• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jack in the Box introduces Chick-N-Tater Melt: chicken sandwich w/ a hash brown patty

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2014/09/news-jack-in-box-new-chick-n-tater-melt.html

Jack in the Box introduces the new Chick-N-Tater Melt as part of their late-night Munchie Meal menu. In addition to the new food item, they're also running a "Munchie Peel" instant win game.

The Chick-N-Tater Melt features a crispy chicken patty, bacon, a hash brown patty, a melted blend of three cheeses, and ranch on a toasted croissant. You might remember that it was testing earlier this year in northern California.

Like the rest of the late-night menu, it's only available after 9 pm to 5 am. It's a little bit of a cross between the Exploding Cheesy Chicken Sandwich and the Brunch Burger, both of which are no longer on the menu.

You'll find Munchie Peel instant win game pieces on the boxes for Jack's Munchie Meals. There's a 1-in-4 chance of winning per piece and over 1 million dollars in food and other prizes up for grabs, including snowboards, gift cards, and airfare vouchers.

The game runs through 11/12/14, while supplies last.

Nutritional Info - Jack in the Box Chick-N-Tater-Melt-Munchie Meal (they don't list the sandwich individually)

Serving Size - 1 meal (587g) not including the drink.
Calories - 1756 (from Fat - 981)
Fat - 109g (Saturated Fat - 28g)
Sodium - 3307mg
Carbs - 151g (Sugar - 10g)
Protein - 44g

rWMK9mN.jpg

Superflat

Serving Size - 1 meal (587g) not including the drink.
Calories - 1756 (from Fat - 981)
Fat - 109g (Saturated Fat - 28g)
Sodium - 3307mg
Carbs - 151g (Sugar - 10g)
Protein - 44g

LOOL. 109 grams of fat for a tiny croissant sandwich and more than a day's recommendation of calories if someone is dieting. The real mystery is where is all the protein coming from? A chicken patty usually has less than half the amount of protein shown here. Bacon (as shown in the picture) has even less. Are they mixing protein powder into the food? That could somewhat explain the absurd calorie spike lol.

Like the rest of the late-night menu, it's only available after 9 pm to 5 am.

So not only is it incredibly unhealthy, it's exclusive to the times when it's the unhealthiest to eat. Jeebus.

All that said; it looks delicious :[

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
LOOL. 109 grams of fat for a tiny croissant sandwich and more than a day's recommendation of calories if someone is dieting. The real mystery is where is all the protein coming from? A chicken patty usually has less than half the amount of protein shown here. Bacon (as shown in the picture) has even less. Are they mixing protein powder into the food? That could somewhat explain the absurd calorie spike lol.

The info is for the total meal, not just the sandwich. The meal comes with 2 tacos and fries.

Nutritional Info - Jack in the Box Chick-N-Tater-Melt-Munchie Meal (they don't list the sandwich individually)

So not only is it incredibly unhealthy, it's exclusive to the times when it's the unhealthiest to eat. Jeebus.

All that said; it looks delicious :[

Yeah I am sure someone is eating at Jack and the Box if they are dieting.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Embracing Taco Bell's philosophy of trying to combine all their existing ingredients in new and innovative ways, obviously!

Can wait to see someone do the bun in a bun burger :p

Superflat

The info is for the total meal, not just the sandwich. The meal comes with 2 tacos and fries.

Thanks for clarifying, that could explain where the extra mystery protein is coming from as well as crazy inflated nutritional stats.

Yeah I am sure someone is eating at Jack and the Box if they are dieting.

Not saying a dieting person would eat it, I'm saying that's an entire day's worth of food for comparison. Not only that but you can only consume this after you've presumably had a day's worth of food in you (between 9pm and 5am), insanity!

maxcriden

I wonder if I could tell the difference readily between the hash brown and chicken IRL just by looking at them, more easily than I can in that pic.

I wish they'd have the stuff on that munchie menu all day. Some of it looks good, but I'm not going to go get fast food that late.

They have to stack all that extra shit on there to disguise the flavor and texture of the worst chicken patty sold by any food chain on the planet.

Rell

Is Jack In the Box gunning hard for this mid-2000s Burger King stoners and adult cartoon enthusiast crowd?

People need to learn to read... That nutritional info is the entire meal, not just the sandwich!

I've never been to Jack In the Box before but I may just have to try this out sometime, looks too good to pass up.

kottila

People need to learn to read... That nutritional info is the entire meal, not just the sandwich!

I've never been to Jack In the Box before but I may just have to try this out sometime, looks too good to pass up.

I'd imagine most people getting the menu would also have a soda, so that's another 200+ calories.

Would be good for bulking season but the sodium content concerns me the most about that meal. But that's how it is with 95% of fast food.

Zukuu

Banned
Whatever fits your macros. Calories ain't bad. In fact, it's hard for me to break it for you, but you EAT because of those calories to begin with....

Bumping this up to say I went and got one of these just now after work and oh my god it's the best thing ever. Quite sloppy, but the potato and chicken (and cheese and ranch) worked together very well. The bacon gets kind of drowned out with everything else going on, but hey you never say no to bacon.

Shame it's on the munchie menu and so won't get as much exposure and probably end up dying an early death, but I'll definitely try and get it again before it goes away. It was $4 for just the sandwich so not the cheapest thing though.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I read somewhere they are discontinuing the Brunch Burger for this? If so kill me, because the Brunch Burger was one of my reasons to keep living.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom