• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3: Mech Land Assault DLC Gameplay (6/3 for season pass, 6/10 for all)

lcap

The DLC story takes place on an island to the north of the main story area, but players can also take those mechs back into the original campaign, to raise a little hell. The mechs can be upgraded, and they can be driven by AI allies, so that protagonist Rico Rodriguez can do other murdery stuff. Just Cause 3: Mech Land Assault costs $11.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ5o3dJzTxU

Souce: Polygon

Well, fingers crossed for a real performance improvement patch on consoles, this DLC is looking quite nice and, as a season pass buyer (I know, I'm part of the problem) I'm hoping to play it.

Edit:

Oh, and it's out June 3rd for season pass holders and June 10th for everyone else.

S1kkZ

the game is an unplayble mess on ps4 since the last patch. i bet nothing will change (and digital foundry will still not report on it...).

I was going to buy it day one but didn't because of performance.

Holy shit though, this game has been a disaster. I would still consider buying it if they fixed it again.. And this content actually looks okish.

Katori

It's a great idea for Just Cause, and I'd pull the trigger (especially on a sale) if they just smoothed out the console performance a little.

As it stands, I'll wait for the patch or to upgrade my PC.

jet1911

Too bad the performances on consoles suck ass because this looks super fun. That wingsuit upgrade is crazy. :eek:

GRIMREEFZ

Whoa I had no idea the game was such a mess on consoles. That's a shame. This DLC looks super fun and I will be getting back into the game bc of this.

vypek

What the fuck are they doing? Wow. Stop working on additional content and fix the fucking mess you've already released.

I think it is more likely they just want to finish their obligations to the season pass holders and deliver on the 3 DLC. Otherwise, I doubt it makes sense to them to give any other support to the game. Maybe there will be one final dedicated patch but I wouldn't think they would bother.

the game is an unplayble mess on ps4 since the last patch. i bet nothing will change (and digital foundry will still not report on it...).

I was more than halfway through the game with collectibles and challenges included when the last patch dropped. It really became unfuckinplayable for me, framerate constantly dropping below 10. So fuck their game and their dlc, I hope nobody buys it.

Also, I;ve been begging Digital Foundry in the comment section of almost every video they release to cover this. They seem to not care also.

Corpekata

Banned
Console issues aside, I really like some of the DLC ideas they've had. The jetpack is great fun and this looks like it might solve one of my biggest issues in that it often feels like you're a bit weak to damage except in certain vehicles that are often slow/ restrictive. Love the gravity gun.

So, as a PC player, this DLC looks pretty exciting to me.

Console issues suck and I'd hope that their Stockholm studio would step in and dedicate some time to fixing some of the console issues.

Lucifon

New patches destroyed frame rate and overall smoothness of play. Also on the X1.. it sucks.
Eugh I might just sell it and give up hope.

I got it at launch and performance was poor. The slowdown during big explosions (most of the time in that game) is just bad. The game literally just slows down. After week 1 I thought I'd hold off until it was sorted, hearing that it's worse just gives me zero hope.

tilomite!

Obviously I'm in a small minority, but I spent a lot of time with the game this weekend, had a ton of fun, and performance seemed fine for me on PS4.

chefboy

Neo Member

That's odd. I have heard this over and over on Neogaf, yet I play it just fine on my PS4. What was the problems supposed to be?

SJRB

Gold Member
Pushing 12-dollar DLC even though their game is a mess since launch.

They have balls of steel, I'll give them that.

danowat

Banned
That's odd. I have heard this over and over on Neogaf, yet I play it just fine on my PS4. What was the problems supposed to be?

Takes around 5 mins after loading before my weapons and grapple hooks appear, then there are areas where the framerate slows to a crawl.

Akoi

As a PC game, this game is great now, but not as a console game. I for one since I play on PC will buy the season pass thing once the content all comes out and maybe goes on sale.

Amazing how theyll continue their DLC mission statement, yet totally turn a blind eye on how broken the console versions are....

tilomite!

How much of the game have you played? Opened up a lot of areas?

I've done 100% on the first island, halfway through the second island, and did a lil sight seeing on the third island. There's a very long load time when I start the game, but after that it runs fine for me.

You know they have more than one person working at the company right?

When they released a patch that screwed up both console ports and then release multiple DLCs after the fact with no word on a patch to fix the patch...then yeah people have the right to complain.

I haven't played this since release, but looking at the last updates in ps4 is unplayable now, I hope it get fix really fast, they can't spect people to buy dlc if the game barely work (considering it was working ok before).

Does the XL edition in ps4 include the season pass? If that's the case, I already had pay for this D:.

Uraizen

Banned
Isn't the PC version bork'd too? The forums were full of complaints of stuttering when I was deciding whether or not to pick it up recently.

Nimby

Banned
Two things keeping from buying this game:

1. Performance
2. Lack of multiplayer sandbox

The handling of this game has been terrible.

Awesome, I love Mechs! I'm really looking forward to this when it comes out this Friday.

It's going to be incredible causing destruction in a Mech at 60fps!

Yeah the game has run well for me on the PS4. I even have forty minutes of me playing after the patch, and besides some occasional slow down it's hardly "unplayable".
Excuse the eugenics talk if you click the link.
I'm looking forward to the new dlc, but I probably won't grab it for a while considering everything I have on my plate.

Yeah the game has run well for me on the PS4. I even have forty minutes of me playing after the patch, and besides some occasional slow down it's hardly "unplayable".
Excuse the eugenics talk if you click the link.
I'm looking forward to the new dlc, but I probably won't grab it for a while considering everything I have on my plate.

For some reason some seem to be having the issue more than others. I know after I got the patch the game went from just playable and I can overlook it to a stuttering mess that slideshows the entire time. Even after a uninstall and reinstall of my digital copy.

gafneo

Banned
Just when I thought this game couldn't get any funner. If they give out a multiplayer, it would be a force to be reckoned. Hope they fix the console ports. Maybe it will run smoothly on a Neo.

Top Bottom