• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Comes out Spring this year. Rated R. Sequel to Justice League Dark and part of the DCAMU continuity (which has stuff like Death of Superman, Flashpoint Paradox, Batman vs Robin, and the recent Wonder Womans Bloodlines). This is the big rematch with Darkseid built up over the last 7 years.

Really huge cast of characters in this, which is normal for their tv shows but fairly unique to their movies. We got

- Superman
- Batman
- Wonder Woman
- Green Lanterns (plural)
- Cyborg
- Nightwing
- Batgirl
- Batwoman
- Robin (Damian)
- Raven
- Lex Luthor (in his purple legion of doom outfit cuz he a real nigga)
- Constantine
- Swamp Thing
- Shazam
- Flash
- Martian Manhunter
- Aquaman and Mera
- Zatanna and her cleavage
- Hawkman
- Steel. Unfortunately not played by Shaq.
- Etrigan

giphy.gif

shiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttt

skneogaf

I loved it as I did the rest of the dc new 52 animation movies. Every single one is excellent and should have been what the live action movies could have been.

Elcid

Banned
Holy shit. This movie was a 10/10 for me. The only thing I didn't like is that it's the end! And if anything, it was a pinch too short.
I wanted some Aquaman and Superboy, but they just got shrikity-shrekt.
This movie is what Endgame should have been. This was an incredible end to a 16 movie series.

Edit: Really bummed we didn't get a Death of the Family movie in this universe :(

Last edited:

plushyp

This is the viewing order if someone was curious:

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Justice League: War
Son of Batman
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
Batman vs. Robin
Batman: Bad Blood
Justice League vs. Teen Titans
Justice League Dark
Constantine: City of Demons
Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay
The Death of Superman
Reign of the Supermen
Batman: Hush
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines

Saw this last night and thought it was awesome. It's basically what I was hoping the live-action JL movies would lead to, but alas...
This is the viewing order if someone was curious:

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Justice League: War
Son of Batman
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
Batman vs. Robin
Batman: Bad Blood
Justice League vs. Teen Titans
Justice League Dark
Constantine: City of Demons
Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay
The Death of Superman
Reign of the Supermen
Batman: Hush
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines
Wow, I missed a lot more than I thought! I only saw Son of Batman, Batman vs Robin, JLD, and Apokolips War lol

Last edited:

plushyp

Saw this last night and thought it was awesome. It's basically what I was hoping the live-action JL movies would lead to, but alas...

Wow, I missed a lot more than I thought! I only saw Son of Batman, JLD, and Apokolips War lol
You have a lot of catching up to do lol

Sub_Level

Never knew Constantine is part of DC until now

Yep. He is part of the magical segment of DC, along with Zatanna , Etrigan, Raven from Teen Titans, and Dr. Fate. The Marvel equivalents would be folks like Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch (even tho she is a mutant, she is classified as a magic user)

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

Watching it now was shocked discovering these films last year (don't think I can say where) there really good but marketed terribly.

black_13

Banned
Finished watching it and it was really great! Dark but satisfying. Now I gotta go back watch all the other individual movies.

teezzy

Banned
Throne of Atlantis and Son of Batman were both rad as shit.

Looks like I've got some torrenting to do

Sub_Level

lmao @ all the on-screen character deaths. Felt like watching an old Gundam show.

Good movie, definitely not the best ending but if you've seen Flashpoint Paradox its more palatable.

If I had to rank the major non-comic DC continuities it'd be:

1. DC Animated Universe (Batman The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League Unlimited, e.t.c.)
2. DC Animated Movie Universe (Son of Batman, Justice League Dark, Death of Superman, e.t.c.)
3. Young Justice
4. Injustice
5. Actual Dog Shit
6. DC Extended Universe

TacosNSalsa

Sooooo...just finished watching this and .. Superman AND Batman were able to break the control of two of the most powerful beings in DC comics..maybe even in comics in general through sheer will alone and some try tell me that Batman is just a normal human..or Superman isn't THAT powerful.Sheesh . I wish the live action movies had at least a 10th of the ambition of some of these animated movies, instead of the Quest to Kill Superman followed by the Quest to Bring Superman Back, where they fight some parademons and a mini boss..

Top Bottom