• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Justice League' screening held, reactions

Boke1879

The last Third is pretty bad man, not enough to ruin the movie but it's really in Stark contrast to the rest of the good movie

It's not really that bad to be honest. It's not great by any means, but it didn't take away from the movie at all.

TI82

Banned
It's not really that bad to be honest. It's not great by any means, but it didn't take away from the movie at all.

Difference of opinion I guess, basically e everyone I watched it with was flabbergasted around then.
the final villain in particular being so incredibly lame

TI82

Banned
Oh I know that. Affleck is pretty good at comedy

It's just tonally since BvS took itself super serious. But shouldn't be bad since I'm expecting mostly sarcastic humor.

I don't think Snyder takes criticism very well and expect lots of more "super deep imagery" and "subtle" jabs at the press and fans as the humor form. I also don't trust the trailers as this series has already shown us

Oh I know that. Affleck is pretty good at comedy

It's just tonally since BvS took itself super serious. But shouldn't be bad since I'm expecting mostly sarcastic humor.
Honestly, even if this film turns out pretty good, it's gonna be hard for me to buy into any possible tonal shifts regarding Batman or Superman's personalities because of what's been previously established.

Firemind

I don't think Snyder takes criticism very well and expect lots of more "super deep imagery" and "subtle" jabs at the press and fans as the humor form. I also don't trust the trailers as this series has already shown us
"subtle" jabs? lol

Ashhong

Well, the last probably 1/4 of the film was garbage so those early screenings are used to try and fix things. They fixed most of the movie so it's not unreasonable to say that the movie was really bad at first.

Garbage? Really? lol. And it's pretty unreasonable to think that a movie went from really bad at a test screening to great. That's not how it works

the spoilers I've been reading about it in the other thread in the community section make this movie sound like shit tbh. hopefully its all just conjecture.

The spoilers for the Cursed Child made it sound pretty crap but people who've seen it really rate it. Maybe not the same. I'm expecting a 6/7 out of 10.

Veelk

Banned
What the fuck? no really, What the fuck? WHAT ARE YOU DOING DC!!

Screw this and screw everything. You don't do that to Batman. Fuck. You. WB executives.

And especially fuck Joss Whedon. Hack.

Lol.

Depends on how they do it, but for me the best batman humor comes from his seriousness, so I hope that's how it happens.

TI82

Banned
"subtle" jabs? lol

Maybe throwing a rotten tomato at a reporter ;)

Garbage? Really? lol. And it's pretty unreasonable to think that a movie went from really bad at a test screening to great. That's not how it works

So many good movies were saved after really bad test screenings that I won't even bother listing them. Seriously here's a cracked article on just a few.

http://www.cracked.com/article_24289_6-famous-films-that-were-totally-saved-by-test-screenings.html

a916

The last Third is pretty bad man, not enough to ruin the movie but it's really in Stark contrast to the rest of the good movie

It's not even the last 3rd (ie the last 40 minutes... it's the last 10 minutes) and even that isn't enough, like you said, to ruin it.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Honestly, even if this film turns out pretty good, it's gonna be hard for me to buy into any possible tonal shifts regarding Batman or Superman's personalities because of what's been previously established.

So it'll be just like how Batman acts differently in Batman comics and Batman/Superman comics and JL comics?

Ashhong

Maybe throwing a rotten tomato at a reporter ;)

So many good movies were saved after really bad test screenings that I won't even bother listing them. Seriously here's a cracked article on just a few.

http://www.cracked.com/article_24289_6-famous-films-that-were-totally-saved-by-test-screenings.html

None of those examples seemed to be "really bad" movies that were saved. It was a specific thing that was changed and it made the movie better. Except for maybe Anchorman. My point still stands regarding Wonder Woman.

Blader

Bruce has been pretty jokey in the trailers ("I hear you to talk to fish", "I'm rich," "Maybe temporary", etc.) so the movie leaning on Batman for humor isn't that unexpected.

So its a normal super hero movie?

Well it's Justice League, so yes, it's a superhero movie

I hope his him trying to ease up and work well with others.
I think that was mentioned in one of the trailers.
So it'll be just like how Batman acts differently in Batman comics and Batman/Superman comics and JL comics?
I get your point but comics are... y'know, comics. They're numerous and have been handled by so many different people. This is a direct sequel to a movie that established certain themes about it's universe and characters, so it's just gonna feel a little jarring for me (if they indeed go that route).

I'm probably just nitpicking now, though. I hope the movie is good.

Apt101

The screenings of BvS resulted in glowing opinions. We saw how that turned out. I no longer trust these things.

Ashhong

I think that was mentioned in one of the trailers.

I get your point but comics are... y'know, comics. They're numerous and have been handled by so many different people. This is a direct sequel to a movie that established certain themes about it's universe and characters, so it's just gonna feel a little jarring for me (if they indeed go that route).

I'm probably just nitpicking now, though. I hope the movie is good.

I think more jarring will be the difference in Supes. Batman had the "I thought she was with you" line in BvS and then you can see some change in Bruce at the end. Natural progression I think

Cipherr

Update: It's further said that a Superman fan that was not happy with Man of Steel or Batman vs. Superman loved Justice League, so take that for what it is worth.

Good Taste Confirmed!
THAT DOES IT FOR ME! Fucking HYPE!
D1dZ6Dh.gif

I think more jarring will be the difference in Supes. Batman had the "I thought she was with you" line in BvS and then you can see some change in Bruce at the end. Natural progression I think
I'm still sad about Batman killing people, honestly. But yeah, Superman is definitely gonna be the most jarring change. His brooding could've given Batman a run for his money.

Ashhong

I just realized. All three of Zack's DC movies involve catastrophic damage

What was there in BvS? They specifically went out to an empty area blah blah blah. Looks like JL will be in a deserted area also

I'm still sad about Batman killing people, honestly. But yeah, Superman is definitely gonna be the most jarring change. His brooding could've given Batman a run for his money.

I'm ok with that, but it definitely seems like they fixed that part of Batman for you whiners out there

Can't trust these early reactions anymore. Man of Steel had really positive early reaction buzz during screens and look how that turned out...

IconGrist

If even half of what I read about JL turns out to be true I just might skip this movie altogether. Which pains me greatly since the only miss for me so far has been Suicide Squad.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Y'all love Iron Man 3, the boringest most lame superhero movie ever, and yet we'll get multiple pages on BvS.

Top Bottom