• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Okay I'm not gonna lie the dancehall / reggaeton inspired beat of Oh NaNa is catchy as fnck. I feel like I can get ratchet with this song lololol.

Can Somin plz be my ratchet queen?

Sulli? lol

Amber was quite active before, but not anymore (maybe she was migrated to snapchat?)

Kyungri is always very active, but no clue if she talks about personal stuff or what.

Uhhh idk about Sulli. Let's just say if you know her controversies post f(x) especially with that one photographer........ I feel like if somebody peeps on my IG feed while I'm in public, I might get sent to jail lol.

Yeah Amber was cool before and yep I think she's on SC these days but I'm too old for that shit haha.

I haven't followed Kyungri but I'll take a look.

What I'm really interested are those idols who IG things outside of work, not necessarily their personal lives, but stuff that we normal people do as well. You know the dumb shit like their lunch, coffee cup... the cool and random shit they find.

·feist·;229909539 said:
Ashley's great and as a general rule Ladies Code never get enough love.

Seriously. I know there's some LC fans here on GAF but I think I'm the only LC stan in here. But if you are out there, raise your hand so we can do a headcount!

Ashley actually reminds me a lot of Fany, except that Ashley's more refined(though this might be due to the hoity-toitiness of New Yorkers) and less spastic than Fany.

The way Chocolat went under was such a mess too. I know Melanie would have 'secret' Skype chats with random fans, and the girls would also do livestreams (I tuned in a few times) and they would basically talk about how their company/parents don't want them to do those so no one should snitch... How naive. Especially since fans were able to get some juicy stuff out of them, like how that member that was with them at debut but left due to 'health reasons' left for different reasons and basically trash talked their company a bit. Yeah, messy.

Black Tinkerbell still blesses me though.

Let's remember Chocolat's magnum opus: Syndrome

I love this song for rhyming 'issue' with 'tissue'

Tiffany live instagram was gold today.
Taeyeon speaking English

C4EBsEHUMAEPKou.jpg:large
Almost died when she smacked her ass at the end LMAO

C4GjZ1qUYAIZ_6-.jpg
C4GjZ1cVcAAxls9.jpg

C4GjZ1pUoAEEeqm.jpg
C4GjZ1pUYAExHjt.jpg

Kazzy

BESTie speak the truth on ‘NOISEY' about why dating bans exist, get scolded by manager

We all know how it works anyway, so I don't see why the need to sugar coat it.

Yeah, their response was veiled enough that those who actually know the truth (well, everyone), could figure it out, and those who want to live in ignorance, can continue to delude themselves. But the whole thing will continue to be the literal dumbest thing imaginable.

Honestly, I couldn't imagine approaching K-pop, or pretty much anything, simply because of an aspect such that. It's those sort of fans that make me disassociate with the genre, to a degree. And if it ever does come up, I always have to reiterate that I'm largely in it for the music, and the 'culture' is something I've never really been on board with. Obviously I have to broach the topic much more now that I live here, (and post in here) but it's an annoying sort of distinction, or stereotype to have to contend with, for sure.

Yeah, the manager makes it look like the most sinister thing ever. Could have been brushed fairly innocuously, otherwise. So insidious. So creepy.

The fact that some app developer is making money off that game while I'm here drinking a beer and catching up on KARD is just bleh...

Also feel free to strangle her lol.

That spoiler is the entire basis for my rant haha.
i figured it was a major spoiler, drat! =P

i like them.
oh man, that spam! that's some basic blue collar food right there. all they have to do is put saran wrap on it and they can eat it the next day. (that's perfect korean leftover breakfast food)

Loci

The real question is:

Is Tia old enough now?

Edit: lmao, top of page

Let's remember Chocolat's magnum opus: Syndrome

Also, remember that weird rumour that put her as the 5th member of Red Velvet when some pics leaked from the shooting of Ice Cream Cake and we didn't know of the existence of Yeri?

Isn't Somi basically the same age Tia was back then.
Obviously there's no pantsu shot fancam of Somi, tho. waddaman had fairly short outfits, too.
___

has one of the based neogaf kpop gods made a New releases youtube playlist for 2017 already?

PInk Tape

Banned
So I've been listening to Suzy's album while studying and I think it's growing on me. Really like the chill/darkish sound and feel of it.

Peru

Uhhh idk about Sulli. Let's just say if you know her controversies post f(x) especially with that one photographer........ I feel like if somebody peeps on my IG feed while I'm in public, I might get sent to jail lol.

Completely made up controversies.

"Lunch, coffee, ramen" describes most idols' instagram to me.

Recently...
Spica — [bnt영상] 실력파 걸그룹, 스피카의 핫한 화보 영상!
They had performed on stage only a few days ago.

Twice x NBA x Sudden Attack — [서든어택] 2017 트와이스 캐릭터 메이킹 영상

Lee Sung Kyung x Elle — 이성경의 해피 아워

Doyeon (I.O.I) x Maybelline NY Korea — 도연의 핏미 컨실러 FIT ME! l 메이블린 뉴욕 (30')

Lee Sun Bin — 앳스타일(@star1) 2017년 2월호 이선빈 화보(밸런타인데이.ver)

Namji, others — HIGH CUT vol. 191 GongYoo, GongMyoung, NamJiHyun, Sulli

Red Velvet — After School Club _ Have you ever seen these 'Rookie's???? (레드벨벳의 이런 루키 처음이지?)

p2.1.gif

Chaeyeon (DIA) — [더스타] The Star 1,2월호 정채연 화보촬영 메이킹

Chaeyeon x Jinyoung — [NYLON TV KOREA] 진영과 채연의 설레는 만남

Go Ara — 더스타THE STAR 17년 1,2월 고아라 MAKING STORY

Go Ara x Cosmopolitan — [코스모폴리탄] 고아라 화보 메이킹 영상

Kim So Eun x L'Ohacell — [LOHACELL] 로하셀 메이킹 영상_남자가 여자를 가장 사랑하는 순간

Kim So Eun x L'Ohacell — [LOHACELL] Star Interview_ 김소은

p1.7.gif

f(x) Victoria - L'OFFICIAL China Feb 1

f(x) Victoria - L'OFFICIAL China Feb 2

Victoria x L'Officiel China — Song Qian: Lofficiel China November 2016 --- 宋茜

JKTrix:
Seohyun Home [선공개] 가출한(?) 서현이의 혼자 노는법! 170208 EP.1

Seohyun Home [선공개]항상 침착한줄 알았던 서현이의 대기실 깨방정 1위 퍼포먼스 170208 EP.1

Eldren:
Hyoyeon - 孝渊的100万个赞_造型比拼第二弹!!用运动休闲风格集赞!

HY1000like 째복 옹심이를 향한 도토리묵무침 게임! 170206 EP.8
HY1000like 인간 컬링 대결배 in 강릉 170206 EP.8
HY1000like 강릉의 it먹거리 연탄빵! 170206 EP.8
HY1000like HYO프린세스의 마음을 얻은 프린스는 누구? 170206 EP.8
HY1000like HYO프린세스와 3명의 왕자님 등장! 170206 EP.8

Seriously. I know there's some LC fans here on GAF but I think I'm the only LC stan in here. But if you are out there, raise your hand so we can do a headcount!

Ashley actually reminds me a lot of Fany, except that Ashley's more refined(though this might be due to the hoity-toitiness of New Yorkers) and less spastic than Fany.
1.gif

'Myst3ry' and its individual tracks received some mentions here, including some best of 2016 lists. "The Rain" and 'Strang3r' mini were mostly ignored, though.

Dice was a fan of OG LC. Can't recall when he's last mentioned anything at all about the group. Speaking of...

seulgi and wendy tho ��
R1920x0

Loci:

http://www.calobye.com/gallery.php?mode=sne&ms=test
http://cfile2.uf.tistory.com/original/234FE542589702AF11702F
http://cfile23.uf.tistory.com/original/22670D405897026E155CF9
http://cfile6.uf.tistory.com/original/2364163E589702E11073BE

jisoo, naeun, yuna, krystal, jessica, chaeyeon, doyeon, gfriend, min hyo rin, mina, irene, nayoung, woohee, han hye rin, kojiharu, hirose suzu, seolhyun, han chae young, nana, go ara, twice, victoria

Am I weird for wanting to buy this:

9191d024a8874b06c5dc685304484388_1480159261_8152.jpg

Being a dude in their mid-20's I feel like I shouldn't even be interested in buying it at all, but Mr. Buckwheat is probably one of the gender neutral stuffed toys available these days lolol.

Completely made up controversies.

"Lunch, coffee, ramen" describes most idols' instagram to me.

Oh yeah definitely them controversies are made up, but it was a hint on as to why I don't really want to follow her lol.

Her "aesthetic" (I fncking hate this word due to Vaporwave) just doesn't seem fit for public consumption lol.

·feist·;229935559 said:
'Myst3ry' and its individual tracks received some mentions here, including some best of 2016 lists. "The Rain" and 'Strang3r' mini were mostly ignored, though.

Dice was a fan of OG LC. Can't recall when he's last mentioned anything at all about the group. Speaking of...

Yeah IMO The Rain was their best track last year. The aesthetics(this is the proper use of this fncking word lol) in the music and video were fan-fncking-tastic.

Speaking of OG LC, has this been posted before:

Pretty Pretty
Kiss Kiss
Bad Girl

Yep, those are recent fancams of the trio performing their OG material. I never listened to LC before Galaxy so this was pretty interesting to watch. Also, I find it amazing that they're actually performing these songs, I kinda had this feeling that we'd never see them perform their OG songs but to see the trio perform them makes me feel happy and sad at the same time.

And hype.

A bolo tie?

Dafuq.

And no, despite the fact that I live in Texas, I don't own a bolo tie, and I have never in my life rode a horse to school.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
·feist·;229935559 said:
Yeah, original LC was much brighter, sassy, and fun. It's understandable why their tone would darken after the tragedy, but I don't need to warp my musical tastes/desires to keep my active attention on them. Their new music is good in terms of quality and they are still great performers, but I mostly listen to kpop for pop happiness, luscious R&B, or peaceful chill mode (Lovelyz) stuff. On the occasion I do want music to speak to my depressive vibes, I'd rather it be passionately sad than just sort of detached or despondent. This is also why I prefer more upbeat and/or sassy IU to her usual acoustic songs.

Yep, those are recent fancams of the trio performing their OG material. I never listened to LC before Galaxy so this was pretty interesting to watch. Also, I find it amazing that they're actually performing these songs, I kinda had this feeling that we'd never see them perform their OG songs but to see the trio perform them makes me feel happy and sad at the same time.
Watched a bit of Pretty Pretty and Rise was still on the backtrack on the first verse. Just couldn't.

No No Eul

I'm still really enjoying Rookie. I absolutely love the speaking sections of the verses, they're such fun. Little Little is probably getting more plays at the moment though.

has one of the based neogaf kpop gods made a New releases youtube playlist for 2017 already?

I, er, yeah... I haven't done that yet. I've got some time off work next week so I'll sort it out then.

Eldren

Man I feel like I've had a complete turn-around. I was listening to Rookie earlier and it just CLICKED, like I finally got it. It's so good, that bassline is everything, and that chorus. Conversely, I still wasn't feeling any of the album tracks. Maybe they just need more time to sink in.

Yeah, original LC was much brighter, sassy, and fun. It's understandable why their tone would darken after the tragedy, but I don't need to warp my musical tastes/desires to keep my active attention on them. Their new music is good in terms of quality and they are still great performers, but I mostly listen to kpop for pop happiness, luscious R&B, or peaceful chill mode (Lovelyz) stuff. On the occasion I do want music to speak to my depressive vibes, I'd rather it be passionately sad than just sort of detached or despondent. This is also why I prefer more upbeat and/or sassy IU to her usual acoustic songs.

Watched a bit of Pretty Pretty and Rise was still on the backtrack on the first verse. Just couldn't.

Oh wow that's interesting. I understand why they wouldn't take it out but I also understand why they should remove it. Tbh, I can't really watch these myself coz it feels sorta unpleasant knowing what happened.

Also, I feel like OG LC was pseudo-Mamamoo in some ways, is that a valid assessment or am I just talking out of my ass?

how much is it? =)

The Bonicrew website lists it at 24,000won or $20USD but looking at eBay and Amazon re-sellers, it goes around $25 to $40 plus shipping. It's pretty cheap imo, I just don't know if I should really buy one since I still feel the feels from the show haha.

Speaking of Goblin, I was watching the special episodes they did after the ending and when they were summarizing Eun-tak and Goblin's story all the feels just came back in one fell swoop... especially when Eun-tak makes it back to Canada as an adult(y'all know the scene I'm talking about). I was eating dinner when I was watching it too and I'm pretty sure my rice isn't supposed to be salty.

They also teased a sequel during the show and while I would love to see that, I don't see how they can make a sequel after the events that transpired.

PInk Tape

Banned
Am I weird for wanting to buy this:

Being a dude in their mid-20's I feel like I shouldn't even be interested in buying it at all, but Mr. Buckwheat is probably one of the gender neutral stuffed toys available these days lolol.

Nah, there's nothing weird about wanting that tbh.

I'd say go for it if you really want to get it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Also, I feel like OG LC was pseudo-Mamamoo in some ways, is that a valid assessment or am I just talking out of my ass?
They were by no means copying MMM, if that is what you mean. Their debut had perhaps some stylistic similarity to MMM's. They both exude confidence, yet MMM has a "...whether or not you have a problem with it!" subtext-vibe while there was no sense of present gender contentions with LC. Their vibe was always more like a "I know you like what you see" kind of flirty instigation.

Time travel that alters the events and the repercussions from it.

That's an interesting idea but I'm not so sure it exists within the story.

What Ym1r suggested is more likely imo...
that Bo-ram/bride gets goblin powers as well.

Nah, there's nothing weird about wanting that tbh.

I'd say go for it if you really want to get it.

It's supposed to be released today in Korea but I'll wait a few weeks when my feels are gone and my bank account is replenished lol.

They were by no means copying MMM, if that is what you mean. Their debut had perhaps some stylistic similarity to MMM's. They both exude confidence, yet MMM has a "...whether or not you have a problem with it!" subtext-vibe while there was no sense of present gender contentions with LC. Their vibe was always more like a "I know you like what you see" kind of flirty instigation.

Oh nah I wasn't saying that they were copying Mamamoo... I don't see how it'd be possible anyway as LC debuted in 2013 and Mamamoo in 2014.

What I meant was that they were the proto-Mamamoo, sorta like the prototypes due to their stylistic similarities. At least that's the vibe I got from their OG releases.

Tbh I actually appreciate their style change. I don't think I'd have been a huge OG LC fan since there was already a number of girl groups in the same vein. Transitioning over to this dark, mysterious, aesthetic filled R&B style closed a hole within girl groups that I don't think anybody else does even today.

llehuty

K.A.R.D - Don`t Recall Key point of dance
ANOTHER JAM, IT'S ANOTHER JAM! (Dance looks a bit dumb, though) Edit: also, flat shoes hype! Killer choreo incoming.

[Teaser] MELODYDAY(멜로디데이) _ KISS ON THE LIPS
A summer jam in February? Blessing the southern hemisphere.

[MV] SunnyHill(써니힐) _ Crossroads(두 갈래 길)
10 year anniversary release

lmao, half million views already , BTS fans need to chill.

luso

It's quite the amazing story, it just sad that it's just too late for T-ara. They're innocent.

Too bad they put stuff on twitter, otherwise she would be probably(?) removed from the group with less damage. But this shows that we never really know what is going on behind the scenes when such mess happens, specially when stories don't match and different versions are around. Sounds familiar.

WG song would almost feel would fit in their latest album with the right 80s instrumental, maybe was adapted for now. Definitely their recent sound. Goodbye, WG...

Top Bottom