• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Alicia Keys, and others come to the support of Megaupload

Status
Not open for further replies.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm really surprised that celeb artists notice, care, and actually support Megaupload..... WTF??

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm really surprised that celeb artists notice, care, and actually support Megaupload..... WTF??
I'm not sure if many of them are actually aware of the bolded.

Some of the more savvy artists like Ye maybe, but Kim K? Prooooooobably not.

I bet the artists involved probably don't realize what they got themselves into. I wouldn't be surprised if they back off what they've said after their labels have a chat with them.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Doesn't MegaUpload do some self-policing as well? Taking down files that are reported?

Also when I have to send large files to people MediaFire is definitely the way to go.

GavinGT

Banned
This would make sense if Megaupload/Video kicked down some of the subscription money to the original content producers, but that doesn't happen AFAIK.

benzy

diddyupload.jpg

Song is pretty catchy.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I think I've figured out what's happened here.

These artists all lost copyright claims to Megaupload for songs they actually wrote, and as part of the settlement they were all forced to make a commercial endorsing Megaupload.
What the fuck LOL

RS4-

What about Oron?
One of the worst.

Mediafire is fantastic. Feels good getting multiple files from the custom cover thread at the same time compared to waiting 30 secs each time.

Rapidshare is actually back to being decent. The last few years for them have been terrible.

malfcn

Most probably have no idea what they are supporting. And people like Kim K would do anything to make a buck..

MOMENTS LATER!

Universal Censors Megaupload Song, Gets Branded a “Rogue Label”
“Those UMG criminals. They are sending illegitimate takedown notices for content they don’t own,” he told us. “Dirty tricks in an effort to stop our massively successful viral campaign.”
“UMG did something illegal and unfair by reporting Mega’s content to be infringing. They had no right to do that. We reserve our rights to take legal action. But we’d like to give them the opportunity to apologize.”

[/B]TorrentFreak

Oh, shut the fuck up, you fat hypocritical fuck.

"Kim Schmitz (born January 21, 1974), also known as Kimble[1] and Kim Dotcom, is a German businessman who has generated much publicity and was convicted of credit card fraud, computer fraud, insider trading, and embezzlement. Schmitz is also one of the leaders of the website Megaupload.[3]"

nib95

Banned
Me too. Best thing ever.

Brofist touch! Lol.

No but seriously, well worth what I paid for it (was on some special offer) considering the sheer number of hours worth of entertainment it's given me. Bear in mind a Megaupload account automatically means you have a Megavideo account too.

So much more consistent in speed than stuff like FileSonic and Fileserve as well, which seem to dip and drop all over the place at times. Just a shame Megaupload is no where near as popular as FileSonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom