• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Divinity: Original Sin 2 [Over, $2 million funded]

Burt

I'd be happy with a few more digital goods. I'm not that greedy. :)

Yeah, can't argue with that. I do feel like they skimped a bit at the lower digital tiers. Suprised there isn't something simple like an adventurer's pack with a skin and an item. Not that they needed it, but it would've been nice.

Original Sin is the best non blizzard game I played this decade, so I backed this one without thinking twice(for 125$,can't pass on all those physical goodies)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I never played D:OS, but I love infinity engine games and really enjoyed Pillars of Eternity.

I should probably back this, I guess?

Godot

Neo Member
Instantly backed for the digital copy. After an hour it has already surpassed every other day of the first campaign (101k on the last day was the peak), that's great.

Trickster

Shouldn't they have some stretchgoals? Or do those normally come later? I rarely look at kickstarters right when they're announced

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Shouldn't they have some stretchgoals? Or do those normally come later? I rarely look at kickstarters right when they're announced

Yea stretch goals come when the goal is hit or about to be hit generally.

They might want to get on that, as this sucker is flying.

Trickster

Yea stretch goals come when the goal is hit or about to be hit generally.

They might want to get on that, as this sucker is flying.

Aha, makes sense really.

And yeah. I'm guessing this game will be one of the best funded games ever on kickstarter given how superb the first one is

Dennis

Banned
Pledged for $25 for now.

I own the first game but has yet to play it.

I am backing this solely on GAF judgement of the first game.

Bl@de

Two very different user interfaces will be supported - one for mouse & keyboard and another for controllers. If you play with controllers, you'll be able to use the same split-screen feature introduced in Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition.

wic.gif

vocab

I assumed the first one was extremely successful... why couldn't they use the money from that to fund the sequel?

They are. They have a budget in mind already, but want additional funds to make it even better.. They want community feedback as well so kickstarter makes sense.

Arulan

I assumed the first one was extremely successful... why couldn't they use the money from that to fund the sequel?

It was, and they are. The Kickstarter is to expand the scope of the game well beyond their means. It worked similarly for the first game too.

Surprised that they are kickstarting this game, given how well the first Original Sin sold. According to Steam Spy it sold an estimated 852,859 copies on Steam alone. I'm sure it has a high number on GOG as well.But I guess if the money goes for helping them finish the game, then sure.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hrm. Well, if nothing else, I suppose the one benefit of preordering the game beyond supporting some kind of expanding scope is getting the game at half price.

CHC

They are gonna get SO much money. 166k in mere hours....

That's great news. I never finished the first game but I really liked what I played and will come back once the director's cut upgrade is out.

Burt

570997660553545a3f134m6swj.jpg

I know this isn't the spot, but because of the general layout and setting, when I saw this screenshot I immediately thought

DON'T TOUCH THE GRAVE

I really liked the first game but thought the way it implemented co op was dog shit

When we went to the weirdo dimension thing with the little goblin (first town so I dont think its really spoilers), it's a bunch of her going through dialogue options while I have to just eyeball it all in the chat log and stand around until she's done

and that motherfucker talks A LOT

PFD

I haven't played the first one. Might jump on the $50 tier to get both games! (or i might get the first one on PS4 instead...)

I really liked the first game but thought the way it implemented co op was dog shit

When we went to the weirdo dimension thing with the little goblin (first town so I dont think its really spoilers), it's a bunch of her going through dialogue options while I have to just eyeball it all in the chat log and stand around until she's done

and that motherfucker talks A LOT

A later patch made it so you could read them along in your own dialogue box.

SerRodrik

I still haven't gotten around to buying Original Sin 1, so I had to back when I saw I could get both games for $50. That's a really good deal considering the original is still going for $40.

Kudo

Shouldn't they finish Enhanced Edition before running this?
I haven't even played the game yet, but if the Kickstarter is still going on after EE is released I might pledge.

vocab

Shouldn't they finish Enhanced Edition before running this?
I haven't even played the game yet, but if the Kickstarter is still going on after EE is released I might pledge.

The game is basically finished. It has a release date.

Kudo

Why should they do that? What would stop them from doing both?

I don't know.. Maybe more people would pledge for the sequel after they have played the first one? Just a maybe..
Enhanced Edition is coming to consoles too so I think they messed up a little, but whatever I'm sure they'll hit the target anyway.
I just know that I won't pledge for game sequel I haven't even played yet, would assume lots of people are the same.

I don't know.. Maybe more people would pledge for the sequel after they have played the first one? Just a maybe..
Enhanced Edition is coming to consoles too so I think they messed up a little, but whatever I'm sure they'll hit the target anyway.
I just know that I won't pledge for game sequel I haven't even played yet, would assume lots of people are the same.

Its not even in development for consoles (yet). Original Sin was originally a PC ass PC game and thats who they targeted for the first release. So it makes sense that they're dipping back into that well for the sequel. And now that they've gotten all this praise from their first game this game will probably do even better.
I'm willing to bet Larian know what they're doing with this.

Top Bottom