• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadowfall Press Preview Thread

Radec

What am I looking at here? That HUD reflections are happening outside of the wall on the ground?

next-gen sonar mode

Sonar_mode.jpg

kyser73

Hang on.

We're talking about a game which, as it's background premise, has humans travelling to other solar systems and colonising other planets, engaging in some form of regular interstellar travel that doesn't take centuries (else why would there be war over resources and trade in the first place), and you guys are getting hung up that your character has tech that can see through walls?

OK.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Really temped to buy a 65" F9000 next year to replace my 55" D8000.
Samsung-F9000.jpg

Wish it came in 70" though. That would be the sweet spot.
Honestly, I'd rather buy the 55" OLED display that Samsung has available. It maybe smaller but the image bests any 4K TV on the market right now.

Kane1345

I disabled Listening Mode in The Last of Us since tension was a big part of the game. Not knowing what was coming next was a vital part of the experience. For this, the X-ray vision helps with strategizing your approach to combat. I don't mind its inclusion. If it wasn't there, I'd be figuring out optimal solutions through trial and error instead. With all the destructible cover, I don't want to be firing blindly into a wall without knowing what's on the other side. From the footage, it looks like the level design accounts for all of the OWL's abilities.

This

jett

D-Member
Hostage tower playthrough at Brasil Game Show http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/40142006 i beileve was streamed at the 35-45 fps rate GG has claimed rather than the standard youtube limiting 30fps. Smoothest video i have seen despite the dodgy quality. Starts about 21:00 in the second half of the show.

BTW, Killzone actually starts at 51:00. Framerate looks WAY better than any other version of this footage. No stuttering at all. Thanks for sharing.

Hang on.

We're talking about a game which, as it's background premise, has humans travelling to other solar systems and colonising other planets, engaging in some form of regular interstellar travel that doesn't take centuries (else why would there be war over resources and trade in the first place), and you guys are getting hung up that your character has tech that can see through walls?

OK.

yep. Some other clowns were concerned about the how unrealistic it is for a shadow Marshall to zip line using one arm... using a mini drone that attaches to your back... In a game set on a distant planet 300 years in the future.

Concern trolling? Concern trolling.

jett

D-Member
This can't be a real argument. Sniper and Shinn had to be joking that's hilariously ridiculous nit picking

I think in the case of Shinn it was revenge trolling for people complaining about the HUD being reflected on the cars in Forza 5. :lol Some people are just way too overzealous with this shit.

kiguel182

November 29th can't come soon enough... damn it.

It seems that more than graphics (which are awesome, even if the aliasing is a shame) this game is really bringing it in the gameplay department.

Less linearity, different ways to approach challenges and the changes to multiplayer are refreshing to say the least. Let's hope it ends up being as good as shown here.

Ricky_R

I think in the case of Shinn it was revenge trolling for people complaining about the HUD being reflected on the cars in Forza 5. :lol Some people are just way too overzealous with this shit.

I'm confused. Are the sonar enemies reflecting beyond the wall what people mean about the HUD being reflected?

Thought the HUD was composed of the player information on screen like bullet count, health, mini-map, etc. Unless that's what's been reflected and I can't see it.

Saberus

Hostage tower playthrough at Brasil Game Show http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/40142006 i beileve was streamed at the 35-45 fps rate GG has claimed rather than the standard youtube limiting 30fps. Smoothest video i have seen despite the dodgy quality. Starts about 51:00 in the second half of the show.

WOW.. so much better for frame rate.. YT sucks hard core.

holly crap.... when he jumped out of the window and down the rope outside of the building??? That looked awesome..

camac002

WOW.. so much better for frame rate.. YT sucks hard core.

holly crap.... when he jumped out of the window and down the rope outside of the building??? That looked awesome..

Yeah I don't know whats going on with the weird stuttering on a lot of the KZ videos, whether it's being caused by the youtube conversion or the capturing equipment incompatible with ps4. Even the original playstation conference playthrough that they released on youtube had stutters.

All I know is that the 30 fps i get when i throw KZ3 into my ps3 is hell of a lot more smoother than some of the youtube vids right now.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
11 seconds to playing the game, or 11 seconds to the menu screen?

Isn't the initial load (post menu screen) meant to be 30 seconds?

this is actually interesting..

rgJcrkW.jpg

Ugh I hate this shit. I hated it on the Wii. I've got a great sound system - which I can also set the volume on as I please. I dont:

a) Want shitty sound coming out of the built-in DS4 speaker
b) Want sound coming out of the controller late at night when I've turned down the volume - nor do I want to have to set two volume levels!

Please Sony, make this shit an option only.

jett

D-Member
Ugh I hate this shit. I hated it on the Wii. I've got a great sound system - which I can also set the volume on as I please. I dont:

b) Want sound coming out of the controller late at night when I've turned down the volume - nor do I want to have to set two volume levels!

This will surely be an option, PS3 gave you all kinds of sound output options when using a mic. Gross oversight otherwise. I like gaming with headphones too.

velociraptor

Agreed. I personally wear headphones so this DS4 speaker option is a waste.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hostage tower playthrough at Brasil Game Show http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/40142006 i beileve was streamed at the 35-45 fps rate GG has claimed rather than the standard youtube limiting 30fps. Smoothest video i have seen despite the dodgy quality. Starts about 51:00 in the second half of the show.

Wow, the motion blur is doing amazing work there. That's the smoothest looking 30fps I've ever seen.

Do we know if this is on Easy or Normal? I almost always want to start on Normal to avoid frustration but if the enemies have such low health I think I'll bump it up to Hard.

totally agree with this.
DS4 speaker ≠ my Klipsch and Outlaw Audio home theater system.

Top Bottom