• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 Releases in 2024

Killer8

Here I come, ready to make your day a bit worse. Don't shoot the messenger!

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 was revealed yesterday, and is set to be a considerably larger and more comprehensive representation of medieval life. As part of this, it's set to address one of the more controversial elements of the first game, its lack of diversity.

In an interview with IGN, Warhorse was asked directly about its philosophy on historical accuracy in the first game, and whether that philosophy had changed in the second. To this Warhorse responded "Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively cosmopolitan city that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey."

It will be more diverse, yes - because a cosmopolitan city is always going to be a melting pot of different cultures and backgrounds. IGN however is in for a rude awakening if they think the 'diversity' Warhorse is talking about just means 'more brown people'. Diversity also means the difference between, say, a Pict, a Briton, and a Bohemian, as well the difference between a Jew, a Protestant and a Catholic. Yet all would just be considered as generically 'white' to the leftist cum guzzlers at IGN.

There are 371 ethnic groups in Nigeria, for example, speaking over 500 languages. It could be considered an extremely diverse country, even if everyone looks black to a casual observer. But to the modern leftist, 'diversity' just means seeing a salad bowl of different levels of melanin content on the screen. It's extremely retarded and literally skin deep shite.

Anyway, one glance at Daniel Vávra's Twitter feed puts me at ease that there is nothing to worry about. Warhorse have historical accuracy and rigorous scholarship on their side (even having their work used by the University of Prague, one of the oldest in the world). They aren't going to throw it all away for shit swilling American identity politics.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Best version of 1 PC?

I tried a hour and couldn’t get into it. Not sure if it’s me or the game.

Denton

Best version of 1 PC?

I tried a hour and couldn’t get into it. Not sure if it’s me or the game.
Yes, PC version is the best one, if you have good PC. Loadings take around 5 seconds, you get 60fps and much better graphics, plus possibility of mods.
In one hour you were still in tutorial prologue. Personally I enjoyed it from the moment the intro started playing, but if I were you I would still give it some more time. It opens up when you wake up in Rattay mill, then you get the open world freedom and game starts for real. However, as a peasant, your skills are very low so some combat training with Cpt. Bernard is recommended.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Currently doing a replay on PS5 (game is awesome) and technically it’s better that I expected. The game is perfectly playable imho
60fps is always better but honestly, I'd say a game as slow paced as KC: D can be enjoyed at 30fps no problem.

Last edited:

ryu4

Neo Member
So is CDPR, and they've been totally captured. Anything can happen.

Vavra might be forced to bend the knee by his publisher.
CDPR got too big to not turn woke. Warhorse, for better or worse, will never get that big so they'll be fine

Denton Denton
Man, i loved my Panny Plasma - Zero problems, good blacks, no vignetting, DSE, clouding etc, just some minor burn-in after thousands of hours and 10 years of use ;)

Anyway, back to the point : OLED Tvs, due to their (near) instant response time, have this judder with low framerate content, some people notice it, others don't, for me though it's so bad that it has made impossible playing/re-playing games that run at 30fps.
I always preferred 60fps since i was a kiddo but, due to me being a console player mostly i had to adjust to 30fps (and there are LOTS of those on consoles) along the years.
Truth be told, i never had a problem with games that had a good 30fps (i.e those with no frame pacing/frame stepping/stutter etc) when using LCD/LED/Plasma TVs, as soon as i got my LG OLED though...every 30fps game feels like judder city and i just can't.

There are games that fare better than others but, 30fps on OLED, generally speaking is a no-no.

Get this, games that have a 40Hz mode are the ones that feel like "proper" 30fps on OLED, basically, it doesn't feel like you're gaining 10fps but instead, it removes that weird judder making them feel smoother - like 30fps smooth on LCD/LED Tvs, it sounds weird, i know but it is what it is.

TLDNR : 30fps on OLED is bad due to judder and the 40Hz mode in games is the "true 30fps feeling one" when on OLED.

Cheers

Last edited:

Denton

Man, i loved my Panny Plasma - Zero problems, good blacks, no vignetting, DSE, clouding etc, just some minor burn-in after thousands of hours and 10 years of use
That is what I am using - 55ST50 from 2013, no burn-in yet. i just had to replace the remote last year, some buttons were messed up. Together with DLDSR I do not feel any need to upgrade.

And that is interesting about OLED, I had no idea. Since I play on PC I get 60fps everywhere anyway so it wouldn't be a huge deal for me, but still...interesting.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm very LTTP on this one but have put in almost 8 hours into the game this week. I'm liking it a lot. Yes, combat is janky but there is a richness to the game that is hard to deny. I hate the weight limit and the combat needs work but the strength of the game and world is enough for me to be very interested. I was gonna start Sand Land but I think I'll let the kids have that for now and see if I can beat this game. Making me much more interested in the sequel for sure.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I'm very LTTP on this one but have put in almost 8 hours into the game this week. I'm liking it a lot. Yes, combat is janky but there is a richness to the game that is hard to deny. I hate the weight limit and the combat needs work but the strength of the game and world is enough for me to be very interested. I was gonna start Sand Land but I think I'll let the kids have that for now and see if I can beat this game. Making me much more interested in the sequel for sure.
Protip: if you aren’t already, use bludgeoning weapons. They are way better than swords IMO, especially against armored opponents. Knocking enemies out is quite satisfying.

LiquidMetal14

Protip: if you aren’t already, use bludgeoning weapons. They are way better than swords IMO, especially against armored opponents. Knocking enemies out is quite satisfying.
Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try it out.

I'm actually almost 13 hours in. Didn't expect the game to grab me the way it did. Stretches that Braveheart itch.

I've been doing very well with a longsword and just learned how to read Uzhitz so you can tell where I'm at in the story. There's a to do as well. I'll have to stick to the main story for now.

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try it out.

I'm actually almost 13 hours in. Didn't expect the game to grab me the way it did. Stretches that Braveheart itch.

I've been doing very well with a longsword and just learned how to read Uzhitz so you can tell where I'm at in the story. There's a to do as well. I'll have to stick to the main story for now.
If you don't have a horse yet it might be worth looking into, with saddlebags can carry a lot and helped greatly with my weight / packrat problem.

LiquidMetal14

If you don't have a horse yet it might be worth looking into, with saddlebags can carry a lot and helped greatly with my weight / packrat problem.
Yep, got a horse earlier as part of mission. Leveling up that one trait of skill to lower equipped armor as well as increasing weight helped. It still needs to be a out double what it is.

Horse storage definitely helps.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I guess only a 40fps option for this game on consoles would be “fine” provided it was running at decent graphical presets.

Gp1

I love the axe in this game.

Cut, stab and reach like a sword. (Ok, not that much on the reach part)

Wreck armor like a club.

KCD is one of those games that you have to use every ace on your sleeve.
One tip is use and abuse stealth assassination. Clear 2-3 bandit/cuman camps at night early on and you will have one hell of a "starting" equipment set.

Denton

Lovely looking main menu on one of the best monitors money can buy.
The current beta runs at native 4K on very high at around 60fps on 7800X3D and 4080. They still have rest of the year to optimize though.

KCD2.jpg

Burger

The current beta runs at native 4K on very high at around 60fps on 7800X3D and 4080. They still have rest of the year to optimize though.

We have that monitor at my work. We also have monitors that add a zero on the end of what that costs.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

KCD2.jpg
What makes that monitor so good? Just looks like a normal monitor.

LiquidMetal14

KCD2.jpg
Is there sign ups for that?

Denton

There's a beta?
Internal one, the information and photo was posted by Dan Vávra in his "I showcase my new home office and PC build" video.
We have that monitor at my work. We also have monitors that add a zero on the end of what that costs.
This is the monitor:

You have monitor at work that costs $32,000 ? Damn.
What makes that monitor so good? Just looks like a normal monitor.

It is for professional graphics use and contains integrated hardware color calibration tool.
Is there sign ups for that?
No, it is internal one. I doubt there will be any kind of public beta or early access.

Last edited:

Burger

You have monitor at work that costs $32,000 ? Damn.

Sony BVM X300 and X310. First one is oled, 2nd is some sort of dual layer LCD I think. Almost imperceptibly different. They cost a lot of dough but are incredibly accurate.

Denton

Sony BVM X300 and X310. First one is oled, 2nd is some sort of dual layer LCD I think. Almost imperceptibly different. They cost a lot of dough but are incredibly accurate.
I'd really like to see it in real life. For that money it better look better than life!

Burger

I'd really like to see it in real life. For that money it better look better than life!
It's not very exciting, just a large, heavy monitor. If you were in a dark room you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the Asus proart and the x300.

But, the x300 is near perfect sustained colour accuracy. Uniformity is about 100%. Much higher peak luminance. It's 4K (4096x2160) not UHD. It has SDI video inputs. It takes 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 and more video modes. Interlaced video signals. P3, XYZ, HLG, Rec709 and more.

If you are watching a high end feature (at home not in theatres) or TV show - it was finished on one of these screens. It's a 'reference' display.

Denton

Full interview with Warhorse CEO translated (by google and myself)

The presentation of Kingdom Come 2 was carried out in style, while the first game was presented less spectacularly. How do you feel about the transformation of Warhorse into the creator of the highly anticipated game?
Of course, being in the outsider position was nice. And this despite the fact that we sometimes had to face negative reactions from potential publishers who did not believe in such a project at the time. Now, on the contrary, we might slowly fear that we are burdened with very high expectations. Anyway, Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 is not a revolution, but an evolution. We took each stone and turned it over five times to see if something could be improved.
Do you see this change from an outside perspective as well, do you have feedback from your competitors in the gaming industry?
We also received a few congratulations from our competitors. That is surely pleasant. But again, let's not lie to ourselves that it's over. It isn't. We've shot a nice commercial so far. Patting ourselves on the back about how awesome we are is premature.
Six years have passed since the release of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. How has the Warhorse studio changed in that time?
We are trying to stick tooth and nail to "punk" with a totally flat structure, where there is a maximum of one person between the top management and anyone in the company. And even so, anyone can come to me or Martin Klíma (executive producer of Warhorse Studios, editor's note) to our office or write on Teams, which many people do. And sometimes with such incredible ease and immediacy they enter our office in the middle of a conversation. But it's still better than having some imaginary consultation hours.
But then again, it's not a complete all encompassing punk either, we have a number of standardized processes and, unlike when working on KCD1, quite a large department of producers. We have a quantitative and qualitative process in place for how an idea goes from birth to fruition, if it does at all, and then to alpha and beta. And so on. So, I say "punk", but I also mean a little corporate. With 250 people there, there just have to be rules.
How difficult was it to keep the development of KCD2 under wraps over the years?
Rather than being difficult, it was frustrating at times. It made it quite difficult for us to recruit people, because we couldn't simply say, "Come and work on KCD2 with us!" Instead, we demanded confidentiality during interviews. We made it a little more complicated for ourselves. But it made business sense for us to announce the game only at the moment when it is practically finished and entering certification.
You published the first game so to speak on your own, the second is being created under the game publisher Plaion from the Embracer group. What did it mean for the development of the game and the functioning of the company, did something have to change?
Fortunately, it didn't have to. The Warhorse acquisition took place at a time when Kingdom Come 2 was already decided upon and we had a clear concept. That Kingdom Come can continue and that it is actually a saga was already clear during our crowdfunding campaign in 2014. But at the same time, we always said that we would make KCD1 and then we would see. Without the success of the first game, there would be no KCD2. To put it simply, part of the deal was to become closed off hermits for a few years and work on KCD2. Transferable procedures and experiences between studies are actually quite rare in the group, and what distinguishes good games from mediocre ones is that they offer a great experience that you can't get anywhere else. And we have to program such an experience ourselves.
The just-mentioned parent group Embracer has been announcing significant changes and restructuring in recent days, and in recent months it has been going through quite a stormy development. Did that not affect you?
I dare say that we are a bit of a pearl in Embracer's portfolio of titles. It would make no sense to throttle the development of a product that is potentially materially important to the group.
For the first game, a development budget of around 400 million crowns was mentioned, plus some marketing costs. How much has Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2's budget increased?
I understand questions about the amount of investment rather as spreading an awareness that games are in the first league of the entertainment industry. In Czech business environment, there probably isn't a project – for example a film project – that would cost as much. On a global scale, I can imagine that for the price of Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2, a mid-budget Hollywood movie or even an entire Netflix series could be made. I understand that you are asking for a specific number, but I will stick with the fact that it is in high hundreds of millions of crowns.
Can you at least approximate the rate of budget increase?
The increase is significant, but beware, the world has changed a lot since 2018. A completely unexpected wave of inflation and other events swept past us, which in turn had an effect on the pace of work, i.e. a slowdown, resulting in an increase in costs. Today, you can't even build a family home for the same money as six years ago. It is what it is.
Kingdom Come 2 is supposed to be twice the size of the game, in addition to the budget, the studio has also grown. How much?
We will spend approximately ten thousand man-months on KCD2. About 130 people worked on KCD1 at its peak, while on KCD2 we currently have 250 people and I wouldn't be surprised if we grew a little more. And that's not counting the completely different level of outsourcing and testing costs. After all, at KCD1 we were criticized around release - quite rightly - that the game was full of bugs, so we're doing a lot of testing now.
How much of the original team remained in Warhorse? Did you manage to retain a high percentage of KCD1 developers?
Yes, we did. So it is not so much in terms of percentage, because we have grown significantly. Even if no one left the team after KCD1's creation, there would be around fifty percent of the people here from the first game. The reality is that there are about a third of those. Almost all the seniors of the KCD1 remained in Warhorse.**Now a question about the opposite development - what need for reinforcements did the creation of Kingdom Come 2 bring?**
In general, we were quite far off in the predictions of the number of people. We planned to have a maximum of 160 people, which is what we sized our offices for, after all. And we have almost a hundred more.
Where did you strengthen the team the most?
The increases went across all departments, but probably the most we underestimated at the beginning of work on the sequel was the size of the team of animators and graphic artists. But if you let the designers write hours and hours of cutscenes and let them imagine making an almost perfect digital replica of Kutná Hora, then you can't be surprised at such increases.
And what was the most challenging part of development?
Tell yourself enough is enough and stopping of adding more new stuff to the game all the time.
The first game set the bar at six million copies sold. What is the measure of success for KCD2?
Of course we have big aspirations. I've been at Warhorse Studios for eleven years and now "only" our second game is coming out. Everyone here leaves a piece of their life here, maybe a decade or more. How many such creative projects can one manage in a lifetime? What I mean by this is that for most people in Warhorse, the main measure of satisfaction is good player feedback. And of course, if the game is good, it will sell well. And that's great too.
The release of the game is planned for the end of the year. Are there any talks going on now about the future direction of Warhorse Studios?
It is clear that we are not going to break up at the end of this year. We'll be busy fixing bugs for a while, because the best testing in the world is nothing against hundreds of thousands of players, so there will definitely be some patches. Of course, we are full of ideas for new projects. I can reveal that we are actually a little further than the idea and we are already slowly starting the future project.

Denton

Interview with lead designer Viktor Bocan

Imagine it's the end of this year, to remind myself of the story I just finished the first Kingdom Come and started the second one. What will be the first, most obvious change I notice?

I think that the first thing that catches your eye is an even more vivid and real looking world. If anyone in Kingdom Come: Deliverance felt that the forests were almost real, now they should be able to almost mistake a walk in them for a video of actual trip. It's not just the graphics, although you'll definitely notice it first. It's about life, people you meet, animals. Our goal is not to show you the Middle Ages, but to take you there - and we are certainly one step further in achieving it.

How did the main character Henry change? In KCD, he's a bit of a nincompoop who turns into a competent fighter. What is he like in the sequel and how far will he go?

The second part directly follows on from the first, literally. At the end of KCD1, Henry mounts his horse and dismounts again at the beginning of number two, so exactly as you say, he is a competent fighter. We still want him to have room to grow, we keep saying he's not a God of War or the Chosen One, actually he's still a village boy, he just went through some difficult events. We tried to keep this "earthiness" in there as much as possible, but of course the new adventure is even bigger and wilder. But where exactly it goes is up to you.

What about the changes in gameplay mechanics?

Basically, every game system has some kind of improvement, unless it's a completely new system. For example, something didn't work out perfectly the first time, something was missed. We have greatly improved the dialogue system, both between the player and NPCs, and between NPCs themselves, to make the world even more colorful. We have significantly overhauled the controls. And of course there's the blacksmithing as a brand new feature.

You also mentioned that the combat system will change slightly…

We've been watching a lot of footage how people play our game, so maybe the changes in the combat system stem from that. I think the combat was good at its core, but ultimately a little less accessible than we imagined. By not fully getting into it, players could not fully appreciate it. In other words, we tried to make it easier for a basic understanding now, without taking away its depth. But KCD2 is still a direct sequel, so from the outside it's actually a similar game, but in everything you do here, there are improvements.

Daniel Vávra mentioned in the reveal of the game that KCD2 will realize the vision you wanted to have for the first game already. What does that mean, for example?

It's about all the little things I was talking about, the expansion of things that couldn't be done before. To give specific example, now each weapon in the combat system has its own animations, so the mace is really heavy and a bit clunky to swing, while the sword is nimble and agile. Or a much better system of random events that happen around you on your travels. It's just that when you make such a big game in a relatively small team, there are bound to be a lot of compromises and cuts. Now we could let our imaginations run wild a little more and push things a little further.

Kingdom Come 2 is supposed to be twice as large in its scale, Warhorse team size, probably budget as well, just bigger in every way. In which aspect has the game grown most significantly?

The most important thing is definitely the area. It actually affects everything: suddenly you have a bigger map, more settlements, it needs to be populated by more people and those people must have broader scope of actions. They also have to offer you as a player more, it wouldn't be very nice if there were ten villages in the region, but in only two you got a quest or experienced a story. But we tried not to overwhelm the players. We ourselves don't really like games where a huge world opens up in front of you, with eighty question marks on it, and you drive from one to the other and check off what you've already done like with a shopping list. We want to navigate the player through the world naturally: something is happening here, a person over there can solve it, go there and talk to him - and you go and you might encounter something else on the way, so the previous task will wait and so on. I think that's the main reason why the world is bigger. So that you can experience more events and stories naturally like this.

The first game already bet on the authentic Middle Ages, the second one will be no different. But has anything changed since? Have there been any new historical findings and adjustments compared to first game?

Kingdom Come, and this applies to both parts, is a historical game, but it is important to understand that history is mainly the backdrop here. We just wanted to take you to the Middle Ages, so there you go. But the goal is not to make you learn history of the Middle Ages, the goal is to let you experience an adventure in them. The game is as historically authentic as it can be within a narrative we are telling. And in this case, I think the first part was already where we wanted it, and the second part is the same. So no, sorry, no spiciness.

How did the success of KCD1 facilitate the development of the sequel? Well, apart from the aforementioned fact that you made money and could hire more developers. Has it opened new doors for you, made any part of your job easier?

The most important thing is that the success of the KCD1 has untied our hands. We knew what we wanted to do, but the publishers weren't sure because they hadn't seen anything like this before, so we had a hard time raising money for the game. And of course it is not easy to work in such a situation, because while you know that you are making a good game, you still have to wonder if others may be right and what if only a few weirdos like yourself will really like such a game. But that didn't happen, we have behind us a successful work that has sold six million copies, and that primarily means that our recipe works and there is interest in this kind of game.

The first part took place in smaller villages, in the countryside or perhaps in a monastery. You are now moving to a major city. What obstacles does this transformation bring?

Population density is certainly the biggest issue, especially because of how we approach the artificial intelligence of our virtual world's inhabitants and how much we want the people around you to feel real. This is very demanding both on creation and then on the performance of your computer or console. We have to realize that we are using an engine that beautifully depicts nature, but the original creators designed it for quite intimate shooters, where you will encounter a few enemies and a deer if you are lucky. So designing those systems to work for hundreds and thousands of people in a big city was extremely challenging.

In any case, we will still meet those deer. Kingdom Come 2 is divided into the Kutná Hora map and the Trosecko map with the nature of the Bohemian Paradise.

Yes, that's a good thing to point out. The game doesn't just take place in Kutná Hora, that is just one of the places you'll visit during the story. There is still a lot of nature, small settlements, solitudes, villages, castles, mills and dark corners. And next to that is a big city that lives its life during day and night, which in turn brings some possibilities and interesting situations.

Was creating Kutná Hora the most difficult part of the development process?

Definitely. It's a shame that there wasn't some epidemic that closed the city and you could only look at it from the outside!

Speaking of difficulty, what took you a disproportionate amount of time compared to how little the player will perceive it in the game?

This is such a complicated question, because perfection is made up of little things. If we feel that people won't perceive something in the game, we don't do it. But we think that even if you don't actually notice a system, you would notice a lot its absence. For example, we worked even more on combat physics: swords slide better on the enemy's armor, and when you cut through it, the sword just slides under it and rides, for example, on the ribs.

So it's not something you're going to look at and say, "Wow, it cut through two ribs and bounced off the third!" Ideally, you won't feel it, but you'll feel good about the fight. The cut animation will feel "right" to you, even if you can't name it. These small details, one could even say tidbits, are extremely important in how they make the whole believable. And they're basically in every system, every minigame, every game mechanic. Invisible, but it wouldn't work without them.

You have been creating the title for six years, has your vision undergone any significant changes during that time?

Actually no. We wanted to continue the story, so here it is.

And during those years, did you have any design idea that might have divided the team and there was no agreement on it for a long time?

When developing any more complex work, you have some overall vision and then a thousand of other small visions, little things, interesting things. The contradictions are the best thing about a joint creative work, so we definitely discussed a lot about many things, argued here and there, looked for a compromise here and there. That's a necessary part of a game this big, and I think it's the best thing for it, because if you don't doubt, it's easy to fall into self-delusion. Of course, I won't bring out any particular drama, but I really think that it's an important part of the development and it's good when there are disagreements. The result is even better.

Is there anything that doesn't make it into Kingdom Come 2 even though you really want to?

A real creative work is never finished and something could always be added, something improved, something done again differently. Being able to tell yourself "enough" is important in the life of the game, because then you would never finish developing the game either. So yes, sure, but not really.

On the other hand, what makes you the most happy that you managed to integrate into the game?

For myself, I am very satisfied with the animations. This is something that, especially with a photorealistic game, will never be perfect, because you're looking at people all your life, and any inaccuracy that's inevitable with a digital work will smack you in the eye. That's why so many developers cheat and make zombies or robots instead. I think we've come a long way here, the animations in combat, in the world, in cutscenes are a bit further developed. And in particular, the characters shine through more and the armor is even brighter or more shabby, the coats more real, the faces more real. Sure, I could talk about specific elements, for example I really enjoy firearms, but I'm most excited about the inhabited world and the people in it.

With domestic players, Kingdom Come scored also thanks to a large degree of locality. The forests looked Czech, it is Czech history, Czech names... The result was the support of tourism in Rataje, exhibitions inspired by the game and similar matters. Is that something you notice in Warhorse?

Certainly. Actually, at the very beginning, we were considering whether to make the story from here, or to play it safe and place the game somewhere in England, where everyone knows it or at least has seen it on TV. But then on the one hand we thought it would be good to show something from Czech history, and on the other hand it's also really practical, we can go to those places, have fun with the locals, call chroniclers and historians, walk around, soak up the atmosphere. Last but not least - who are we to invade a foreign culture and write a story about English people? Here, we know it, here we (somewhat) understand it, who else should show the beauty of the Czech landscape and Czech history than us?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
How hard would it have been to ask them why we haven't got a PS5 version of the original game, and if one will ever come? It would be a great way to generate interest in the sequel and also give players who never played the original a chance to play it properly.

Flabagast

How hard would it have been to ask them why we haven't got a PS5 version of the original game, and if one will ever come? It would be a great way to generate interest in the sequel and also give players who never played the original a chance to play it properly.
Actually the current PS4Pro version running on PS5 is not bad and perfectly playable. And it often is a looker.

Denton

This interview was not posted on a gaming site, I doubt they even know about details like which versions got which upgrades and what not.
In any case, Warhorse is all hands on deck for KCD2. If there was PS5 upgrade of the first game I think Deep Silver would have to greenlight it and assign Saber to it, like they did the switch version.

I finished the game like 12 hours ago

Nice, in time. I still want to do a replay before KCD2 comes, I hope they will announce release date during fauxE3 so I can schedule it.
Impressions? I did like the shots you posted on steam.

LiquidMetal14

This interview was not posted on a gaming site, I doubt they even know about details like which versions got which upgrades and what not.
In any case, Warhorse is all hands on deck for KCD2. If there was PS5 upgrade of the first game I think Deep Silver would have to greenlight it and assign Saber to it, like they did the switch version.

Nice, in time. I still want to do a replay before KCD2 comes, I hope they will announce release date during fauxE3 so I can schedule it.
Impressions? I did like the shots you posted on steam.
Solid 8.9 from me. It can be daunting at first but there's so much there. It's rich in the atmosphere and has a rewarding combat system you have to learn. Best game of it's type for me. I put it against anything Bethesda or open world midevil/fantasy. You can seperate the 2 if you want but only Witcher is on this level for me.

A lot of stuff to do, side missions are fun for me minus a few camp missions where you have to eliminate leaders but the world is so well realized that it's just a joy to explore.

I gave CP2077 a 7.5 and Phantom Liberty a solid 8.1. This is above that one for me but it's a different setting.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
With domestic players, Kingdom Come scored also thanks to a large degree of locality. The forests looked Czech, it is Czech history, Czech names... The result was the support of tourism in Rataje, exhibitions inspired by the game and similar matters. Is that something you notice in Warhorse?

Certainly. Actually, at the very beginning, we were considering whether to make the story from here, or to play it safe and place the game somewhere in England, where everyone knows it or at least has seen it on TV. But then on the one hand we thought it would be good to show something from Czech history, and on the other hand it's also really practical, we can go to those places, have fun with the locals, call chroniclers and historians, walk around, soak up the atmosphere. Last but not least - who are we to invade a foreign culture and write a story about English people? Here, we know it, here we (somewhat) understand it, who else should show the beauty of the Czech landscape and Czech history than us?

Nice diplomatic jab at the woke Ameritards who think they know European history better than the natives.

Top Bottom