• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami announces Metal Gear Survive (PS4/XB1/PC, $30, 2017)

How do you feel about the future of the Metal Gear franchise?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this is going to be the MGS equivelant of that Tomb Raider digital downloadable game.

But I haven't seen the trailer yet.

I actually want to kill myself right now. What the fuck does this have to do with Metal Gear? What is this Umbrella Corps bullshit? Why are there crystal monsters?

robotrock

Banned
wFpmmYG.png

hahahaha that V

Stranya

transported through wormholes into an alternate universe, where they’re forced to battle a force of crystalline zombies and, it seems, at least one Metal Gear itself.
Lmfao, just what MGS fans were crying out for.

Ein Bear

Set directly after the events of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Survive sees the members of Militaires Sans Frontières not killed in that game’s finale

Hmm okay, sounds like it might be cool...

transported through wormholes into an alternate universe, where they’re forced to battle a force of crystalline zombies and, it seems, at least one Metal Gear itself.

God damnit.

Protome

The moment Kojima lets go of Metal Gear, it turns into a generic online zombie shooter. FFS Konami.

Given the dumb zombie shit that was in MGSV with the survivors of MSF, I'd be willing to bet this was planned since early in MGSV's development.

Takao

Banned
Weren't they done with console gaming?

They're done making games that cost $80 million and take years to release. Annualized titles that cost next to nothing, though? For sure. This is like the MGS equivalent to Umbrella Corps, except not as bad (it can't be as bad).

Yukinari

Would have honestly preferred a MGS3 remake using the fox engine but i guess all the cool stuff is reserved for pachinko machines.

Leaked transcript of the meeting when this game was conceived:

Some team inside Konami: "We have this concept of a co-op zombie survivor game"
Higher ups at Konami: "Awesome! We'll sell it as a Metal Gear game! Get to it!"
Some team inside Konami: "But...this wouldn't really fit Me-"
Higher ups at Konami: "DID I FUCKING STUTTER?!"

I hate this.

Widge

Survive sees the members of Militaires Sans Frontières not killed in that game’s finale transported through wormholes into an alternate universe, where they’re forced to battle a force of crystalline zombies.

Just as I anticipated.

MattyG

Banned
Trailer didn't even look half bad, carefully intrigued.
No, I actually think it looks interesting, it's just that narratively it seems really out of place. Wormholes to the crystal zombie dimension have never really been a thing in the Metal Gear universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom