• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami spies new EyeToy sports game

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/06/28/news_6101496.html

U Move Super Sports will let European gamers simulate athletic action this fall.

European gamers are going to have to start working a lot harder while playing their video games. Konami announced today that it plans to release a new sports title for the PlayStation 2 that will be developed for use with Sony's EyeToy USB camera. The game, called U Move Super Sports, should hit European stores in September.

Built around 15 minigames, U Move Super Sports has players acting out the movements required on the screen in front of the PS2's camera. An example minigame, called Perfect Goal, involves having players line up to try to save goals during a penalty shoot-out in a soccer match. Other games include Hole in One, Yellow Card, and Rugby Crash, where players must physically tackle a rugby player.

Konami is also planning to release the game in Japan in July under the title EyeToy Sports. There is no word yet on whether the game will see a stateside release.

Solid

From Gamefront.

usports1.jpg

usports2.jpg

usports3.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Agreed - they do need to break out of the mold. Eyetoy:Antigrav by Harmonix looks like the first game set to do that but it would also be nice to start seeing games where Eyetoy control isn't the sole means of playing game but rather is a supplement to gamepad controls.

Belfast

Yeah, I want someone to break the mold. No more mini-games crap. Plus, the need to stop using the same retarded-looking people for simulated image press shots.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
kaching said:
Agreed - they do need to break out of the mold. Eyetoy:Antigrav by Harmonix looks like the first game set to do that but it would also be nice to start seeing games where Eyetoy control isn't the sole means of playing game but rather is a supplement to gamepad controls.

Wha, what is Eyetoy: Antigrav????? I've never heard of it!

Kiriku said:
Wha, what is Eyetoy: Antigrav????? I've never heard of it!

e3-2004-anti-grav-screens-200405101107859.jpg

From what i know, Its a racing/hoverboarding game on rails, where you control how the rider leans and ducks using your head and arms (you have to wear special gloves too IIRC). I had no idea it was being made by Harmonix though. That certainly piques my interest a bit since Amplitude kicked ass, but probably not enough to plunk down $40 on an Eyetoy.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Defensor said:
Konami, just port Police 911/911 pt.2 to the states already.

Yeah and that boxing game.... Me and the missus play all 3 of these games whenever we go to Dave & Busters...

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
You know, the second they start getting creative with the EyeToy instead of these simplistic "hit object with body" minigames I'd be interested. I love the EyeToy phenomenom (thank you internet cameras of the late 90's) but I want developers to actually put some effort in designing these games instead of recycling Eyetoy tech demo #35.

belgurdo

Banned
About the only ET game I've seen so far that isn't some variation of "tap stuff on the screen" is that Sonic special stage game. Where's teh innovation?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Ninja Scooter said:
e3-2004-anti-grav-screens-200405101107859.jpg

From what i know, Its a racing/hoverboarding game on rails, where you control how the rider leans and ducks using your head and arms (you have to wear special gloves too IIRC). I had no idea it was being made by Harmonix though. That certainly piques my interest a bit since Amplitude kicked ass, but probably not enough to plunk down $40 on an Eyetoy.

Wow, actually seems like an interesting Eyetoy idea for a change. And Harmonix is a plus...even though I was hoping for a music game using Eyetoy.

Top Bottom