• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) appearing in Project Treasure for Wii U?

Yazuka

As I said in the other thread. I'm happy that so many people are getting hyped because of KOS-MOS. It's certainly what turned my interest around for the game.

Yazuka

The mask really bothers me. It feels familiar.

I know its not a Bamco IP, but the first thing I thought of was Akira from Rival Schools.
akira-standing.jpg

Oregano

I'm not convinced but it would definitely explain why Harada specifically said he couldn't reveal the name of the game.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Not that much a fan of the character but the main reason being I was hoping that this is more of an original game not another crossover game. Granted she could be the only one from a previous game.
If gaf havent yet find out if the other 3 characters are anybody else, then KOS-MOS would most ceraily be the link/spawn of this game.
If Verandus or whatever his name is on GAF says truth, its already in the works. Hard to believe though, cause he also says a new Suikoden is coming out too.
Do you have a link to the post?
Well... now I need to know more about this.

image.php

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If gaf havent yet find out if the other 3 characters are anybody else, then KOS-MOS would most ceraily be the link/spawn of this game.

I've seen people say one of the other characters might be Hikasa from Attack on Titan(dunno much about AoT anyway) but I dunno.

KOS-MOS seems to be the only one that is glaringly obvious at this point.

Xenoblade Chronicles X will be finished in April. Monolithsoft has to work on something next, right? Right?

Yeah, not to mention that Monster Games is doing Xenoblade 3D, god damn that's unbelievable that a small team in Minnesota who made racing games is now porting a fucking massive JRPG that is one of if not the best RPGs last gen.

As for Monolith, I do hope they are knee deep in their next big epic. Xenosaga Ep 4 for Wii U would certainly do the trick. I just hope it's not Xenoblade 3, they don't need to become a Xenoblade factory.

Or even do a legit new IP like the said X was going to be prior to Jan 2013. Why did they say that and then turn around and make it a sequel to Xenoblade? I hope they change it up, go for a more classic easy-going turn-based JRPG.

Vena

Yeah, not to mention that Monster Games is doing Xenoblade 3D, god damn that's unbelievable that a small team in Minnesota who made racing games is now porting a fucking massive JRPG that is one of if not the best RPGs last gen.

Given the usual modus operandi with Nintendo, I have a suspicion that Monster Games may soon come under NoA or make a move like NLG and fall under the Nintendo umbrella. Its a nice small studio that has done well for them in the past, much like NLG did, so it would be a fairly easy and, probably, good pick up.

As for Monolith, I do hope they are knee deep in their next big epic. Xenosaga Ep 4 for Wii U would certainly do the trick. I just hope it's not Xenoblade 3, they don't need to become a Xenoblade factory.

They may well do a Xenosaga HD... /believe

Given the usual modus operandi with Nintendo, I have a suspicion that Monster Games may soon come under NoA or make a move like NLG and fall under the Nintendo umbrella. Its a nice small studio that has done well for them in the past, much like NLG did, so it would be a fairly easy and, probably, good pick up.

Well technically both Monster and NLG are still 3rd-party, but only NLG have publicly declared exclusivity for they're articitally 2nd-party; exclusive but without a contract (or is there?) or partial ownership (like Nintendo owned 49% of Rare, 51% and over is 1st-party).

Monster on the other hand has had ZERO publicity, so we don't know if it's by choice or contracted or anything. We can only assume.

They may well do a Xenosaga HD... /believe

Oh that I'm begging for, I would just think it'd be a minor involvement while Hexadrive and Digitalscape do the coding like with Wind Waker HD.

Edit: Oh I thought you said XenoBLADE HD. XD I still want Xenosaga HD as much also. XD

Vena

Well technically both Monster and NLG are still 3rd-party, but only NLG have publicly declared exclusivity for they're articitally 2nd-party; exclusive but without a contract (or is there?) or partial ownership (like Nintendo owned 49% of Rare, 51% and over is 1st-party).

Monster on the other hand has had ZERO publicity, so we don't know if it's by choice or contracted or anything. We can only assume.

My guess, just looking at how NLG has gone, is that given a few more ventures and successes/approvals from the big wigs they're going to find themselves as part of Nintendo.

Monster, on the flip, has been displaying talent outside of their usual foray and Nintendo is obviously aware of and using them to that end. What will become of them is unknown as they've not yet put out a big hit, new title for themselves.

TheMoon

Or even do a legit new IP like the said X was going to be prior to Jan 2013. Why did they say that and then turn around and make it a sequel to Xenoblade? I hope they change it up, go for a more classic easy-going turn-based JRPG.

XenobladeX is not a sequel to Xenoblade. They're just cashing in on the name.

mclem

Well, I'm not sure about that. Certainly they've not revealed a link to Xenoblade, but that's not the same thing.

Way back when it was first revealed, right at the end of the trailer, there was a brief glimpse of a character who looked a lot like Shulk, which might suggest that there is, in fact, a link. Or, of course, that's something that might have been quietly removed since then, since I don't think they ever elaborated on that character.

QBDOhdX.jpg

I wouldn't assume there's no link. There may yet be no link, it's true, but I wouldn't assume it.

TheMoon

Well, I'm not sure about that. Certainly they've not revealed a link to Xenoblade, but that's not the same thing.

Way back when it was first revealed, right at the end of the trailer, there was a brief glimpse of a character who looked a lot like Shulk, which might suggest that there is, in fact, a link. Or, of course, that's something that might have been quietly removed since then, since I don't think they ever elaborated on that character.

QBDOhdX.jpg

I wouldn't assume there's no link. There may yet be no link, it's true, but I wouldn't assume it.

Takahashi said so himself. You should follow the XenobladeX twitter update thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147539984&postcount=557

Forkball

I can see this being some crazy ass loot dungeon crawler based on random IPs. "Dude I just got the +4 Drill from Dig Dug."

but all the "traps/treasure tracking" part seems different from AR.

The way he described it kind of made me think of a co-op dungeon crawler or beat em up.

I also wouldn't really be surprised if it turned out that isn't supposed to be KOS-MOS at all and is just a coincidentally similar vaguely anime-ish female.

Yazuka

I think the green necklace we are seeing is some kind of prison collar. Go out of line or something like that and you'll get shocked. Or something that is measuring your health? Just getting that kind of vibe from it.

TheMoon

The way he described it kind of made me think of a co-op dungeon crawler or beat em up.

I also wouldn't really be surprised if it turned out that isn't supposed to be KOS-MOS at all and is just a coincidentally similar vaguely anime-ish female.

the thing on the cheek is a dead giveaway though. it's not even about the hair or anything but that metal thingy.

mclem

Takahashi said so himself. You should follow the XenobladeX twitter update thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147539984&postcount=557

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. That could concievably mean same-world-but-not-continuing-the-direct-storyline, I guess. I'm still trying to reconcile the Shulk image!

Maybe they did just ditch that avenue.

the thing on the cheek is a dead giveaway though. it's not even about the hair or anything but that metal thingy.
It's concievable that it's an image of KOS-MOS as placeholder to convey the style while the characters haven't been developed yet. I don't *think* that's the case, but I have to say it's concievable!

TheMoon

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. That could concievably mean same-world-but-not-continuing-the-direct-storyline, I guess. I'm still trying to reconcile the Shulk image!

Maybe they did just ditch that avenue.

Takahashi is a tease. He puts references to his other games into new games he's working on all the time. Similar looks, names, etc. That Shulk image means very little other than that you can maybe create a lookalike in the character editor or now with the Shulk amiibo, you might get a unique Monado weapon + outfit out of it. But it's time to let go of those "same world, continued story!" theories and move on.

wrowa

It would be quite hilarious if the big 3rd party announcement turns out to be "just" one of Monolith's collaborations with Namco. :p

Of course it is. Sequel doesn't mean that it has to be a continuation of the story (see: Final Fantasy). Xenoblade X featuring pretty much the same gameplay as Xenoblade is absolutely enough to make it a true sequel. Takahashi didn't say that it isn't a sequel either - he said that it's not a sequel to the original's story.

RPGCrazied

Do you have a link to the post?

image.php

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=957715&page=4

I think he has done this before with rumors, so who knows if he speaks truth or not.

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

2. Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game this time.

3. New Virtua Fighter game to come.

4. Good news for some PC MGS fans, there are plans from the top to bring the HD collection to PC. Not that anyone isn't expecting that, I'm sure.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Now for more something which is what you would say is a tease but actually makes perfect sense:

11. A new game which will be a pretty big deal, I'm sure.

12. An old game, which will be somewhat of a big deal I guess.

We should have news on all of the above over the coming 2 years I'd think. There's one or two "twists" here and there where one may not like what happens, but it's all true. I honestly think this is going to be an amazing generation.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So they may be including Namco characters from different games. He's going to sneak in Iori from iDOLM@STER isn't he.

mclem

Takahashi is a tease. He puts references to his other games into new games he's working on all the time. Similar looks, names, etc. That Shulk image means very little other than that you can maybe create a lookalike in the character editor or now with the Shulk amiibo, you might get a unique Monado weapon + outfit out of it. But it's time to let go of those "same world, continued story!" theories and move on.

Making it the final image of the trailer seems oddly high-profile for either of those suggestions. But maybe you're right.

Top Bottom