• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Next Assassin's Creed codenamed "Empires"; set in Egypt, coming 2017

Lucreto

I never want to "become" an assassin again. Jacob and Evie already being assassins and at least a generation in that was a nice change of pace. We've seen enough origin stories.

I am the opposite, I love the tellING of the life story of the Assassin. It is why the Ezio Trilogy is my favourite.

I love Syndicate but the lack of present day stuff and you don't see the origins of why the twins became Assassin's are a downside to the game.

I never want to "become" an assassin again. Jacob and Evie already being assassins and at least a generation in that was a nice change of pace. We've seen enough origin stories.

I think this was one of the biggest flaws for AC3. While they add to charactaer development, they just take time from you actually playing and enjoying the game. We had instead a good chunk of time playing as Haytham, a good chunk of time making Connor an assassin and THEN we finally had the chance, 6 sequences or so later, to play as an adult Connor finally doing stuff.

I mean seriously, I just wanted to play as Connor and had to do 5 hours of other stuff before getting to it.

I am the opposite, I love the tellING of the life story of the Assassin. It is why the Ezio Trilogy is my favourite.

I love Syndicate but the lack of present day stuff and you don't see the origins of why the twins became Assassin's are a downside to the game.

You don't truly need those in order though. I mean, Ubi could play it smart, put you as an Assassin directly in game or finishing training or just like Altaïr, who was demoted and had to earn the reputation back. And then play Memories, "Corrupted Sequences" or stuff like in AC:B with Ezio's love interest, instead explaining poarts of the early life of your protagonist.

The good thing about this saga is that the Animus lets you do this stuff in any way you want, really.

m4st4

I have a feeling we'll be able to create/choose our assassin at the beginning, male or female. Unnamed slave rising up, it'd be perfect and certainly not a downgrade after Syndicate's liberty (to a certain extent, but I preferred and played with Evie anyway).

TimFL

I have no interest in another AC that is SP only. The next AC I get is the AC that has the Co-Op feature added again.

It's cringeworthy how they hyped the co-op/connected experience for ACU and said it's the future (and then suddenly just scratched it in the next title).

I lose interest in SP AC titles the second I start them. The only reason I finished the ACU story is for the upgrades.

People saying that they hate Unity but love Syndicate are fascinating to me, I really would like to know what are those huge changes between the two games.

cackhyena

Lack of present day stuff and no bullshit origin? You just sold me on Syndicate.

I don't know. I fucking love origin stories. I usually always prefer the first game in any series to the ones that come out after purely due to this fact.

(AC1 is still my favorite AC game.)

Squire

Banned
I think this was one of the biggest flaws for AC3. While they add to charactaer development, they just take time from you actually playing and enjoying the game. We had instead a good chunk of time playing as Haytham, a good chunk of time making Connor an assassin and THEN we finally had the chance, 6 sequences or so later, to play as an adult Connor finally doing stuff.

I mean seriously, I just wanted to play as Connor and had to do 5 hours of other stuff before getting to it.

You don't truly need those in order though. I mean, Ubi could play it smart, put you as an Assassin directly in game or finishing training or just like Altaïr, who was demoted and had to earn the reputation back. And then play Memories, "Corrupted Sequences" or stuff like in AC:B with Ezio's love interest, instead explaining poarts of the early life of your protagonist.

The good thing about this saga is that the Animus lets you do this stuff in any way you want, really.

When it comes down to it, I just don't think you need to see an origin story to have compelling character development. I'd rather come into the life of a character as its already in progress and empathize with whatever the current struggle is.

I have no interest in another AC that is SP only. The next AC I get is the AC that has the Co-Op feature added again.

It's cringeworthy how they hyped the co-op/connected experience for ACU and said it's the future (and then suddenly just scratched it in the next title).

I lose interest in SP AC titles the second I start them. The only reason I finished the ACU story is for the upgrades.

Not that shocking a feature that from Unity that probably a ton of work to do was dropped, considering that games reputation. I could see why you'd miss it though. Co-op for the missions in Shndicate where Evie and Jacob are both present would've been incredibly fun.

Lack of present day stuff and no bullshit origin? You just sold me on Syndicate.

It's like 95% no bullshit gameplay either. It's really fun. I'm still playing it, much to my own surprise.

There is no lack of present day, you need to collect all the animus glitch. There is audio files.

In AC4 audio files can let you see what ubi devloppers wants for an AC during world war 2 and this is awesome.

People saying that they hate Unity but love Syndicate are fascinating to me, I really would like to know what are those huge changes between the two games.

Less bugs
More fun in term of story (like Black flag)
Music vibe are like Jesper Kyd in Ezio trilogy (by Wintory)
London is great (as Paris but without interior of monuments =( )
The ambiance is great (like all AC), just walk in London and you will see many details.

For example, i was walking with my gang (gang of new york style) with Evie and i saw a little girl silently approaching a man to pickpocket, she take the money and then run AND THAT'S start the side quest to stop her. In Unity, side-quest in city "popped". In Syndicate if you walk you can see the origins of those events.

And the citizens in syndicate are doing much more stuff than walking or working on industry.

I entered a train yesterday and i was amazed that each wagon was for "one class". The upper, the lower, the middle, the restaurant class, the administration class...

In each AC there is an amount of details but no one wants to see that and they saw the glitch face =(

Less bugs
More fun in term of story (like Black flag)
Music vibe are like Jesper Kyd in Ezio trilogy (by Wintory)
London is great (as Paris but without interior of monuments =( )
The ambiance is great (like all AC), just walk in London and you will see many details.

For example, i was walking with my gang (gang of new york style) with Evie and i saw a little girl silently approaching a man to pickpocket, she take the money and then run AND THAT'S start the side quest to stop her. In Unity, side-quest in city "popped". In Syndicate if you walk you can see the origins of those events.

And the citizens in syndicate are doing much more stuff than walking or working on industry.

I entered a train yesterday and i was amazed that each wagon was for "one class". The upper, the lower, the middle, the restaurant class, the administration class...

In each AC there is an amount of details but no one wants to see that and they saw the glitch face =(

I can understand preferring Syndicate over Unity for those reason, but loving one while hating the other is something I can't really comprehend, they're not that different.

I can understand preferring Syndicate over Unity for those reason, but loving one while hating the other is something I can't really comprehend, they're not that different.

They polished the game and there is many things that better than Unity.

It's like AC2 ---> AC2B.
A little example: the map. The map is more clear in syndicate.
In Unity it was horrible all of those icon.

I'm updating this thread because I don't want to make a new thread with this (given the source) but an auto-proclaimed Ubisoft developer supposedly went on 4chan to dismiss the rumors stating there wouldn't be an Assassin's Creed in 2016.

We already have an Assassin's Creed game 40% ready in development that's due to 2016 release. Exact release date has not been decided. We still have a lot to do. This AC game will be set in Rome, Antioch and many other explorable locations, where we play in the footsteps of Marcus Junius Brutus. The game is set between 68BC and 49BC. Events include the fall of Seleucid Empire, the assassination of Aretas III, Lutatius Catulus, Battle of Pistoria and so many more.
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/323131890/#q323131890

It's a fun read.

I'm updating this thread because I don't want to make a new thread with this (given the source) but an auto-proclaimed Ubisoft developer supposedly went on 4chan to dismiss the rumors stating there wouldn't be an Assassin's Creed in 2016.

It's a fun read.

A dumb read.

So many red flags. Like "A totally new engine", not happening. Anvils going nowhere.

Or the Shroud of Eden being centerpiece to the story, which just seems unlikely... It's been in development " 5 years" but they wanted to "get a setting that links with the modern day sections". Keeping in mind that the SoE was only featured in Syndicate.

Someone played Syndicate, thought the Shroud was cool, and thinks the next game will be centered around it.

There's just nothing to indicate such a game is in development... Egypt was hinted in Black Flag, at least.

It's a fun read.

I think it was already in the thread some days ago and it's still so stupid. 40% of the game completed after 5 years and it will release this year? That would be incredibly dumb.

Top Bottom