• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotobukiya's Red with Pikachu (Pokemon) PVC Figure Now Available For Pre-order!

chrono01

mO8Jzow.jpg

Price: 7,140 Yen
Release Date: November 2016 (Tentative)
AmiAmi

Needless to say, I immediately pre-ordered. I love the way this turned out, it really resembles Ken Sugimori's artwork.

Edit:

I'll add other online stores that are offering this figure, as well as their prices. I'd recommend AmiAmi personally, although all three stores are great. If later cancellation is important to you, use HLJ instead.

Hobby Search
Price: 7,650 Yen

Hobby Link Japan
Price: 8,075 Yen

If I'm going to buy something like a figure or something I'm going to display I really only like to get one or two items from a franchise. This looks like the perfect figure for me since I don't really have anything Pokemon related anymore but Red and Blue are still the only games I went full force into.

chrono01

Beautiful sculpt, but what's with the lightning whiskers on Pikachu? Wish those were removable.
The figure is based off of this illustration.

UcZgX8z.png

Granted, the final release might have the electric whiskers as being removable, I wouldn't count on it though. Personally, I love the look of it. It makes Pikachu look even more like the "electric rodent", he's supposed to be. Also, it's dynamic.

Oh! A little more information on the figure. Apparently, it won't be released in the US, through Kotobukiya's US store or other retailers. It's probably a licensing thing, so if you really want this figure, you might want to think about importing it from Japan instead.

Also, in-regards to the size, it's 1/8 scale, and mentioned as being 18.5cm tall. That's pretty decent, given the price. I can't wait to pair him up with the May figure Kotobukiya already has planned. No release date information on her yet, though. No sculpt even, so it'll be a while longer.

Doesn't look like any of the iterations of Red that I can recall. I guess it'd be a badass design to use for the character if they ever reuse him in future games as an NPC. Best Pikachu tho.

Meesh

Whoa...
I'm not even really a Pokemon lover and I can see how great this figure is! Nicely done.

Top Bottom