• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga ARTPOP |OT| It could mean anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

I'm slowly recovering things from my old laptop to the new laptop, so apologies if all my OT duties have been neglected.

But yes I am very hype, if not slightly concerned with how quickly the tour seems to be coming.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
She slayed on Alan Carr tonight

I burned through this album really quickly on release and put it down for a bit, but now I'm finding myself returning to it daily. Dem hooks are in my mind.

Any one else finding it in heavy rotation still?

Wow, Christina is looking fit. When did that happen?

Yeah I've been alternating between this and Beyonce constantly. Such a great year for pop.

Venus, Do What U Want, GUY, Applause, and Gypsy are getting the most use.

Phreaker

I burned through this album really quickly on release and put it down for a bit, but now I'm finding myself returning to it daily. Dem hooks are in my mind.

Any one else finding it in heavy rotation still?

Yes, I even listen to Fashion! which I was not a big fan of when it came out. I still skip Dope and sometimes Jewels & Drugs, but I listen to the album at least a couple times a week.

I also loved her performance with Xtina. Do we know when a video is coming out next and for what song? Is she still releasing Venus as a single, and is she still planning a video for it?

Goldenhen

Happy New Year Little Monsters !!

Here is the link to audio of Do What U Want (feat. Christina Aguilera)

iTunes Purchase

This version is much better than R.Kelly.

451.gif

Full credit goes to James aka Haus from GGD.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Where the effing eff is the music video for Do What U Want? Is she really not making one? Making me mad here....

She scrapped it when it was done and reworked on it because before she only had a week to come up with a concept and film I think.

Nemesis_

Damn you all, I was slowly working in this thread and was gonna bump it when I had it updated. You couldn't all just forget, could you!

much like Gaga forgot about the album

Sydle

Still finding myself listening to this album daily. Listening to Fashion! right now : )

I wonder what the next single will be...

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ibmL3f0QxCjgaR.gif

23rd Sep - Antwerp, BE Antwerp Sportpaleis (On sale February 8th)
24th Sep - Amsterdam, NL Ziggo Dome (On sale February 8th)
27th Sep - Herning, DK Jyske Bank Boxen (On sale February 8th)
29th Sep - Oslo, NO Telenor Arena (On sale February 17th)
30th Sep - Stockholm, SW Ericsson Globe (On sale February 14th)

03rd Oct - Hamburg, DE O2 World (On sale February 14th)
05th Oct - Prague, CZ O2 (On sale February 17th)
07th Oct - Koln, DE Lanxess Arena (On sale February 14th)
09th Oct - Berlin, DE O2 World (On sale February 14th)
30th Oct - Paris, FR Zenith (On sale February 10th)
31st Oct - Paris, FR Zenith (On sale February 10th)

15th October - Birmingham, NIA
19th October - Glasgow, SEE Hydro
21st October - Manchester, Phones 4U Arena
23rd October - London's O2 Arena

02-Nov - Vienna, AU Wiener Stadthalle (On sale February 17th)
04-Nov - Milan, IT Forum (On sale February 14th)
06-Nov - Zurich, CH Hallenstadion (On sale February 17th)
08-Nov - Barcelona, ES Palau Sant Jordi (On sale February 14th)
10-Nov - Lisbon, PT MEO Arena (On sale February 17th)

ibgtJnr9SnMZZb.gif

Matt_

Oooh they don't go on sale for a couple of weeks, gives me time to find people to go

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
She is not coming to Dublin? :O

This will be the first time she doesn't for one of her tours. She did multiple dates in Dublin on other tours. How disappointing. I guess there are really cutbacks.

G0523

crazy how we never got a video from Do What U Want. I guess it got shelved permanently.

I think it's still coming even though it's pretty late by now. Remember, Venus was supposed to be the second single, not Do What U Want, so they had to change around their plans. They just need to plan better next time.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Australian Tour Dates:

August 20 – Perth Arena, Perth
August 23 – Rod Laver Arena, Melbroune
August 26 – Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
August 30 – Allphones arena, Sydney

Nemesis_

Australian Tour Dates:

August 20 – Perth Arena, Perth
August 23 – Rod Laver Arena, Melbroune
August 26 – Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
August 30 – Allphones arena, Sydney

Exciting for sure, but it's weird how much of a downgrade this tour appears to be. The optimist in me says it's because she doesn't want to push herself too hard (she played two dates every city last time she came, and five to six in Melbourne) but the pessimist says it's because of OBVIOUS reasons .____________.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Man, I just watched some of her SXSW show. She doesn't give one single fuck. I sort of love it, and now I'm even more excited to see her on 4/7.

Sydle

The SXSW stuff was a big turn off for me. I've been a fan of hers since the beginning, and I've listened to ArtPop nearly every day since release (I really like it), but her attention-whoring crossed a line.

She's very talented, but as of now I want to see her fall, flounder for a bit, and learn to take a different route with her performances.

The SXSW stuff was a big turn off for me. I've been a fan of hers since the beginning, and I've listened to ArtPop nearly every day since release (I really like it), but her attention-whoring crossed a line.

She's very talented, but as of now I want to see her fall, flounder for a bit, and learn to take a different route with her performances.

Going from Fame Monster to Born this Way was her fall. Since the mediocre reception to Born This Way, she's been relentlessly trying to recapture the pop idol status she claimed during the Fame Monster era, but the new direction she has gone in isn't working. And I don't think her vomit art will send her back to the top. Not in this generation anyway.

Yado

She's basically said she would rather fail than be unhappy doing something she doesn't want to.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Is it really attention whoring this era since she's been consistently focusing on various forms of performance art? Sure, it hasn't gone over well, but it's not like she tried to pull the vomit thing in the middle of her Fame Monster era or BTW era. That would have seemed out of place and like an attention-seeking stunt. This, as gross as it is IMO, sort of fits with what she's been up to...

Matt_

She's basically said she would rather fail than be unhappy doing something she doesn't want to.

I'd much rather she flop and be happy than push herself in a direction she doesn't want to go in.
That being said, she hasn't seemed particularly happy much recently

royalan

I'd much rather she flop and be happy than push herself in a direction she doesn't want to go in.
That being said, she hasn't seemed particularly happy much recently

This pretty much. For all the talk about having the "right" people around, Gaga has never seemed more miserable, more angry. That's what I take away from the set last night, the anger. Cursing at her fans, cursing at the industry, the violent nature of it all. Gaga is not in a good place mentally or emotionally, and it's fucking palpable.

Maybe I'm biased because they were my favorite albums, and maybe she's just damn good at pretending, but Gaga seemed to be in a MUCH better place in her debut and TFM eras. She looked good, the music was catchy and line, she had a fun energy in interviews that was infectious because it seemed so genuine.

If you hear her tell the story, those were the "fake" years, but from where I'm sitting maybe she could learn something from them. Ever since Born This Way everything she does gets more and more sloppy, more dark and violent, more labored. And if anything it seems to be weighing her down more than servicing some greater point that anyone gives a shit about.

Subaru

This pretty much. For all the talk about having the "right" people around, Gaga has never seemed more miserable, more angry. That's what I take away from the set last night, the anger. Cursing at her fans, cursing at the industry, the violent nature of it all. Gaga is not in a good place mentally or emotionally, and it's fucking palpable.

Maybe I'm biased because they were my favorite albums, and maybe she's just damn good at pretending, but Gaga seemed to be in a MUCH better place in her debut and TFM eras. She looked good, the music was catchy and line, she had a fun energy in interviews that was infectious because it seemed so genuine.

If you hear her tell the story, those were the "fake" years, but from where I'm sitting maybe she could learn something from them. Ever since Born This Way everything she does gets more and more sloppy, more dark and violent, more labored. And if anything it seems to be weighing her down more than servicing some greater point that anyone gives a shit about.

But when you are starting in an industry, you "accept" doing what you don't want. I guess after TFM she thought that she would have freedom and do what she wants, but it's the opposite because there's so much pressure from the industry.

I think she's trying to balance things, half what "they want", half "she wants". It's BIZARRE that she performed in a concert and didn't sing Venus and DWYW.

Lol girl no

Her interviews have always been painful and awkward up until the ARTPOP era; the music has more specific references than before but it's always been catchy, and still is. She started out doing what she wanted and she still is.

The only thing that's different is that your tastes are different from hers now. She evolved and you didn't. And that's the only bottom line.

royalan

Lol girl no

Her interviews have always been painful and awkward up until the ARTPOP era; the music has more specific references than before but it's always been catchy, and still is. She started out doing what she wanted and she still is.

The only thing that's different is that your tastes are different from hers now. She evolved and you didn't. And that's the only bottom line.

Excuse you sis?

Gaga has been pushing the same grungey, latex, underwear haven't-showered-in-a-week presence since the second half of The Fame Monster. Her whole problem is she's not evolving. She's having a meltdown.

I'm not expecting Gaga to regurgitate The Fame until the end of time, but it's hard NOT to be disappointed in her these days. The energy, the presence, the showmanship she captured back then is so clearly gone. More than just the vomit, that entire set was uncomfortable to watch. Forgetting the lyrics, not singing half of the songs, vocals on E, screaming at her fans...it was a train wreck. And it's sad, because you well know I actually REALLY LIKE ARTPOP as an album.

And by the way, Gaga's early interviews are more flawless than anything she's done in the last few years. She's just gross.

Sydle

Excuse you sis?

Gaga has been pushing the same grungey, latex, underwear haven't-showered-in-a-week presence since the second half of The Fame Monster. Her whole problem is she's not evolving. She's having a meltdown.

I'm not expecting Gaga to regurgitate The Fame until the end of time, but it's hard NOT to be disappointed in her these days. The energy, the presence, the showmanship she captured back then is so clearly gone. More than just the vomit, that entire set was uncomfortable to watch. Forgetting the lyrics, not singing half of the songs, vocals on E, screaming at her fans...it was a train wreck. And it's sad, because you well know I actually REALLY LIKE ARTPOP as an album.

And by the way, Gaga's early interviews are more flawless than anything she's done in the last few years.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxHTtNWdAns She's just gross.

This is the Gaga I miss. Seems like she needs to get off the internet and stop reading what all the critics are saying about her. I think when they convey disapproval she just tries to push them even more.

I really like ArtPop as well, one of the most fun pop albums in a long time. It's really too bad about her attitude.

Potts

Neo Member
I'm not expecting Gaga to regurgitate The Fame until the end of time, but it's hard NOT to be disappointed in her these days. The energy, the presence, the showmanship she captured back then is so clearly gone..

I just sort of stumbled into this thread as I'm not much of a Lady Gaga fan, but I see where you're coming from. Even from a non-fan's perspective, she seemed like such a badass a couple years ago but now seems really pretentious and a bit too "arty". Her mystique is gone too. She seemed like such a tough, dark, and creative person but now sounds like she's trying too hard. She was such an interesting figure, now not so much.

Matt_

She's on the today show this morning, so tune into nbc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom