• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

20% off sets at LEGO stores (not on S@H):

7288 Mobile Police Unit
7498 Police Station
7869 Battle for Geonosis
7879 Hoth Echo Base
10223 Kingdoms Joust

ghostmind

What are the odds we will see reprints of earlier UCS Lego sets (like the massive Falcon or the snow speeder)? With Disney now holding the Star Wars license I wonder if they will push for this to take in the $$$, unless the Lego deal doesn't have any sales money going to Lucasarts, just the licensing fee. I so want some of the earlier UCS sets.

I think we are all hoping for a reissue of the UCS Falcon.

They haven't done it before, but there is a rumor that we will see a new UCS X-wing in 2013. Time will tell...

Great OP. Damn I wish I lived in America and got Lego that cheap. Alas I make do with the Aussie prices and enjoy my Star Wars ships.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Just made my first ever purchase from Bricklink for my Cafe Corner build. I got 36 lots containing 167 pieces for $42. So far I have spent $250 on pieces and have 32 lots to go. I figure I will have another $200 in it before I have all the pieces to complete it.

suaveric

Finally got my storage and sorted all my pick a brick pieces. This is mostly parts to Cafe Corner. Still need to purchase black and rare red pieces.

8211458822_9eec45b728_c.jpg

Also my wife allowed me to purchase Mini Modulars for the sales price. Woot!

Whete did you get those containers?

Bone - might I suggest highlighting a Friends set in the OP?

I'd wager a fair number of viewers here have occasion to buy for girls & it's easy to dismiss the theme. The Butterfly Beauty Shop, Olivia's House and the Cafe are all super designs.

Falch

I usually check hetdeensesteentje.nl, legohuis.nl and brickstore.nl if I want to get a set. They don't do much discount on exclusives, but they're very good with regular sets. It's just that they hardly restock.

I also check http://www.brickset.com/buy/amazon/ for good deals. There's free shipping to NL from amazon.co.uk and amazon.de if you spend over 20 GBP/EUR.

Thanks, hadn't bothered to look into amazon yet.

What are the odds we will see reprints of earlier UCS Lego sets (like the massive Falcon or the snow speeder)? With Disney now holding the Star Wars license I wonder if they will push for this to take in the $$$, unless the Lego deal doesn't have any sales money going to Lucasarts, just the licensing fee. I so want some of the earlier UCS sets.

Disney has no say in what sets are made. And licensing deals vary and are sometimes just a lump one time sum and not a profit sharing venture

judhudson

Got my Monster Fighters Vamprye Castle. Had to pay full price for it...Target had it online for $84...but sold out online, and they had a policy for price matching their website this week...

mrkgoo

I was just given a LEgot Star WArs Jabba's palace. I was looking at it longingly, because the Jabba set piece was a favourite toy I always wanted as a kid.

I tend to find Lego kind of expensive, and the licensed ones even more so... so I don't really buy them myself.

WOO HOO! Maersk and Diagon Alley were delivered today. Lots of building this weekend.

Sadly, the box for the holiday set was crushed by the weight of awesome by Maersk and Diagon Alley. Doesn't matter. Not like I will ever resell it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So my B&N had a B1G1 50% off on all toys today...including LEGO!

Using my membership discount and the 30% off coupon with this spectacular deal, I picked up two sets I've been waiting on for a while now:
  • UFO Abduction ($10)
  • Samurai Mech ($25)
VERY tempted to go back, especially because all the LOTR and larger Dino sets are there...

ghostmind

Saw all the 2013 (1H) Great Vehicles sets on the shelves today. The Cement Truck was the best, but the Flatbed Truck with Car and Tanker Truck were pretty sweet too. No doubt I'll get them, but I'll wait until the LEGO store has them. I love how each truck comes with a coffee cup for the dashboard.

Also saw the House on Fire set. Kind of meh, since the house is just a very simple facade.

wetwired

Nice new OT, you should probably put a link at the top of the first post that goes to the first thread in case anyone is interested.

ruxtpin

Banned
Ahh. My g/f is telling me to buy the Winter Bakery so we can put it on display (along with the exclusive holiday set). And she's telling me to go ahead and find something else I want so I get myself to the proper dollar amount.

The things I do...

Between lotr/ hobbit, arkham, and the rumors of new castle sets, I cannot bring myself to want the galaxy squad sets. Spaceships are inherently less appealing ot me than those themes.

Awesome job on the OP, Bone!!

I see the local Walmart put out the Hobbit sets today. Bag End looks sweet as hell, but not $70 sweet. :D

R-User!

So this is what I got:

From the Lego store: (10% peel off applied to all sets listed)

Fire Brigade (-10%) 134.99
Haunted House (-10%) 161.99
Red Cargo Train (-20%) (-10%) (plus it's "retiring soon" and besides, we wants those power functions to make Maersk "alive!") 115.99
Police Station (-20%) (-10%) 71.99
Seaside House(-20%) (-10%) 35.99

Barnes and Noble:

Mines of Moria
Attack on Weathertop
Urukhai Army
Harry Potter Hagrid's House
Harry Potter: "Small" Hogwarts
Batwing: Battle Over Gotham City
Lego Friends City Park Cafe
Monster Fighter: Crazy Scientist

I used 4 30% off coupons during 4 transactions. The cashiers basically became well acquainted with me!

13 sets today; and I have

Luke's Landspeeder, Fangpyre Mech and Apple House on the way! As well as Shelob's Lair and Desert Skiff waiting 'til Christmas morning!

The sets that I'll exclusively be building are:
Maersk Train
Helms Deep
Mines of Moria
Attack on Weathertop
Orc Forge
Urukai Army
Shelob's Lair
Shuttle Expedition
Lukes Landspeeder
Desert Skiff!

I wish there were some Matrix Lego Sets created (I'll be googling that now of course!)

Thanks so much Phonciple Bone for that 30% off coupon heads up! You really enabled me to be able to get 2 extra LotR sets (Mines and Uruk) that I would have waited to get until better discounts.

Happy Lego Building this Holiday season LEGOGAF!! :)

Edit: and 6 bonus Holiday Sets, 6 Holiday Tote Bags, and 9! Pick a Brick Boxs!!!

Ugh. Tempted to get the discounted train just for power functions. But I found a Queen Anne revenge that I am grabbing Sunday with the BN coupon. I can wait.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So this is what I got:

From the Lego store: (10% peel off applied to all sets listed)

Fire Brigade (-10%) 134.99
Haunted House (-10%) 161.99
Red Cargo Train (-20%) (-10%) (plus it's "retiring soon" and besides, we wants those power functions to make Maersk "alive!") 115.99
Police Station (-20%) (-10%) 71.99
Seaside House(-20%) (-10%) 35.99

Barnes and Noble:

Mines of Moria
Attack on Weathertop
Urukhai Army
Harry Potter Hagrid's House
Harry Potter: "Small" Hogwarts
Batwing: Battle Over Gotham City
Lego Friends City Park Cafe
Monster Fighter: Crazy Scientist

I used 4 30% off coupons during 4 transactions. The cashiers basically became well acquainted with me!

13 sets today; and I have

Luke's Landspeeder, Fangpyre Mech and Apple House on the way! As well as Shelob's Lair and Desert Skiff waiting 'til Christmas morning!

The sets that I'll exclusively be building are:
Maersk Train
Helms Deep
Mines of Moria
Attack on Weathertop
Urukai Army
Shelob's Lair
Shuttle Expedition
Lukes Landspeeder
Desert Skiff!

I wish there were some Matrix Lego Sets created (I'll be googling that now of course!)

Thanks so much Phonciple Bone for that 30% off coupon heads up! You really enabled me to be able to get 2 extra LotR sets (Mines and Uruk) that I would have waited to get until better discounts.

Happy Lego Building this Holiday season LEGOGAF!! :)

Edit: and 6 bonus Holiday Sets, 6 Holiday Tote Bags, and 9! Pick a Brick Boxs!!!

Wow.... You could totally give me one of those PAB boxes.

No one answered me. Is that an in store only get or will I get it with my online purchase?

Kryten

Minecraft arrived! The sets look great and I can't wait for a chance to crack into one of them. What really impresses me, however, is the new orange separator tool - I haven't seen one before and while it's much smaller than the old green version, it's so much more useful!

sharbhund

Minecraft arrived! The sets look great and I can't wait for a chance to crack into one of them. What really impresses me, however, is the new orange separator tool - I haven't seen one before and while it's much smaller than the old green version, it's so much more useful!

Which set comes with 2 of the separators?

Ugh. Tempted to get the discounted train just for power functions. But I found a Queen Anne revenge that I am grabbing Sunday with the BN coupon. I can wait.
QAR is awesome. SPECTACULAR display piece. I just finished putting together the Black Pearl that I got at TRU for 20% off, and while it's a great set on its own, it made me appreciate how amazing the QAR is in comparison. Dat poop deck! Last night I placed the Black Pearl on my LEGO display shelf right beside the QAR so that the two could unload cylindrical cannonballs upon each others' broadsides from their devastating flick cannons.

ghostmind

WOW! What an amazing build and a great completed model! You can really tell while putting this thing together that the designer(s) put a lot of thought into the design. It really feels like it is by the same team that did the Alien Conquest Earth Defense.

h7KWu.jpg

70705 Bug Obliterator
711 pcs
5 bags

jwXoQ.jpg

The back of the box.

5BlvN.jpg

Only one instruction book?

zGhNu.jpg

The DSS (dreaded sticker sheet) - thankfully they are transparent.

bux67.jpg

70701 close-up; is that cockpit free-rotating?

QHtM4.jpg

70702 close-up; this was the insect from the LEGO comic.

OPdiT.jpg

70703 close-up; LOVE the mantis!

8dyrX.jpg

The bug ship - dragonfly?
OP8Ss.jpg

4fp1e.jpg

The rover, with Jack Fireblade and his robot (wielding a heavy cannon). The design and style is winning me over big.

to be continued... tomorrow!

Finished the engine of Maersk. Mother of god. SNOT everywhere. The only downside so far is all the stickers, but my god is this set awesome. Will get pics this weekend. Time to do the last cars. But this set lives up to the hype others set for it.

Top Bottom