• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens on sale $39 console $19 handheld

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Appears to be the same deal on Amazon and GameStop. It's $39.99 on the PS4 or Xbone version, and then $19.99 for the 3ds or Vita version. Wii U version appears to $29.99

EDIT: GS weekly flyer says $19.99 for Vita, but it appears they have no online stock when searching.

Amazon

GameStop

US folk - this is one of the best games I've played this year. Even if you had found the LEGO game formula to have grown stale, consider picking it up.

This was on sale this past Monday at Best Buy. It was $20 off all versions, including the Deluxe Edition. With GCU, it dropped to as low as $24 for last gen and $32 for this gen ($40 for deluxe).

What makes it different?

(I tend to enjoy all LEGO games, regardless).

Level design is more expansive - multiple hubs bridging levels makes the game feel more cohesive and less fragmented. More love and care seems to have gone into it than some other recent entries - lot of attention to detail.

It also serves as the definitive Force Awakens game adaptation and does everything I wanted from that.

//ARCANUM

Vita and 3DS versions on amazon show as 29.99.

On gamestop, vita version is 29.99 - nvm its because vita is sold out and they just have digital listed.

how are the vita and 3ds ports of this btw?

Cleve

US folk - this is one of the best games I've played this year. Even if you had found the LEGO game formula to have grown stale, consider picking it up.

Why do you feel that way? I really looks like more of the same lego formula.

Level design is more expansive - multiple hubs bridging levels makes the game feel more cohesive and less fragmented. More love and care seems to have gone into it than some other recent entries - lot of attention to detail.

It also serves as the definitive Force Awakens game adaptation and does everything I wanted from that.

Gotcha. As someone who's not crazy on the license, I'm still skeptical.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Vita and 3DS versions on amazon show as 29.99.

On gamestop, vita version is 29.99 - nvm its because vita is sold out and they just have digital listed.

Yeah the GS weekly flier shows $19.99, but it appears they are sold out cause its not listed online?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Worth every penny. Great graphics and gameplay. The real voice actor's add to the overall presentation as well.

hawk2025

I like it, but I wouldn't say it particularly breaks away from the Lego formula in any meaningful sense.

It certainly has much higher production values and the pacing of the levels is a big improvement over the some of the longer drags that a few Lego games end up being, but it's not significantly different if you are not into the series.

I would say it's obviously second to Lego City Undercover, but still on the upper echelon of Lego games.

I definitely agree that the level design is a step up from the usual, and it helps the game a lot.

But it's worth pointing out that the usual Lego post-game content is weaker than usual here. There are a lot of side missions, but about half of them are just retreads of ship missions, or extremely short shooting segments with no additional context. Race missions have also lost all challenge since the time between checkpoints is hilariously long.

The hubs have the right size, though. I much prefer this approach to the bloated open world of the Marvel games. Everything is nicely packed in with plenty to do after finishing the story (including an extra 6 missions).

Just a shame that the extra content is so uneven. Some of those side missions are legitimately baffling.

CamHostage

Seems to be basically the same levels, but different goals often (I remember the cantina stage has a fire-stoking build that's not in the Vita version.) Looks good, but obviously a ton of detail is stripped (I haven't played the console version but it seems like the cinematics-to-gameplay difference is minimal while on Vita/3DS there's much less snow and trees in an environment like Starkiller Base.) Has less impact overall because there's less graphical horsepower running it, and part of the thrill of LEGO games is the charm of the style (and the multiplayer,) but it does have all the stars' voices and it does look good and run fine on all platforms. I'm happy with my purchase.

Also, it looks like the exact same portable Lego Star Wars TFA is on iOS/Android if you want to go that route. And though you're probably used to buttons, the portable game is designed for touch-play (on the Vita version, you can always touch the screen and do the same actions as with the controls.)

(*Quick tip: Get all the Gold Bricks on the stage where Finn fights "TR8R", because I was stymied for several Peg Multipliers without that character in my party and ended up grinding more than was fun for me. Maybe even use a guide just real quick to find out the best way to get Multipliers so you don't burn out in frustration with having to play stages over and over and over when you could just have a good time with it...)

Best LEGO game in a while, it seems like it is running on a new engine, not only is the best looking Lego game but the gameplay is expanded with the OTS gameplay, multiple builds and Spaceship battles.

Top Bottom