• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let us calmly discuss the Monster Hunter 4chan rumor about PS4 and Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Adder

Banned
Seems like a good deal for everyone but Capcom.

If Sony MH5 does well, the status quo continues and both Sony and Nintendo have MH games. Might strain Capcom's resources however.

If MH5 does poorly, nothing really changes for Sony and Nintendo has Capcom over a barrel because it would be confirmed MH needs Nintendo more than Nintendo needs MH. Guess who's not footing the western advertising bill anymore.

If MH5 does well and Nintendo fans respond poorly to the slight (unlikely), the game that likely generates the larger profit margin for Capcom fails to perform.

Assuming, of course, the full rumor is true.

Oregano

Monster Hunter 4 is the mainentry and portable. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is on 3DS and Wii U.

People should seriously stop to act like there are the mainentries on one hand and the portables on the other. These times are long gone.

You are misinterpreting him. He's saying that if the portable entries are completely diverged from the home console entries then they'll probably be lower budget.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Might want to get your popcorn ready.
Why mine? My post was about Capcom still wanting to maintain a healthy relationship to Nintendo even if/when MH5 ends on another system. It won't be a Vita situation were Capcom can just abandon the Switch/Nintendo all together.

Oregano

But Switch and PS4 are both homeconsoles?

In the event this rumour is true the PS4 game is a high budget game that isn't structured or plays like a traditional game whilst the Switch game is entirely different.

Basically Portable 5th wouldn't be anything like MH5 unlike the past and would probably be lower budget because resources are focused on MH5.

Oersted

In the event this rumour is true the PS4 game is a high budget game that isn't structured or plays like a traditional game whilst the Switch game is entirely different.

Basically Portable 5th wouldn't be anything like MH5 unlike the past and would probably be lower budget because resources are focused on MH5.

I noticed that the rumor suggests that the next MH Switch will be the true MH5, while PS4 would get a MH5 named spinoff in a identity crisis.

Which of course is rather.... unusual.

And would still make the Switch game a home console game.

Lelou

I noticed that the rumor suggests that the next MH Switch will be the true MH5, while PS4 would get a MH5 named spinoff in a identity crisis.

Which of course is rather.... unusual.

And would still make the Switch game a home console game.

I never seen a move like that on the game history that misguide completly a franchise doing 2 games with the same name and number but twisting up completly the first numbered game and keeping more of the same on the second one.
Prove me wrong please..
I know that somewere someone did a mistake like that..

This whole rumor seems like a silly way to get MH on PS4.

PS4 is dwindling in Japan, and the Switch specifically services Japan's thirst for portable hardware despite being a home console. It also has the power to display graphics in higher fidelity and uses similar developer tools to Sony's console. Why would Capcom make a version of the game exclusively for PS4 that couldn't be leveraged on Switch as well?

Best case scenario here, The PS4 gets a version of the game that can be leveraged on Switch as well. Capcom has proven that they're not shy about porting games, this exclusivity clause is silly at best and scream fanboy dreams to me. If this PS4 version is at all successful the first thing Capcom will want to do is port it to as many viable consoles as necessary.

wildfire

Banned
The thing with this rumor that sounds like bullshit to me is why Capcom would feel the need to make two separate games. Why have "The Monster Hunter that sells well in Japan and OK in the West" and "The Monster Hunter that sells OK in Japan and (maybe) well in the West" when you can potentially have "The Monster Hunter that sells well in Japan AND the West."

Like if Capcom decided to make Monster Hunter 5 for both Switch and PS4 with further streamlining like they've been working into the series then that would make sense. They'd keep the portable audience in Japan while having an opportunity to expand on consoles in the West. But two separate games? Sounds screwy.

Capcom doesn't feel the need to do it. Capcom knows they shouldn't which is why Sony moneyhatted them to make the first game. Capcom's various teams disagreed over that decision and are now forced to make the true game and the contractually obligated game. Regardless Capcom is making the 1st game with Sony's money so the only thing they risk is straining their manpower.

Monster Hunter Switch is they game they would've done and Monster Hunter PS4 is low risk since they aren't paying for it.

Nanashrew

Banned
Reading the last couple of pages and some of the arguments don't make much sense. Yes, you want growth in the west, but if you don't have your fanbase onboard what growth is there?

Japan is also their biggest region of success with stable and consistent sales. But on a home console, and PS4 no less, you might as well forget all that. It would be a huge loss of an entire region in hopes that the other regions pick up the slack.

And keep in mind that the Wii was at the height of popularity in Japan and the world over. And it struggled to reach what it did in Japan. That won't change on PS4.

Wait, Switch can't do weather?

It's Psycho_Mantis. That's all I got to say.

ZoddGutts

I don't see Sony moneyhatting a game/series that isn't that big in the west. It does decently but not big enough to try to get it as an exclusive.

Serenity

Eh....they still have a business relationship with - MH has had alot of Nintendo related DLC in the last years, Nintendo is still publishing Capcom games in Europe like USF2 or MH Stories for 3DS.

And the most important point is that Switch is selling...so Capcom probably dont wanna screw up that relationship too much, while they were fine to straight up ignore the Vita.

They would have to soften the blow if there shareholders would ask why the next MH title is skipping the top selling portable in Japan right now. Im really interested to see how this all will play out.

And they wouldn't have to answer why they aren't investing in the most popular console in the world?

I don't doubt switch will get MH5 but I can't get behind the idea a PS4 version is bad for business.

Oersted

And they wouldn't have to answer why they aren't investing in the most popular console in the world?

I don't doubt switch will get MH5 but I can't get behind the idea a PS4 version is bad for business.

They are investing. Much more so far than in Switch. And noone is saying a port is inherently bad. Its the whole "guaranteeing by contract to avoid Switch" part which raises eyebrows. You know the actual topic of the thread.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
The arguments some of you are formulating lack risk and imagination and also fail to take into consideration some of Capcom's prior decisions. Consider that Capcom is the same company that was moneyhatted into making RE games exclusively on the GameCube a number of years ago because Nintendo wanted to alter and move away from the image of being a "kiddy console". The sales differences between the PS2 and GameCube were drastic but that didn't stop Capcom from abandoning PS2, which had a large, healthy user base. Fans on the PS2 received RE:CVX, RE: Outbreak 1&2 and released RE4 nearly a year later. They're also the same company that released DC3 solely on Xbox, a relatively poorly selling console with no history with that franchise.

It's been mentioned that fans would be slighted by Capcom placing MH5 on PS4 but why would that be? MH games are still being produced on the 3ds and Switch. The series began on the PS platform and was outright abandoned yet the franchise found a community that wanted the game although Capcom's decision left those adopters on PS2 and PSP vexed. I'm sure that the online infrastructure of PS is more favorable for Capcom and a cooperative series like MH and I think with good marketing, the game can find an audience in the West.

Changes to the franchise could serve to reinvigorate it and boost sales or it could destroy it but the current pace of the series seems unsustainable. With sales of XX being underwhelming, I don't think Capcom have many other options. This is their best chance to expand the franchise and nabbing fans in the West while also helping Sony gain a foothold in the East. People can say this is a stupid plan, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Sony has money to blow and if this is the way they choose to cement themselves in Japan, well then so be it. It's better for them to contest Japan rather than siding idly by while the Switch overtakes PS4. Exclusives help to drive sales and get fence sitters on board.

No one has anything to lose here. 3ds and Switch players still get MH, PS4 fans get MH, Sony gets a shot in the East with MH5 (if they fail, well at least they tried), Capcom pockets money and has the ability to expand a waning franchise. Who loses here? I'm lost to how the franchise would suffer by coming to PS4.

HeeHo

I gotta say, this whole thing sounds like a giant made up lie.

A guy's WoW dev-friend said so?

I've been wanting MH on PS4, but I would've been completely fine with the same format but with enhanced visuals, effects and animation.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler

PS4 is dwindling in Japan, and the Switch specifically services Japan's thirst for portable hardware despite being a home console. It also has the power to display graphics in higher fidelity and uses similar developer tools to Sony's console. Why would Capcom make a version of the game exclusively for PS4 that couldn't be leveraged on Switch as well?

Best case scenario here, The PS4 gets a version of the game that can be leveraged on Switch as well. Capcom has proven that they're not shy about porting games, this exclusivity clause is silly at best and scream fanboy dreams to me. If this PS4 version is at all successful the first thing Capcom will want to do is port it to as many viable consoles as necessary.
Because you have to go to the time the deal was supposedly made. That would be before November 2015; and it makes sense since it's normal to expect the 3DS to decay at that time and the WiiU was flopping. That was the perfect time to make a deal with Capcom.

Then (according to the rumor), they saw their expectations squashed with MHX, begun knowing details about the Switch; panic was inside Capcom's HQ and that's the timing when the rumor was leaked, to Nintendo and to us in October (because you can't be disclosing classified company data, so you need a third party to leak it).

Obviously, seeing it with today's eyes, it doesn't make sense, but thinking back to when the rumor was made, it makes perfect sense.

Not saying the rumor is true, but wouldn't be surprised it's the case.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Makes sense, especially if Sony put up major cash for it.

I don't personally see the draw playing on a console, but good for those who want it if true.

Nanashrew

Banned
The arguments some of you are formulating lack risk and imagination and also fail to take into consideration some of Capcom's prior decisions. Consider that Capcom is the same company that was moneyhatted into making RE games exclusively on the GameCube a number of years ago because Nintendo wanted to alter and move away from the image of being a "kiddy console". The sales differences between the PS2 and GameCube were drastic but that didn't stop Capcom from abandoning PS2, which had a large, healthy user base. Fans on the PS2 received RE:CVX, RE: Outbreak 1&2 and released RE4 nearly a year later. They're also the same company that released DC3 solely on Xbox, a relatively poorly selling console with no history with that franchise.

It's been mentioned that fans would be slighted by Capcom placing MH5 on PS4 but why would that be? MH games are still being produced on the 3ds and Switch. The series began on the PS platform and was outright abandoned yet the franchise found a community that wanted the game although Capcom's decision left those adopters on PS2 and PSP vexed. I'm sure that the online infrastructure of PS is more favorable for Capcom and a cooperative series like MH and I think with good marketing, the game can find an audience in the West.

Changes to the franchise could serve to reinvigorate it and boost sales or it could destroy it but the current pace of the series seems unsustainable. With sales of XX being underwhelming, I don't think Capcom have many other options. This is their best chance to expand the franchise and nabbing fans in the West while also helping Sony gain a foothold in the East. People can say this is a stupid plan, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Sony has money to blow and if this is the way they choose to cement themselves in Japan, well then so be it. It's better for them to contest Japan rather than siding idly by while the Switch overtakes PS4. Exclusives help to drive sales and get fence sitters on board.

No one has anything to lose here. 3ds and Switch players still get MH, PS4 fans get MH, Sony gets a shot in the East with MH5 (if they fail, well at least they tried), Capcom pockets money and has the ability to expand a waning franchise. Who loses here? I'm lost to how the franchise would suffer by coming to PS4.

Didn't Shinji Mikami also actively hate the PS2 because it was difficult to develop for?

wildfire

Banned
As much as I love MH, I would only ever buy a portable version. No way I'd be able to put in more than 100hrs if I had to sit in front of a tv.

Hmm. Maybe Sony could offer a MH5 portable exclusive to their phones. If their version is going to emphasize QTEs then they could potentially handle it with some additonal modifications.

Oersted

The Capcom Five were a result of a pissed Mikami. Capcom killed the Five pretty fast, Mikami is gone and the whole thing is 15 years ago, a time where Nokia was relevant.

Seriously, do your homework.

Eolz

(...)

The main issue is more about the exclusive PS4 game being MH5. I don't think many people would care if it was a spinoff. Wouldn't damage the brand, wouldn't hurt Capcom, wouldn't hurt Sony and Nintendo relationships with them, etc.
Which is why this is the typical 4chan rumour: if it was the case, people would just say "ok", and nobody would have even made a thread here. Even less 4-5 of 20+ pages each.

Ridley327

Didn't Shinji Mikami also actively hate the PS2 because it was difficult to develop for?

From what we know about how MS lost out on RE exclusivity that gen (Mikami did talk to them first, after all), it did sound like that was a pretty big motivator for him. That was back when Japanese developers gave their rock star directors/producers a hell of a lot of leeway, which has dropped off rather sharply since then.

Ironically, the MH series producer is one of the last ones left in that regard, and a lot of that has to do with him being the son of the CEO.

Demoli

If MH was (and was born) on Sony platforms, I don't see why it can't come back.

I hope this is real.

Because games aren't salmons and each are their own thing, at this point I believe Monster Hunter is like Dragon Quest: It's gonna be at the most popular platforms for Japanese audiences, and moving forward that means switch because its the only handheld being released anytime soon unless Sony does a PSP3 announcement out of the blue.

The best bet is a Multiplat Switch/Ps4/Maybe 3DS and even then i think it's pushing it. But time will tell.

MTC100

Banned
Nah man, you're right. The game won't even be Monster Hunter, it will just be a 10 hour long QTE with explosions going off.

Tracked down the first in-game clip of the game:

lvtN70.gif

Apparently even the Xbox One version, as you know, the Rumor has it, that Sony doesn't care for the game being released on anything but the Switch xD

Nanashrew

Banned
Multiplat is definitely the simplest and most effective way to handle that desire for growth without losing regions.

Even NISA talked about this in need of the west but still also needing their domestic fanbase even with the market shrinkage that's been happening. That means including the Switch as part of their plan because it doubles as a handheld. They also saw good numbers in France, which Nintendo for some reason has a good market there. Even the Wii U sold really well in France.

PS4 is still well ahead of last year YTD. Hardly dwindling.

Oregano

Because you have to go to the time the deal was supposedly made. That would be before November 2015; and it makes sense since it's normal to expect the 3DS to decay at that time and the WiiU was flopping. That was the perfect time to make a deal with Capcom.

Then (according to the rumor), they saw their expectations squashed with MHX, begun knowing details about the Switch; panic was inside Capcom's HQ and that's the timing when the rumor was leaked, to Nintendo and to us in October (because you can't be disclosing classified company data, so you need a third party to leak it).

Obviously, seeing it with today's eyes, it doesn't make sense, but thinking back to when the rumor was made, it makes perfect sense.

Not saying the rumor is true, but wouldn't be surprised it's the case.

I guess my question would be why Capcom never considered that there would be a 3DS successor then? and why does Wii U even factor into it?

Even then how late do you suppose Capcom learn about Switch? Maybe not seen it or had hands on but the concept of it being a hybrid? I guarantee they were amongst the first external people to learn about it.

Series completely swapping platforms and release strategies isn't a common occurence even when taking into account platform's natural declines. That's not to say its impossible.

Ridley327

Question: how often has it happened that someone went out of their way on a multiplatform title to exclude one platform from their marketing deal, but they left the others alone? If this was real and was focusing on the west, wouldn't Sony want to leave the Xbox One out just in case it gets a decent following? After all, multiplayer co-op games clean up pretty damn well on Xbox One, so that's less sales coming for them on something that they by and large paid to make happen.

watershed

Banned
The exclusivity clause for MH5 on PS4 seems odd but then again MH went exclusive on the 3ds when the Vita and PS3 both seemed like likely platforms for the MH series. There was definitely some kind of deal between Nintendo and Capcom and I could see Sony swooping in to lock down MH much like Nintendo did so many years ago. From Capcom's perspective though, the deal with Sony would have to be super sweet. Odd but not impossible.

NotEasy

Being a fan of MH since the first PS2 game, the only way I can see everyone happy is if they release a MH5(like the old games, not this open world crap) to Switch, PS4 and maybe PC. If Capcom create new assets to make a HD game and stop reusing the PS2 ones(I'm expecting too much from Capcom) the game budget will be more expensive, so it makes sense to go multiplatform.
Anyway it's just my opinion, PS4/Playstation players deserves a chance, maybe it will sell well or maybe not, I don't really care about Capcom and their money issue(they are cheap as fuck) but Nintendo players who supported the series till now should be able to continue to play the games too. But if they keep reusing the PS2/PSP assets, just release it on 3ds/ Switch, because it won't sell on PS4 looking like that.

Demoli

The exclusivity clause for MH5 on PS4 seems odd but then again MH went exclusive on the 3ds when the Vita and PS3 both seemed like likely platforms for the MH series. There was definitely some kind of deal between Nintendo and Capcom and I could see Sony swooping in to lock down MH much like Nintendo did so many years ago. From Capcom's perspective though, the deal with Sony would have to be super sweet. Odd but not impossible.

While i don't doubt there was a deal between nintendo and capcom, particularly the western release of the titles, the PS4 was probably never considered for the main series after both Vita and 3DS had hardware good enough and being portable on top.

3DS probabaly won out half beccause of a deal and half because of it being more popular

The strangest thing to me about this specific rumor continues to be why Capcom and Sony didn't announce this project before the launch of Switch. 3G and 4 were strategically revealed months before Vita's Japanese release.

Oregano

Whilst that's a very good point they're not completely comparable circumstances. Back then Tri had released in partnership with Nintendo already and they were choosing the successor to the most successful system in history in Japan(second worldwide).

The successor to the DS had better potential prospects in both Japan and the west compared to the PSP(Which had fallen off a cliff in the west).

Monster Hunter 4 shipped a million in the West quite soon after launch IIRC.

Also eww @ the bolded and lol @ better animations. Edit: Oh and lol as if Switch can't do a weather system considering Breath of the Wild.

Wait, Switch can't do weather?

Also no bigger areas, better animations and monster variety apparently. This just in, Switch is just a new3DS+ lol.

I cant also do bigger fields and better animations.

I said PS4 for a reason lads. SW is near a generation behind on power and hence constraints. Expectations have changed since 2013 lol

All of those things could be done on Switch though, considering the jump from 3DS.
Why would you want swarms of enemies, or "larger" fields (depending on how much obviously) in a MH game though? Do you play it?
Multiplayer is a design choice rather than an hardware issue, same for some other features as said before, like people saying it shouldn't have closed areas anymore, or a weather system, etc.

There's a difference in "this sounds enticing" between the core fanbase and people that never got in the game, which this rumor really points out.

Yes. There are several moments were numerous smaller enemies are in a zone. Larger areas and numbers will not only create a more natural look but be interesting to tackle alone or together.

As I said before:

Code:
[PSV] Toukiden # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.06.27} (¥6.090) - 122.794 / NEW 
[PSP] Toukiden <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.06.27} (¥5.040) - 66.016 / NEW 

[ALL] Toukiden # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.06.27} - 188.810 / NEW 

[PSV] Toukiden: Kiwami # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2014.08.28} (¥6.264) - 79.384 / NEW 
[PSP] Toukiden: Kiwami # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2014.08.28} (¥5.184) - 11.026 / NEW 
[PS4] Toukiden: Kiwami <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.04.23} (¥7.344) - 6.103 / NEW

Code:
04./00. [PSV] Toukiden 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2016.07.28} (¥6.800) - [B]59.032[/B] / NEW <60,40%> 
05./00. [PS4] Toukiden 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2016.07.28} (¥7.800) - [B]46.334[/B] / NEW <78,86%>

And as he/she said before: next gen Monster Hunter, not Toukiden.

Ridley327

The strangest thing to me about this specific rumor continues to be why Capcom and Sony didn't announce this project before the launch of Switch. 3G and 4 were strategically revealed months before Vita's Japanese release.

Well, Nintendo did have a bit of a history of screwing with Sony and their portable hardware, as the DS launched in Japan the same day of the PS1's 10th anniversary, which pushed the PSP back a week.

That being said, that's yet another thing that makes this rumor very hard to swallow. What benefit is there for them to wait this long to say anything about it? And especially now with Nintendo and Capcom going all out for the Switch port of XX, ensuring more months of scarcity for the Switch.

watershed

Banned

If the rumor is true, I think it has more to do with development of the game itself and Capcom and Sony positioning MH5 as a westernized MH so E3 seems like the best venue for a big reveal like that. It would make sense with Capcom announcing MH XX Switch ver. as they did last week, to get that news out there before E3 when MH5 takes the spotlight.

But I'm still not sold on this rumor. It is interesting that being a PS4 exclusive means Capcom does not see local multiplayer as important to the franchises success (particularly in the west where local multiplayer is less popular). In my mind, MH is defined by local multiplayer, but if this rumor is true, that will continue to be the core of the Portable series but not the mainline numbered series? Strange.

Nanashrew

Banned
As far as any deal is concerned, Nintendo has helped on marketing in the west and in NOE's case, has helped with distribution at least 2 times already IIRC.

In Dragon Quest 7 and 8's case, Nintendo even helped foot the bill for a localization.

But that's not even out of the ordinary. Nintendo has helped some Japanese pubs/devs on 3DS like this without any sort of money hat for exclusivity. Many of the exclusive titles on 3DS are exclusive due to the popularity of the system, just like with the PS4 getting Japanese support because it's a popular system.

Oersted

Erm, Capcom cancelled the PS3 game and went Wii because of development costs. They outright stated that.

Oregano

If the rumor is true, I think it has more to do with development of the game itself and Capcom and Sony positioning MH5 as a westernized MH so E3 seems like the best venue for a big reveal like that. It would make sense with Capcom announcing MH XX Switch ver. as they did last week, to get that news out there before E3 when MH5 takes the spotlight.

But I'm still not sold on this rumor. It is interesting that being a PS4 exclusive means Capcom does not see local multiplayer as important to the franchises success (particularly in the west where local multiplayer is less popular). In my mind, MH is defined by local multiplayer, but if this rumor is true, that will continue to be the core of the Portable series but not the mainline numbered series? Strange.

That timing still doesn't make sense to me because MHXX Switch is releasing in August so to me even if the rumour is true a reveal at TGS in September makes more sense.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I guess my question would be why Capcom never considered that there would be a 3DS successor then? and why does Wii U even factor into it?

Even then how late do you suppose Capcom learn about Switch? Maybe not seen it or had hands on but the concept of it being a hybrid? I guarantee they were amongst the first external people to learn about it.

Series completely swapping platforms and release strategies isn't a common occurence even when taking into account platform's natural declines. That's not to say its impossible.
First, I'm not saying the rumor is true (though it wouldn't surprise me).

The problem is that the 3DS successor is nowhere to be seen (the system was released early 2011, so it has been around for 6 years). The WiiU factors in, because console fans of MH were abandoned. Sure, the games weren't that huge sellers on consoles anyway, but MH3 sold close to 2 millions on the Wii, that's still money left on the table, also they need to update those assets/code/engine or whatever for modern hardware, and with 3DS it wasn't possible. There's also the fact that the 3DS isn't setting the charts on fire in the west, although the MH games have sold very well.

Seeing how secretly Nintendo handled the Switch, and the quality of third party games released for it at launch, even the quality of first party games (port of Zelda, port of MK and 1-2 Switch), I would say third parties new the details less than a year from launch, honestly. If they had let third parties know before, leaks would have happened sooner.

watershed

Banned
Erm, Capcom cancelled the PS3 game and went Wii because of development costs. They outright stated that.

I don't remember that but I'm talking about Nintendo locking down MH to the 3ds.
That timing still doesn't make sense to me because MHXX Switch is releasing in August so to me even if the rumour is true a reveal at TGS in September makes more sense.
Why would a September real at TGS make more sense for a supposedly western oriented MH5 on the PS4? E3 is the most likely venue for this particular rumor.

Oersted

I don't remember that but I'm talking about Nintendo locking down MH to the 3ds.

Why would a September real at TGS make more sense for a supposedly western oriented MH5 on the PS4? E3 is the most likely venue for this particular rumor.

Than you also don't remember the correct timeline.

Ridley327

Wouldn't this previous PSX have been a pretty ideal time to reveal something like a western-oriented Monster Hunter? I mean, shit, they revealed a TLOU sequel there and there was no shortage of coverage of it not being revealed at E3.

Yes, XX on Switch will most likely not alienate the fanbase. You have yet to offer a reason why MH5 exclusively on PS4(Xbox One is obviously even less relevant in Japan) would not alienate the fanbase.

Simply because its potentially a new game in a series and nothing is known besides a rumour with questionable legitimacy. It isn't like there is a DmC style reveal for people to react negatively against and so far the only element people are whining about is a rumour stating that it isn't on their console of choice. What Capcom could do might not be to all fans tastes but the possible options on what they could do may appeal to many of the fans. There isn't enough to say one way or the other and a rumour based on what system it is on doesn't really say much about the quality of the end product.

Neonep

Wouldn't this previous PSX have been a pretty ideal time to reveal something like a western-oriented Monster Hunter? I mean, shit, they revealed a TLOU sequel there and there was no shortage of coverage of it not being revealed at E3.

If this game is happening, it feels more like a TGS or PSX announcement than a E3 announcement especially considering Sony has a bunch of games they already have to give details about.

It could work at either. E3 just gives it 6 more months to bake so we may see more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom