• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lethal League |OT| Windjammers X Smash Bros X Tron X Jet Set Radio

Mechazawa

lethals8kgf.png

What is Lethal League?
Lethal League is a competitive projectile fighting game where you have to hit an anti-gravity ball into the face of your opponent to win. The ball speeds up with every strike, up to explosively extreme velocities. Play intense local matches with friends and foes, challenge yourself in the singleplayer mode or battle it out online.

-Highly competitive gameplay.
-High performance online GGPO multiplayer.
-Up to 4 players.
-Mad art.
-Banging beats by various artists.
-No weak shit.

ss_877948df067061526bp8ks4.jpg

Announcement Trailer
Release Date Trailer

Characters

Raptor:
Raptor_gif.gif

Switch:
Switch_gif.gif

Candyman:
Candyman_gif.gif

Sonata:
Sonata_gif.gif

Latch:
Latch_gif.gif

Where to get it:
Steam
Through the developer's website(uses Humble Bundle as checkout, gives Steam keys)

Check out the original Prototype where it all started here.

Mechazawa

The netcode in this, from what little I've played, has been great. Which is always my biggest concern when games like this come out. Hell, it's still a concern when a new, major fighter comes out.

So yeah, in terms of a competent online, this ain't no Nidhogg, that's for sure.

leakey

Played the older version, which was extremely fun. A few nights of having mates over for fighting games eventually centered on taking turns on separate ends of the laptop playing this game.

Definitely gonna check it out on Steam.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Bought a four pack with friends. Can't wait to play this tonight! Should be a blast local and online using mumble!

The original got me through Tropical Freeze crunch.

Nabs

Each multiplayer session turns into an hour long battle of rematches. This game is too good.

This looks pretty cool.

How do you play though? From what I see, it looks like Smash Bros's Soccer ball + Dive Kick.

That actually sounds pretty good now that I think about it.

bobawesome

This looks like an enhanced version of Samurai Gunn's "tennis" meta-game and I've been looking forward to it for a while. Please don't suck.

http://a.pomf.se/pdubqx.webm

Understanding how hitlag works in this game is maybe the most important thing. The red-green bar on the boombox indicates hitlag; when it's full, the ball is put in motion. There are tricks to significantly reduce hitlag at higher speeds like using special abilities or bunting and then hitting the ball.

This game is really fun.

Volcynika

GGs to Ozium, Gunstarheroes, and Nabs. Some really hype matches there. I had to stop myself from rematching and eat something!

Ozium

GGs to Ozium, Gunstarheroes, and Nabs. Some really hype matches there. I had to stop myself from rematching and eat something!

yes this game is exciting even when watching the rest of a match fold out... it's fast and so crazy but everything still makes sense and it's all just angles..

GG

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Thanks for this thread Mechazawa, otherwise I wouldn't know LL released!

It's awesome. Online matches are very playable too.

Does anyone know what's up with Switch? Seems like he doesn't have a special move. Actually, maybe the gif in the OP is his special, some sort of aerial only skateboard trick.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
So far so good.

I'd love for there two be an option to disable specials and another option to make it so suicides in points mode decrements a point.

Mechazawa

Getting some weird occasional desyncs, but otherwise, yup, this is GGPO.

Great netcode. Great game.

Does anyone know what's up with Switch? Seems like he doesn't have a special move. Actually, maybe the gif in the OP is his special, some sort of aerial only skateboard trick.

They made a weird distinction with Switch. Instead of batting twice, you have to do a double jump.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Understanding how hitlag works in this game is maybe the most important thing. The red-green bar on the boombox indicates hitlag; when it's full, the ball is put in motion. There are tricks to significantly reduce hitlag at higher speeds like using special abilities or bunting and then hitting the ball.

This game is really fun.
That looks completely insane. I wonder if this game can get a competitive scene, because it sure is fun to watch.

Loam

I bought this game knowing nothing about it and ended up playing for almost four hours tonight, game is incredibly easy to pick up and play but almost impossible to put down. Would love to see this game take off and make evo or something, for me this is probably the most exciting fighter to date.

Tizoc

Currently among the top 10 on Steam top sellers.
Any chance this game could make it to EVO 2015?

elyetis

Spent almost 2 hour yesterday on it, solo or with a friend; really really fun game. I'm just not really found of the artstyle/graphism, but it's really not what matter for that kind of game.
The ball animation, speed effect, 'slow mo' are really reaaly well done thought.

Volcynika

Played way too much of this last night. The boss of the challenge mode is neat though. Only beat it with Raptor, but will have to do it with the other chars. I'm really enjoying using Sonata. I just need to get a bit more mind games in, I was able to fool my friend when I started implementing bunting into the higher ball speeds.

As far as the bummers, I did have a random crash in multi after end of a match. Also I think that some of the achievements aren't triggering for whatever reason, like "Bunt the ball at a speed over 1000."

But it just came out, so I have no problem with them hashing out the bugs. I'm just glad multiplayer works so well out of the gate!

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Tried playing last night. Two of my friends were not able to connect to each other for some reason. They could both join a game I hosted, but whenever the game started up the game would crash. Disappointing.

Looking forward to them addressing the bugs, there are quite a few of them.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
They made a weird distinction with Switch. Instead of batting twice, you have to do a double jump.

I see, thanks. I must be easily impressed, I like their little plays on words. Switch has his special switched to jump. Latch can latch on to walls and latches onto the ball for his special. Stuff like that.

Firehead

Had some money on my Steam account, thanks to the Steam idle master, so I bought this. Holy shit, this game is so hype. Love it when the ball into the 1k+ zone and everything goes negative.

Volcynika

Got off work early so ran through the challenge mode with the rest of the characters. Knocked that out of the way and got the achievement. Now I can just do multi whenever I want!

elyetis

Played the game a little more today, really fun even against bot. My biggest complaint online wise is that you cant use the matchmaking with friends, or even a server list for that matter. 1v1 with my friend is fun, but we'd like to do some free for all or 2v2, etc..

edit, our new personnal record
9441854E86FE7FB6D0E9F2792364E4EF8810EE71

Game really get crazy at those speed.

So I've been a lot of crashes whenever I play with my friends online. It's the same story with them..

Apart from that, this is game is legit.

This game is really fun.

Holy crap, I had no idea that was the purpose of those bars on the boom box. For a good while yesterday, I thought you just had to memorize the timing of the pauses off hand.

As someone who has been talking non-stop about this in the Steam thread, glad this game has an official OT.

Also, im Gunstarheroes on Steam, if you play, add me. I need more players!

Top Bottom