• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's look back at the Wii Shop pt. 1. - what are the best Wii Shop VC games?

VDenter

Banned
The VC was one of the most exciting thing ever for me personally before it came out. Sadly it also turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments ever. I only bought one game on it because nintendo seemed really keen to give European gamers the middle finger that generation by offering the games only at the abysmal 50HZ mode.

-What were your favorite VC games that you'd never played before?
Super Mario RPG, Ogre Battle 64 (actually, of my 33 VC games these 2 and Kirby 3 are the only ones I hadn't played before)

-What were your favorite VC games to revisit?
SMB, SMW, Zelda: ALttP

-What are your overall recommended VC games that aren't available via 3DS's excellent NES emulation and Wii U's excellent SNES emulation?
Can't really answer this one.

Jackano

-What were your favorite VC games that you'd never played before?

Super Mario's Picross.

-What were your favorite VC games to revisit?

Not sure. Probably Super Mario 64, wasn't that bad with a Gamecube controller.
A Link to the Past never age for me, but I've other alternative than Virtual Console (GBA primarily).

-What are your overall recommended VC games that aren't available via 3DS's excellent NES emulation and Wii U's excellent SNES emulation?

No idea on that one, sorry :/ Would need giant lists to figure out what are the best SNES games out of it!

ghibli99

Yeah, for me it was all about the TG-16 CD games and import rarities like Sin & Punishment. Sega arcade ports were also a nice thing, and even though it was twitchy, the Wiimote control implementation for Space Harrier was a cool idea. I really loved VC on the Wii, so this thread serves as a nice reminder of that.

jholmes

I want to reply to more of your post when I have time, but I wanted to at least mention we do have this one. For some reason, lol. It's charming but very strange and it feels like...despite not really relying on advanced knowledge of Japanese I want to know what's being said in the game...so I'm waiting to play it more till my Japanese is a bit better. Thanks (and thanks all) for all these awesome recommendations and I'll reply in more detail soon!

It's been a year and a half, Max. Still waiting!

Top Bottom