• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's talk about how G2A is buying itself in

Jimrpg

As far as i know, they shouldn't. G2A sells keys they bought from distributors like myself.If you check the fallout 4 page you see you only have one offer, which is G2A itself.

Kinguin are marketplace sellers, so i cant exactly say.
But what i have heard from other code traders is that Kinguin fines marketplace sellers pretty hefty if they dont supply pre-order keys. Something like € 500 + a certain procent of the sales amount (dont know for sure). However not everybody can sell pre-orders on Kinguin, you need a good feedback rating.

Professionally.

Just out of curiosity, is there any reason why Kinguin and G2A don't approach the publisher themselves rather than a distributor like yourself? For a big title like MGSV or Batman it seems it would be easier to buy straight from the publisher rather than collect them from a wide range of distributors.

luoapp

Just out of curiosity, is there any reason why Kinguin and G2A don't approach the publisher themselves rather than a distributor like yourself? For a big title like MGSV or Batman it seems it would be easier to buy straight from the publisher rather than collect them from a wide range of distributors.

Through official channel, the prices can't go as low as through some middlemen like SirJackDaniels. That is the real "grey area" in the whole business.

holysan

I just bought 2 years of PS Plus from kinguin for 40€. No problems with the key. But where does this one come from? I know that in Germany, Telekom gives it to you as a bonus to a phone & internet contract, but I can't find any other sources for a 2 year sub.

It depends on locale. Basically they are based in Poland so the Polish publisher has to adhere to their Polish pricing tariff's. I can't confirm if they buy local but i would think they do.

A lot of publishers are bound by their forecast and the size of their market. I don't know how big the Polish market is but buying for example 100K units for Fall Out 4, from Bethesda Poland, would raise some questions from Corporate. Due to the size of their business they are forced to shop around. Even we are capped for a lot of titles. If for example we could sell 200.000 units of BO3, but our local market is 500.000 big we get QTY's by local marketshare. So if our share is 10% we would get 50.000 units.

One of the other reasons is that they are not an authorized digital reseller. As everybody knows they basically strip keys from retail boxes.
Price discrepancies in various markets is of course on the reasons they shop at other regions.

Denton

CD Projekt has been recently cancelling some GOG licenses purchased at G2A, apparently:

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3obyyn/g2a_keys_removed/

Hello
Recently a series of codes was canceled, because these codes were purchased fraudulently, with stolen cards. In such situations, our policy is to cancel such a code, and give the money back to the owner of the stolen card. Also, please keep in mind that reselling codes purchased on GOG is forbidden according to our User Agreement (3.3). I would strongly advise that you contact the third-party reseller, whom you most likely bought this code from, and ask for your money back. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and appreciate your understanding.
Regards Genoan
GOG.com Support

N30RYU

Is as shady as using other xbox marketplaces to buy MS games.

As long as 1$=1€ in europe I won't hesitate buying any digital game code on g2a, ebay, amazon or forums to save me some money... on top of doing so sharing accounts/costs with a friend.

There shouldn't be any taxes on digital market to begin with.

I don't have a gamming pc so i don't deal with origin, gog or steam. So every digital game code I purchase is for XBO or PS4.

Top Bottom