• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lily Bergamo was turned into Let It Die

The charm in Suda's games come mostly from the characterization. It's not because it was "generic animu", it's because we went from named character to generic avatar.

So excuse me if I'm not as excited for it as I was.

This is not NieR Gestalt/Replicant, this is like one guy anticipating the new cc2 Naruto game and it turns out to be Gears of War.

You literally knew nothing about it other than the name and the generic trailer shown along with "extreme action game".

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Just read about that after reading your post. I was really only talking about what games were shown at E3 that would influence my PS4 purchase sooner than later. There wasn't really anything I cared about except for Bloodbourne and Let it Die (which made me think there were 2 suda exclusives).

11c3ae18e545532ab2a27a1d9b0bc5fe.jpg

You know what if "Killer is Dead" referenced Suda as a game-dev. And now "Let it die" is referring to the dream ;-;

Where the hell are all the JRPG's on PS4? I remember 360 got a ton of them from like 2006-2009ish and it made sense since PS3 was struggling but now there really is no excuse.

FluxWaveZ

THERE WAS NONE

Then you're blind. A trailer aims to convey the aesthetic of the game it represents. Total lack of gameplay does not change that. Enter controversies like what Fuse went through when its initial trailer's aesthetic was changed in the final game, after there had been positive reception for it.

If you can't determine the difference in aesthetic between Lily Bergamo and Let It Die, then there's nothing else to say, really.

Where the hell are all the JRPG's on PS4? I remember 360 got a ton of them from like 2006-2009ish and it made sense since PS3 was struggling but now there really is no excuse.

PS4 is selling like crap in Japan, don't expect PS4 JRPGs aside of a few for a long time. Japan is focusing on mobile/handhelds.

Astarte

Great, so it's F2P and its literally a moba, and there's no more lily bergamo.

Thank
you
Gungo
you
pieces
of
fucking
shit.

This is what happens when a FUCKING mobile company buys you out.

Sony is fortunate they have Bloodbourne, otherwise I wouldn't give 2 shits about buying PS4.

Lily Bergamo was going to be a F2P game as well. I'm willing to believe that this is all Suda's decision and that Gungho really is giving him freedom.

Suda51 is such a dickhead sometimes. I can't believe we've lost something like Lily Bergamo, and in return we have a game that made me cringe and hate gaming almost as much as the Mortal Kombat X trailer.

I would rather have a 1080p60 remake of Lollipop Chainsaw, no lie. I love that game.

TalonJH

Feels like, "this is what westerners like, right?"

Sadly, for the most part, that idea would probably be right for the mass market.

Astarte

Suda51 is such a dickhead sometimes. I can't believe we've lost something like Lily Bergamo, and in return we have a game that made me cringe and hate gaming almost as much as the Mortal Kombat X trailer.

I would rather have a 1080p60 remake of Lollipop Chainsaw, no lie. I love that game.

The only dick move I can think of that Suda did is withholding Silver Case for 3DS.
I'd rather have a Killer7 rerelease if it means that we'll get subtitles with it.

NoTacos

I'm actually quite a bit disappointed about this one. Lily Bergamu actually looked like a seriously cool game and one I looked forward to. Now were getting a serial killer battle arena instead.

Astarte

I'm actually quite a bit disappointed about this one. Lily Bergamu actually looked like a seriously cool game and one I looked forward to. Now were getting a serial killer battle arena instead.

If the only things that changed really are the aesthetics and survival aspects, then Lily Bergamo would have been an extreme action battle arena. That actually sounds pretty rad now that I think about it, but do not know how Let It Die plays. At all.

Yup, I'm still as disappointed by this as I was last night.

Yup.

Completely agree with the ironic change in title, Let it Die...

You know it's selling like crap because there are no Japanese games, lol. Soon...

Once iDOLM@STER comes out, things should get better.

This. They are in annoying catch-22 land right now, Japan needs some freaking PS4 games from those JP devs so they have a reason to buy (even if it won't sell as much as in the PS2 days due to mobile/handheld being their primary gaming).

Yeah, hopefully that helps, and hopefully once Zestiria comes out they can start teasing that PS4 Tales game they hinted at and maybe that'll help too.

Slaythe

At least we have the last guardian to make up for ...

Wait...

nope, all good, i'll just go back to crying. I can't believe it. Let it die is the absolute kind of game that I loathe, after recently playing killer is dead, i was so excited for Lily .

:/

antibolo

Banned

Home consoles are dead in Japan. Once the PS3 dies off they'll just stop making JRPGs for home consoles altogether, with the exception of Final Fantasy as the FF brand is well established in the West (every other JRPG is made for Japan only in mind, then maybe it gets localized later).

Also the 360 didn't get a bunch of JRPGs because the PS3 was struggling, it got them because Microsoft was doing a desperate moneyhat operation to convince Japan to care about Xbox (it didn't work).

JoJoSono

Banned
Well it's a shame because it's dropping the possible less "grim and gritty" look. It's also disappointing because "online" and "make your own character" is not what I come to a Suda 51 game for.

I like Suda 51 for the completely bizarre single player experiences that are inhabited by crazy, yet engaging characters. Suda's past games have had some of the most memorable protags of the gen.

Yet, another saving grace of these games are the visuals. Stylish and cool. Killer is Dead is not a great game honestly, but it;s fantastic art style sure makes it go further.

This game sounds like the complete opposite of what I would want from a Suda game.

Top Bottom