• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikablu

It has really depended on the title with a combination how many copies were allotted. With the lower print numbers, they sold out very quick and you needed to be there when sales opened. It also depends on which platform you are looking to buy for. Vita has been selling out more quickly.

With Oddworld and Octodad, which have had higher print runs, they’ve lasted at least a day. Octodad is two days now (with only the PS4 version).

The best thing to do is be there when the sales open up to give your best chance for a copy. And even then, if it’s a very popular title/low print run, there have been some people who were there at opening and didn’t get a copy. But keep in mind that LRG has been doing two batches. First batch usually at 10 a.m. EST and the other at 6 p.m. So if you miss the first one, and they sell out, then you can try and get your copy at the second batch. And it’s normally been the case that the 2nd batch doesn’t sell out quite as fast.

Thanks for the info. I will definitely be awake at 10am and 6pm so thats good.

We had a meeting with Sony at E3 and they confirmed we have more games about to be published with them than any other publisher right now. Granted they are small runs, but that was still pretty cool to hear and see the list on a giant screen with 15 Sony executives surrounding us.

We had a meeting with Sony at E3 and they confirmed we have more games about to be published with them than any other publisher right now. Granted they are small runs, but that was still pretty cool to hear and see the list on a giant screen with 15 Sony executives surrounding us.

have you considered asking Sony if they would release their PS2 PS4 re releases as physical games?

dallow_bg

nods at old men

LRG

The #1 Vita publisher.

Shizuka

Vita: Eat your heart out, Idea Factory International and Warner Brothers with your Lego games!

That's awesome! Keep up the great work!

Shizuka

If LRG sticks with two games per month and they have over 50 games signed already, we have games for the next year or so guaranteed. With the pace of signing games, we'll keep buying two games per month for the next three of four years.

If LRG sticks with two games per month and they have over 50 games signed already, we have games for the next year or so guaranteed. With the pace of signing games, we'll keep buying two games per month for the next three of four years.

Man, I'm going to have to drop off the PS4 releases. Way too many to keep unless it's something special. But I'll pick up every Vita release.

Speaking of Vita, I'm super tempted to get a copy of Breach & Clear from eBay.

t26

We are getting 4 games in July so they can speed things up

Shizuka

Man, I'm going to have to drop off the PS4 releases. Way too many to keep unless it's something special. But I'll pick up every Vita release.

Speaking of Vita, I'm super tempted to get a copy of Breach & Clear from eBay.

That's what I plan on doing, just buying the Vita versions and keeping a Vita complete collection. As much as I have a PS4 and play PS4 games sometimes, I don't even buy games for it lately.

We are getting 4 games in July so they can speed things up

Three, actually, if you count the games and not SKUs. Two, if you take into account that Xeodrifter would've been released in June when only one game was released for the month.

That's what I plan on doing, just buying the Vita versions and keeping a Vita complete collection. As much as I have a PS4 and play PS4 games sometimes, I don't even buy games for it lately.

With PS4, I live in fear of the disc drive crapping out. I already have discs eject themselves when system gets too hot. So I've mainly gone digital for consoles. My physical games are just for Wii U, 3DS and Vita.

meppi

Something just popped into my mind.
You know what I would love to see?
Physical copies for the Pinball Arcade, perhaps 1 season per cart.
We already got season 1 and 2 on PS4, but especially with the way the licensing works on these tables, it would be fantastic to have them all be preserved on physical copies.

That's pretty awesome.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
John Hardin, PR Manager for Atlus/Sega USA, seemed to imply that it was "impossible" for reasons unspecified. Hopefully LRG will keep pressing the demand enough to make it a possibility or someone spills the beans over why it couldn't become a reality at the very least.

Reminds me of the reason behind Persona 2: EP, except PS3 copies are still being made and sold.

Shizuka

Hey guys, what are the games you've been holding out on buying hoping it'll get a LRG release one day? I see several people waiting on several titles because of LRG now, but I just have one title at the moment: Atelier Sophie (Vita). I'll probably get it when it goes on sale for $20 or less, but if not for LRG and every other hint at the Atelier series, I'd have probably bought the game by now.

Hey guys, what are the games you've been holding out on buying hoping it'll get a LRG release one day? I see several people waiting on several titles because of LRG now, but I just have one title at the moment: Atelier Sophie (Vita). I'll probably get it when it goes on sale for $20 or less, but if not for LRG and every other hint at the Atelier series, I'd have probably bought the game by now.
Ray Gigant is probably the big one for me. Same here, 50% sale would convince me, but otherwise I'll wait

MrHoot

as a vita owner, LRG and the likes (for example fangamer doing a shovel knight physical for vita) is the best thing that could happen to me and my little console.

Really hoping for a Caligula limited edition as that would be the absolute bomb

dallow_bg

nods at old men

I waited for Shovel Knight just in case. Even though I knew there was almost no chance.
Wasn't LRG but it happened.

Now I'm waiting for Severed.

Atelier is probably one of the biggest ones they could possibly get that I'd be interested in. Probably going to hold off till the end of the year and if we hear nothing on that front then I'll probably start buying the games while they're on sale. For indies I plan to get Soldner and CSH, while Axiom Verge is another that I'd pick up if they could get it.

Honestly haven't been interested in any of the releases so far and don't have too much I'd want outside of what I listed. Wasn't even that interested in Soldner until looking at some videos for it, that and Dariusburst doesn't seem to ever want to drop in price so figured I'd get something close to it. I was interested in Ray Gigant before it came out and ended up being the easiest of the drpgs, can't see myself paying $40+ for a game that I know I wouldn't get much enjoyment out of.

Jimm

Hmmm...

https://twitter.com/limitedrundoug/status/745787058329903104

Also, apparently there will be some bundle for sale in July which will include what's left of Breach & Clear.

I wonder if it's to do with Nintendo games... if so I hope they can somehow make US and PAL copies :/ Hypothetically speaking of course.

And I was holding off on Severed myself but caved and platinumed it haha. I'd still buy a LR version. Game was ace

Any Atelier game
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee
Severed

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/745821668547780608

htymBl6.jpg

Please make this happen, LRG! I would love to buy a physical version of REZ VR.

It's true, ;) not many, but some. We always hold some from the run for exchanges, promotions and other random reasons. The official print size is still true, just not all of them are for sale!

I'd love one of these since we can't get the game in Europe on Vita any other way (except making a US account I suppose, but I'd need a second Vita for that), but I'd imagine what's left will be gone in milliseconds.

Any chances of Transistor/Hotline Miami/Bastion? Think those are the ones I would personally be most interested in but I also imagine they are the sort of games that would sell out almost immediately...

EDIT: I see Transistor has been listed as a want by LRG. Should have searched first!

LaneDS

The Rez tweet lead me here, and I'm hoping that actually pans out. Even if it doesn't, pretty rad that this sort of thing is happening at all and happy to be made aware of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom