• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 Game Jam (New Create Mode Info)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I haven’t really played LBP in quite some time but I'm really excited for LBP3 and I just want to contribute some stuff that I feel could improve the game.

In order of importance:

• An option to arrange favorite games into folders no word on this yet
  • Split-screen support. Different starting positions would also be nice.Split-screen is unlikely, to keep framerate intact for PS3/PS4 parity (although separate screens can be done in online)
  • Sprint button. I believe this is one of Oddsock's specialties
  • Option to donate PSN credit to creators. Perhaps set a pretty low limit to prevent accidents. no word on this, but I think it's pretty unlikely.
  • Connected Hub-world. Despite the games being built around being connected I usually feel pretty disconnected when standing in my hub. I think a hub-world where everyone online is standing around together would be preferable to everyone starting in their own hub. It would also be cool if the "planet" theme was further expanded on. Perhaps everyone could have their own spaceship in which they "travel" to levels (from the above mentioned hub world). Pretty sure it's still just pods (which are sort of like ships to travel to levels, but not like Destiny or anything like that.
  • It would be cool to have the ability to design animations for your character (like dance-moves) While you can't completely build custom animations from the ground up, the new animation tweaker lets you use every single animation for every character in the game, and tweak/blend them for further finesse.
  • Some ninja stuff: Ability to throw ninja-stars, Zip-lines, Ninja ropes (like those in Worms). Seems like a thing better left to user generated content.
  • Make use of download-in-background stuff. Like instant load-times or perhaps an option to have some top-games downloaded automatically. no word on this yet. I don't know why top-down games would take any less time to load though, since they still use the same assets as side-scrolling levels
  • Teleportation ability (like portals perhaps). In the game in two forms, one preserving velocity, and the other simply taking you from one place to the other.
  • GIF trailers. No gifs, but on PS4 you can put together footage in sharefactory and attach that video to your level.
  • Recording of level creation. Perhaps time-lapses. Don't think there's anything built in, but if you want to record every second of your work in 15-minute increments, that's technically possible.

That's what I know about your questions.

Also, here's a bit more on the Animation tweaker. Incomplete info, but it's still something:

rialrees said:
I'll try and list all the animation groups I can remember, so you have an idea what I mean by groups. (Erm... I may get a few animations and their groups mixed up from my memory but hey, it's better than nothing)

Sackboy's animations:

Group: Core Animations

Some examples: Running, Walking, sitting, jumping, pushing, grabbing, etc

Group: Emotional

Some examples: Emotions - basic from level 1-3, neutral to emotion transition, emotion to neutral transition, and some other transitions I think, like happy straight to sad etc.

Group: Acrobatic

Some examples: Layer switching, fire deaths, erm... crikey, lots of jumping type stuff....... Step aerobics I dunno lol

Group: Blink

Examples..... erm... yeah there's just blink I think :D

Group: Speech

Examples..... Erm.... Phonetics. Like the mouth shapes for AA, EE, OH, ARGH, S, etc - manual lipsynch in other words.

Group: Powerup animations

All the powerups from LBP2, like grabinator etc - will be really handy on custom powerups, if you transmit the animation to the player

Some more I can remember, erm... swimming, climbing, the little mini animations for taking costume bits on and off, and the new characters have a lot of cute little ones too.

Add in to this list the start and end times, and the blend settings, and you have a huge potential pool of animations to choose from and fine tune.

Also, add in the fact that you can activate a character animator whilst a sackbot is acting. So you could have a sackbot sitting, whilst the arms are controlled by you recording an animation. Cool stuff!

Don't forget this picture for a bit of an overview on the groups and the type of stuff you can find in each group.

BxcvjIoCcAE-XFO.jpg:large

Also, the new physics tweaker lets you do selective collisions, which also can be applied to Sackbots, and by that measure, Sackboy and his friends

rialrees said:
the physics tweaker alters weight and collisions (which can be set to on, off, tagged objects only, or ignore tagged objects)

When I last played with it, you could alter some settings on a sackbot (i made one non collidable for example) but not sure about all the settings :)

I can imagine some really trippy levels using this.

Creaking

What I meant with download of "top-games" was that there could be an option to automatically download top-rated games to prevent long load times.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer all that.

Oh- whoops, I saw "top" "games" and "down"loaded and got top-down games. :p

Hopefully they'll have an improved net infrastructure to reduce load times overall, but small downloads using the built in features of PS3 and PS4 would be nice too. They've already got a queuing system on LBP.me. Having it actually download levels that you queue up seems like a natural extension of that feature.

Creaking

Neat, so they've got Spyro-style hubs. Didn't know that. Then again, the DC Comics level pack did something similar, so it's not too surprising.

Top Bottom