• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Logitech confirms a new wheel for PS4 - and reveals a new Xbox One contender too

But the dongle has the potential to be sold in much larger quantities, I think that's a positive for logitech.

The number of people with existing wheels that would be willing to pay 30-50 dollars to keep their wheel instead of shelling out a whopping 300dollars all the while when owning a perfectly working wheel could be several times more than the number of people in the same category that would agree to buying a 300 usd product.

Edit:

Oh, well then. I'm probably wrong, customers that already have a logitech wheel and are OK with the new wheel and the pricing is bordering on stupid. But we should be accustomed to this, the phone user crowd that "upgrade" their phone with a slightly better phone every year is already conditioned to accept such practices.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they could sell a $50-75 adapter that would do right by their previous customers. But looking at what they are asking for a gear driven wheel, they want to make some bank. They are assuming that their name pedigree will insure sales, and going off what Mascot said it will probably work.

Hell buying a non clubsport Fanatec wheel is even a better option, they are at least belt driven.

Top Bottom