• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Ty4on

Eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh

First question is newbie enough that it gets a pass for me but the other two don't do a whole lot. The 3rd one maybe a little more just because it's pure sheeping a veteran's opinion but that's it since it brought unneeded attention to themselves.

My return question is why do you think a Scum!Muffin/Sam would post these two posts? They're what is giving me Townie vibes on them and I just don't see a Scum Team writing off on making those posts.

I prodded Saw a bit on this because I felt like she could've been disingenuous about her read here, but I agree those linked posts look townie.

It's possible they just made it up or something, but it still looks very townie to me. It's a weird thing to make up and I can't quite see how it comes naturally from scum.

Sorian

Banned
Do you think Ouro is a scum team mate with FEP?

Obviously, that is pretty much all from the kitsune half of things. FEP's interaction with Ouro is a whole lot of nothing which could be scum ignoring each other or just tons of other things.

Darryl also is way off-base here. Like, it's fine that you're scum reading Muffin, I even see your point (although I'm pretty sure I disagree with you). But leaving burned earth left and right where people disagree with you is just stupid.

Muffin, question: How much experience do you have with online mafia on other sites?

Ty4on

I'm here. I'm lost.

FEP is doing all the wrong things. But kits... I mean, wouldn't Scum went in the Scum chat? Wouldn't she as a newbie maybe check the reads list back with her team? I'm really not sure about this train... She sounds legit frustrated that whatever she does isn't good enough for us. Would Scum show this as much?

Appeal to emotion is something some scum do.

My issue has been nothing has made me go "there I see a townie connection" and I do that sometimes when townies are cornered. I've tried to take a look at Just Mafia to see if it's just her playstyle and I'm struck by how much open she feels with her reads. Like she just posts comments here and there.

Appeal to emotion is something some scum do.

My issue has been nothing has made me go "there I see a townie connection" and I do that sometimes when townies are cornered. I've tried to take a look at Just Mafia to see if it's just her playstyle and I'm struck by how much open she feels with her reads. Like she just posts comments here and there.

Something inexperienced Scum do?

Darryl

Banned
I prodded Saw a bit on this because I felt like she could've been disingenuous about her read here, but I agree those linked posts look townie.

It's possible they just made it up or something, but it still looks very townie to me. It's a weird thing to make up and I can't quite see how it comes naturally from scum.

It could come from a position of being very aware of how your team is being read, which is consistent with my argument against Muffin, while also having an antagonistic spin on it which is also consistent with Muffin's tone/personality.

Ourobolus

Banned
Still not feeling great about this FEP lynch. There are too many weird posts and arguments from/to them that I can't imagine they wouldn't coordinate this a bit better.

Karkador

Banned
also why did we go to Sawrian instead of sticking to Mufsam

I feel much more strongly about the latter than I do the former

People are going in circles and it feels like a cascading cover-up.

And you know who is still ringleader of this circus? Ty4on, someone who has somehow gone under the radar yet again today. I am still really skeptical of his play-along tactics all throughout this game. This isn't just about the silly things like using the same phrasing as another player. Ty seems content to do a lot of gesturing and picking on easy targets.

Towniest:
Muffin1611 & Samuraischnecke

Townie:
TheExodu5 & Fireblend
CrimsonFist & Sophia
franconp & Dr. Worm
Verelios & WhereAreMahDragonz

Light town:
Fat4all/Sawneeks & Sorian
Xbro & Karkador
Natiko & Nomadic Sparks
Ourobolus & kingkitty

Uncertain:
TsuXna & Royal_Flush
StarSketch & SexyFish/CzarTim

Scum lean:
Darryl & nin1000

Scummiest:
kitsunelaine & flatearthpandas

They're a bit in flux, Darryl especially. Both of us like the way Darryl started against Sorian.

Response to Darryl that he's "higher up" the list (more Town) now that he's reconsidered.

That was was I posted in the boat, then afterwards discussed it with Trigger that you looked kinda townie with your first arguments before Fat's attack. I'm not quite sure how far up you are now, but you're higher up.

Now flops over to kitsune

Anywho

VOTE: kitsunelaine
Trigger got me to reread a bit and while kitsune came out slightly better it's not enough to make me vote for anyone else. I haven't read FEP as closely, but nothing feels like scum couldn't do it.

But now kitsune is slightly townier? You say they're in flux, but I think they're acting very differently; hardly comparable. I don't understand what you're saying.

However I read it, it's still pretty clear that Ty4on is playing around with accusations on two very easy targets. Fep & Kitsune are, frankly, stumbling and doing weird shit all day. Darryl & nin are playing okay (Darryl, anyway), but naturally have big targets on their back because they're abrasive.

I'm fine with a fep/kitsune flip at this point (more so them than Ouro/kitty). They HAVE been weird and shifty. I am curious to see their flip. It *might* help make some connections. But that's how this whole push just slides along without scrutiny.

At the end of the day, you've bundled two options that are vote-friendly, so that we kind of direct all our attention that way.

VOTE: Trigger

I know this might not go anywhere at this point, but I need to reiterate it again in case I'm not here to do it tomorrow.

Ty4on

Give yourselves at least 30 minutes. If kits is around, she'll be happy to drop the hammer herself, I'm sure. If not, anyone who trusts we're not a lynch bomb (i swear we aren't) should do it. Again, give yourselves time. Godspeed town. These last 30 minutes haven't been hopeless, I kind of believe in you, but i won't be around and want to throw it out since I'm leaving in the lead.

Why does a townie bring up the possibility of them being a lynch bomb?

Dr. Worm

Banned
Kark, I feel okay about you, but your "vote Ty4on" appeal would land a lot better for me if it wasn't pulled out at the final hour

Ty4on

I have kinda been on the sidelines, that's an ok accusation, but the way kitsune/FEP were brought up was a little weird. I'd think you'd struggle to want both of us lynched unless you're just voting for information.

Burbeting

Banned
darryl & nin1000 (2)
crimsonfist
sorian
muffin1611
samuraischnecke
ourobolus

crimsonfist & sophia (0)
natiko
nomadic sparks

trigger & ty4on (2)
karkador
nomadic sparks
natiko

xbro & karkador (1)
sawneeks
kingkitty
verelios
flatearthpandas

franconp & dr. worm (1)
sorian
kitsunelaine
xbro
ourobolus

verelios & wherearemahdragonz (0)
sophia

muffin1611 & samuraischnecke (1)
ourobolus
dr. worm
darryl

ourobolus & kingkitty (3)
muffin1611
nomadic sparks
nomadic sparks
sorian
flatearthpandas
sawneeks
flatearthpandas

kitsunelaine & flatearthpandas (5)
ty4on
franconp
sorian
wherearemahdragonz
crimsonfist
sophia

starsketch & czartim (0)
sorian

sawneeks & sorian (3)
ourobolus
flatearthpandas
flatearthpandas
flatearthpandas
darryl

Dr. Worm

Banned
What makes the least sense if you remember?

kit's posts still strike me as genuine, I guess. I feel like scum would've tried to withdraw from the bad read instead of doubling down on it

fep's "we're a PR!" thing does have me uneasy, I'll admit.

Darryl

Banned
Why does a townie bring up the possibility of them being a lynch bomb?

That would be really funny if they were actually a lynch bomb but I don't get the desire to be ironic coming from FEP who is clearly frustrated tonally and I doubt that is being faked regardless of alignment.

If they're scum, the motive here is to convince us that they're town and this would be a lie because then it would be basically a joke which I don't buy. So why did they make this lie up? They hoped we'd see it as outlandish and excessive, thus proving that they're town afterall? It sounds like frustrated town who has an experience with lynch bombs and wants to find another way to mic drop/stick it to the town that betrayed them.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Flush said something earlier about this being a situation where a broadly "ok" lynch candidate dies over a candidate with stronger feelings on both sides - I think that's what kitfep is

CrimSoph's vote there strikes me as a shitvote, if I'm being honest

Sophia

I'm here. I'm lost.

FEP is doing all the wrong things. But kits... I mean, wouldn't Scum went in the Scum chat? Wouldn't she as a newbie maybe check the reads list back with her team? I'm really not sure about this train... She sounds legit frustrated that whatever she does isn't good enough for us. Would Scum show this as much?

You were big on Verelios/Dragonz earlier, what happened to that?

And do you intend to drop a vote on anyone, given as it's near the end of the day phase?

Ty4on

That would be really funny if they were actually a lynch bomb but I don't get the desire to be ironic coming from FEP who is clearly frustrated tonally and I doubt that is being faked regardless of alignment.

If they're scum, the motive here is to convince us that they're town and this would be a lie because then it would be basically a joke which I don't buy. So why did they make this lie up? They hoped we'd see it as outlandish and excessive, thus proving that they're town afterall? It sounds like frustrated town who has an experience with lynch bombs and wants to find another way to mic drop/stick it to the town that betrayed them.

I haven't thought about that last one. He seems frustrated, no doubt, but he doesn't seem that frustrated. Like some townies just wanna call quits and claim scum.

Darryl

Banned
I haven't thought about that last one. He seems frustrated, no doubt, but he doesn't seem that frustrated. Like some townies just wanna call quits and claim scum.

Well, he made a pretty daring reference to throwing scum team mates or whatever under the bus on the last page. Seems like something someone would say if they were getting really irritated.

Kark has a point. Ty4on is sticking out negatively for not sticking out at all recently.

You know, I read this second paragraph 4 times now and I still don't know what you want to tell us.

Burbeting

Banned
darryl & nin1000 (2)
crimsonfist
sorian
muffin1611
samuraischnecke
ourobolus

crimsonfist & sophia (0)
natiko
nomadic sparks

trigger & ty4on (2)
karkador
nomadic sparks
natiko

xbro & karkador (1)
sawneeks
kingkitty
verelios
flatearthpandas

franconp & dr. worm (1)
sorian
kitsunelaine
xbro
ourobolus

verelios & wherearemahdragonz (0)
sophia

muffin1611 & samuraischnecke (0)
ourobolus
dr. worm
darryl

ourobolus & kingkitty (3)
muffin1611
nomadic sparks
nomadic sparks
sorian
flatearthpandas
sawneeks
flatearthpandas

kitsunelaine & flatearthpandas (5)
ty4on
franconp
sorian
wherearemahdragonz
crimsonfist
sophia

starsketch & czartim (0)
sorian

sawneeks & sorian (4)
ourobolus
flatearthpandas
flatearthpandas
flatearthpandas
darryl
dr. worm

Verelios

I kinda hate 3 EST day end because it's a scramble to get in.

On that note, are you threatening us From? Because what the fuck?

You were big on Verelios/Dragonz earlier, what happened to that?

And do you intend to drop a vote on anyone, given as it's near the end of the day phase?

Vere/Dragonz isn't happening today. i didn't push it because i generally wasn't around much.

Of course I'll vote but I'm having a paranoia attack rn. Like everyone looks scummy as fuck as soon as I start reading their posts. Argh!

Verelios

On one hand, Kitsune has been all over the place today, on the other...we got some scum reads on them I'm not sure are genuine.

Darryl

Banned
Kark has a point. Ty4on is sticking out negatively for not sticking out at all recently.

You know, I read this second paragraph 4 times now and I still don't know what you want to tell us.

If FEP is a scum-aligned player, the motive behind making a post joking about being a lynch bomb would be to convince us that they're town. I believe they are frustrated tonally, thus negating the possibility that this is an ironic joke made in self-awareness of them actually being a lynch bomb. Because of that, I don't think they're actually a lynch bomb whatsoever. As scum, this line would be thrown in persuasively to convince us that they're town. If it's persuasive, the line must be an attempt at persuasion by being too outlandish and excessive to be scum. The alternative explanation, assuming they're town, is that they're frustrated with a prior history of lynch bombs and they want to find another way to vent their frustration at town before they get lynched. I think this explanation is simpler and more realistic.

Top Bottom