• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Ty4on

Not sure about scum Darryl anymore, he was voting Kitsune at the end of day 1, and if Sorian had voted Kitsune rather than Orb, that train would have had a decent chance of gaining steam.
Darn, completely tunneled and forgot about that vote 😅

That's an odd change of heart so totally

Ourobolus

Banned
I'll try to get some reads up soonish - out and about at the moment. Now that we have a scum flip I can go back and make some more educated assumptions.

Sophia

I don't think Ouro is scum ._.

His early game interactions with FEP don't look w/w

My current leanings is that one of Flush and Darryl are scum, but I don't think both. Feels a biiit easy tho.

Traveling so until tomorrow afternoon Europe time my activity will be spotty. Don't quite know how busy my schedule will be tomorrow as I'm meeting siblings.

I guess an Ouro turbo isn't that bad, but I don't like mislynches and don't have a clear team rn should Ouro flip town.

Thing about Flush that bothers me is how hard he went in at the start of Day 2 on Verelios (now confirmed town), only to turn around and not even try to vote for him. He then tossed his vote on Sorian and Sawneeks right at the end with very little justification for it.

franconp

Might be the best time to do so since they are apparently silenced.

So? Why should we rush the lynch? What can we gain from that?

I'm against a turbo until everyone checks out and post some more and will remove my vote if we get close to that.

Natiko

Banned
I don't think Ouro is scum ._.

His early game interactions with FEP don't look w/w

My current leanings is that one of Flush and Darryl are scum, but I don't think both. Feels a biiit easy tho.

Traveling so until tomorrow afternoon Europe time my activity will be spotty. Don't quite know how busy my schedule will be tomorrow as I'm meeting siblings.

I guess an Ouro turbo isn't that bad, but I don't like mislynches and don't have a clear team rn should Ouro flip town.
I have a hard time believing Darryl/nin are scum. Nin had a chance to tie the vote yesterday and instead pushed kit two votes ahead.

I'm generally anti turbos unless we know and even then I'm kinda spotty on them myself.

Here's why I suspect Ourokitty myself:

Kitty's reads are extensive but aren't really much but generalities and observations. Summary. Kitty said himself that sometimes scum will post big reads to try to look busy but the content isn't there.

Ouro himself has continually only repeated the same things he said day one. "rethink my reads" today is the only thing that's new, and it's forced by the fepsune flip.

What I'm saying is that neither one appears to be scumhunting. That to me is more damning than Ouro's defense of kits, which seems pretty obvious for scum, frankly, but the other things had my radar prickling as I caught up long before anything else.

Now, I'm just coming in, Ty, but curious why you'd think maybe my buddy was appearing scummy? Darryl/nin is an interesting case. I often read Darryl as scum because Darryl and nin has been very weird, but Darry's said a few things this game that really strike me as frustrated townie. I'll pull them in a bit - I still have approximately 87000 tabs open from reading it all.
I generally am not huge on turbos either but do recall this same waffling about voting people out led to everyone talking themselves out of lynches in Pineapple Pizza Mafia to the point that the game was extended by like two phases than it should have been iirc.

Natiko

Banned
Monkey, if I was scum, why on earth would I stick my neck out for a couple of, essentially, goons
If you were town and had a PR that, by your own admission, was "a waste" of a theoretical scum roleblock then why would you do so little of worth over two days phases and then still show up to day three with minimal thoughts🤔

Ourobolus

Banned
If you were town and had a PR that, by your own admission, was "a waste" of a theoretical scum roleblock then why would you do so little of worth over two days phases and then still show up to day three with minimal thoughts🤔
Is it a waste if I'm getting roleblocked and, thus, a cop/doc/Tracker or something isn't?

Sorian

Banned
Monkey, if I was scum, why on earth would I stick my neck out for a couple of, essentially, goons

Also, to address this point since you keep trying to downplay it and people might be letting you. Loved equals goons? Really. Are we ignoring the utility of having a loved scum in a lylo/mylo situation?

Ty4on

Now, I'm just coming in, Ty, but curious why you'd think maybe my buddy was appearing scummy? Darryl/nin is an interesting case. I often read Darryl as scum because Darryl and nin has been very weird, but Darry's said a few things this game that really strike me as frustrated townie. I'll pull them in a bit - I still have approximately 87000 tabs open from reading it all.
My man, ehm woman
One day I'll make a machine with 64GB RAM and it'll be glorious for mafia.

Anyway, much of it is process of elimination, PoE. I have less reason to believe Flush is town than most other players. I should check over D1 more closely (haven't had that much time lately).
He came into the end of D2 almost looking like he wanted to save kitsune and looking at the votes they certainly seem savable.

Ourobolus

Banned
Also, to address this point since you keep trying to downplay it and people might be letting you. Loved equals goons? Really. Are we ignoring the utility of having a loved scum in a lylo/mylo situation?
A passive role that requires a majority to be useful, in a game where you can be lynched by plurality anyway...yes

Natiko

Banned
Is it a waste if I'm getting roleblocked and, thus, a cop/doc/Tracker or something isn't?
I don't have any clue what you even are so I have no idea. Clearly though you value your theoretical PR less than the ones mentioned, so in your mind as the person with more info you feel it is not an inherently strong PR. Given that, what was your goal with your play thus far? To live so that your middling PR can do whatever it does while you put little effort into solving?

Ty4on

Kingkitty has easily been the more useful half of that pair the whole game though.
His read lists are nice I guess, but I can't read more than three lines and just see he's suspicious of most players.

Ouro is abrasive and fights with other players

Sorian

Banned
A passive role that requires a majority to be useful, in a game where you can be lynched by plurality anyway...yes

2 days is a long time when it's only 3 pairs left. They effectively can't end the day early on the correct lynch and loved is typically given to town roles. Sounds a lot more useful than a goon.

Ourobolus

Banned
I don't have any clue what you even are so I have no idea. Clearly though you value your theoretical PR less than the ones mentioned, so in your mind as the person with more info you feel it is not an inherently strong PR. Given that, what was your goal with your play thus far? To live so that your middling PR can do whatever it does while you put little effort into solving?

Were you playing to avoid a night kill initially due to being a pr, but you're being ok being roleblocked then? This sounds really odd
You two gave me the idea when you publicly debated my PR-ness. Be scummy enough to not get night killed, and while scum knows I'm not on their team, they may think I'm a useful PR that will get lynched due to my apparent scumminess and the fact that I am neutered due to their roleblock.

It's useful, but I'm not a cop or a doc (and I don't know if those even exist).

I generally am not huge on turbos either but do recall this same waffling about voting people out led to everyone talking themselves out of lynches in Pineapple Pizza Mafia to the point that the game was extended by like two phases than it should have been iirc.
I dunno if you're saying I waffle, but sure, yeah, if I'm not even 50%, I prefer to explore and talk. That's me; you do you. To me, it's a talking game. In this situation, though? I feel relatively confident that either Ourokitty is scum or the flip will help us find out who is.

So, from a fresh perspective, here's how I see things:

Ty I've really gone back and forth on through the game - at first I had some real questions but the fact that he pushed kits both days makes me feel pretty certain he's town. I could be wrong; maybe it was the bus from hell to build cred because endgame scumTy would be a strong play, but it seems like a stretch. So I say TyTrigger is probably town.

VereAreMahDragonz I was also a little sketchy about - their votes were the only things that made them suspect to me, though. Other than that, I felt town. Flush and I discussed that a bit while I re-read because he'd had some different feels. But it's moot now. RIP, my unsexed beauties.

I've learned to be suspicious of Sawneeks because she plays off being fake town beautifully, with lots of leading questions and fake reads that look super town. Sorian is hard to read in general. If Ourokitty flips town, I'd look hard here.

Natiko/Nomadic - I'm null here. Natiko going in on Sophia was not a good look, frankly, and Nomadic is impossible to read, but I'm really not sure. I doubt scumNatiko would chase Sophia so obviously, but I expect more insight from townNatiko so for now, under watch.

CzarSketch -I haven't played with either of them but this much silence this long is suspect to me, as was StarSketch's reasoning for the "random" Dr. Fran read. That whole exchange around it was suspicious as hell. I don't care if it's within meta for Star; it was weird. And part of me wonders if while kits and then fep was out getting in the shit, the rest of scum would distance themselves or go quiet.

Schmuffin - I agree with their analysis on the silencing but they've definitely had some weird moments - more defensive than scum hunting. But I wonder if that's newbie play. I'm not even really new anymore but I do find myself getting called out or pushed over things that feel totally reasonable to me that just aren't standard GAFia meta. I'm concerned that my sympathy for that may prevent me from getting a good read so I'd call them slightly suspect right now. Again, an Ouro flip would be revealing here. I do wonder at the odds of a pair of newbies as scum when kits was also scum in her second game.

xKark I read as town because I just don't have any reason to think they're scum other than yesterday's votes.

DrFran to me seems to be standard Dr. Fran. Pushing, looking for openings, developing ideas. I wouldn't be shocked if scum but with their positions in conflicts thus far, I'd say town.

CrimsonSophia seems town to me as well but the more I look back over things, they seem to be skirting the edges and not engaging as much as I think they might be. In light of the night kill, I may have to re-read. (Did I skip a team? I feel like I did....)

Which leads me to my question:

Why the night kills we've seen so far? Yes, it's speculation, but Fireblend/Exo seemed odd and if I'd had a guess last night, Vere/Dragonz wouldn't have been near contenders for the NK.

Ourobolus

Banned
2 days is a long time when it's only 3 pairs left. They effectively can't end the day early on the correct lynch and loved is typically given to town roles. Sounds a lot more useful than a goon.
Yeah but you have to ensure they get to MyLo. FEP/Kitsune were already under suspicion, and if I was in scum's shoes I'd take the hit rather than worry about exposing myself

Sorian

Banned
If you're scum nin in that situation do you make that potentially deciding vote? That would show more foresight and thought than nin has particularly shown this game given his frequent absence.

If you are scum Darryl do you yell at nin in thread to not vote there? Nothing about their play has made tons of sense.

That is a good question but an equally good question is why wouldn't you evolve your opinions at all until today - and even now, you don't seem to be doing so? Isn't it pro-town to want to adjust your reads to take new info into account so even if you get lynched, town gets good info from you before you go? Instead you're cagey.

id I skip a team? I feel like I did....)

Why the night kills we've seen so far? Yes, it's speculation, but Fireblend/Exo seemed odd and if I'd had a guess last night, Vere/Dragonz wouldn't have been near contenders for the NK.

Fire was fairly town read, and Vere/Dragonz were basically confirmed due to Dragonz's argument with Kitsune on day 1

Ty4on

They make a lot of sense to be in retrospect. Dragonz vs kitsune really didn't look scum v scum

Sorian

Banned
Fire was fairly town read, and Vere/Dragonz were basically confirmed due to Dragonz's argument with Kitsune on day 1

I was planning to come into today mentioning that I still thought Dragonz and kitsune's argument sounded manufactured and I'd look there next after Ouro.

:(

Ourobolus

Banned
That is a good question but an equally good question is why wouldn't you evolve your opinions at all until today - and even now, you don't seem to be doing so? Isn't it pro-town to want to adjust your reads to take new info into account so even if you get lynched, town gets good info from you before you go? Instead you're cagey.
What? I had different reads along the way. Some the same, some not. We only had Town flips until yesterday, and Town flips aren't nearly as useful (though still useful) as scum flips.

And I said I'd get some reads up for today, I'm just out at the moment and am not gonna sift through the thread on my phone

They make a lot of sense to be in retrospect. Dragonz vs kitsune really didn't look scum v scum

I think it's easy to say that in retrospect as you say. I was reading it that way too because I always had that perspective, but it's also kinda free of content and I could totally see how it could have been farming townie cred, especially since Vere/Dragonz kinda helped make the d1 lynch go.

All right, I'm probably out for a bit but I'm curious to see some other checkins and I'm happy to have made it into the game even if I had to go in on my frenemy Ouro right off.

Sorian

Banned
THE POWER OF THE SCUMFLIP

image.php

Ty, FEP's bus slip actually appears to be an actual flip. It said "throwing Ouro under the bus". In addition, Ouro wanted to turn us around on FEP by promoting his PR claim. As if Gafia Scum didn't have a reputation of fakeclaiming when the outlook is dire and if he didn't exactly know this.

Thing about Flush that bothers me is how hard he went in at the start of Day 2 on Verelios (now confirmed town), only to turn around and not even try to vote for him. He then tossed his vote on Sorian and Sawneeks right at the end with very little justification for it.
I didn't know anything anymore. The general mood was on kits so I tried to pull a sorian(tm) by bringing the vote close to a tie (ironically that meant voting to Sorian). Like how he did at the end of D1. Made sense to me. I did the thing seemed most correct in a scenario where I had no clue which of the presented lynch options looked scummiest to me.

I really thought kits might just be a frustrated newbie despite FEP being panicking in all the wrong ways.

I still didn't get over fat's performence in addition to Sorian's weird restrain this game still itches me the wrong way.

Ouro and Kingkitty have been held afloat by kingkitty alone.

Three options to pick, and I didn't know who was best. So making the vote less clear to force more players to vote seemed correct.

Natiko

Banned
You two gave me the idea when you publicly debated my PR-ness. Be scummy enough to not get night killed, and while scum knows I'm not on their team, they may think I'm a useful PR that will get lynched due to my apparent scumminess and the fact that I am neutered due to their roleblock.

It's useful, but I'm not a cop or a doc (and I don't know if those even exist).
So you're claiming you went to a whole extra level of planning here and played scummy to attract scum's attention as they know you aren't scum all to take the heat off theoretical better PRs? If that's the case, why not come more prepared to D3 especially knowing you're going to be widely scumread? Instead it seems like you're just hoping to keep up the ambivalence hoping we'll get distracted at some point and move elsewhere.
I dunno if you're saying I waffle, but sure, yeah, if I'm not even 50%, I prefer to explore and talk. That's me; you do you. To me, it's a talking game. In this situation, though? I feel relatively confident that either Ourokitty is scum or the flip will help us find out who is.

So, from a fresh perspective, here's how I see things:

Ty I've really gone back and forth on through the game - at first I had some real questions but the fact that he pushed kits both days makes me feel pretty certain he's town. I could be wrong; maybe it was the bus from hell to build cred because endgame scumTy would be a strong play, but it seems like a stretch. So I say TyTrigger is probably town.

VereAreMahDragonz I was also a little sketchy about - their votes were the only things that made them suspect to me, though. Other than that, I felt town. Flush and I discussed that a bit while I re-read because he'd had some different feels. But it's moot now. RIP, my unsexed beauties.

I've learned to be suspicious of Sawneeks because she plays off being fake town beautifully, with lots of leading questions and fake reads that look super town. Sorian is hard to read in general. If Ourokitty flips town, I'd look hard here.

Natiko/Nomadic - I'm null here. Natiko going in on Sophia was not a good look, frankly, and Nomadic is impossible to read, but I'm really not sure. I doubt scumNatiko would chase Sophia so obviously, but I expect more insight from townNatiko so for now, under watch.

CzarSketch -I haven't played with either of them but this much silence this long is suspect to me, as was StarSketch's reasoning for the "random" Dr. Fran read. That whole exchange around it was suspicious as hell. I don't care if it's within meta for Star; it was weird. And part of me wonders if while kits and then fep was out getting in the shit, the rest of scum would distance themselves or go quiet.

Schmuffin - I agree with their analysis on the silencing but they've definitely had some weird moments - more defensive than scum hunting. But I wonder if that's newbie play. I'm not even really new anymore but I do find myself getting called out or pushed over things that feel totally reasonable to me that just aren't standard GAFia meta. I'm concerned that my sympathy for that may prevent me from getting a good read so I'd call them slightly suspect right now. Again, an Ouro flip would be revealing here. I do wonder at the odds of a pair of newbies as scum when kits was also scum in her second game.

xKark I read as town because I just don't have any reason to think they're scum other than yesterday's votes.

DrFran to me seems to be standard Dr. Fran. Pushing, looking for openings, developing ideas. I wouldn't be shocked if scum but with their positions in conflicts thus far, I'd say town.

CrimsonSophia seems town to me as well but the more I look back over things, they seem to be skirting the edges and not engaging as much as I think they might be. In light of the night kill, I may have to re-read. (Did I skip a team? I feel like I did....)

To the first part - it's not just you but something that plenty of us have allowed to happen in plenty of games. Look at how often the lynches are only decided in the last thirty minutes and how often it falls on someone that wasn't even in contention before. I'm not saying we should turbo him in this very moment, more just saying we should be cautious to not just let this fall to the wayside.

As for the last part - D1 feels more like killing someone that wasn't really being scumread by EOD but who is unlikely to attract town PRs. D2 feels like them looking at the groups most likely to be town read due to confrontations with kit and taking out the one less likely to attract town PRs yet again.

Natiko

Banned
If you are scum Darryl do you yell at nin in thread to not vote there? Nothing about their play has made tons of sense.
No, I don't think I do. I already said I don't think they're scum. Was responding to Worm playing Devil's Advocate against my thoughts on them.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Speaking of Schmuffin, I did like how FEP soured on me once I was going after them

I also like how certain scum Ouro kept a scumreads on them that was reciprocated, and neither panned out either way

Finally, I like how their timezones works out to my theory that scum wasn't around to organize the counter vote

Ourobolus

Banned
Ty, FEP's bus slip actually appears to be an actual flip. It said "throwing Ouro under the bus". In addition, Ouro wanted to turn us around on FEP by promoting his PR claim. As if Gafia Scum didn't have a reputation of fakeclaiming when the outlook is dire and if he didn't exactly know this

Yeah when FEP said that I immediately thought, "welp, I'm fucked if he flips scum."

So you're claiming you went to a whole extra level of planning here and played scummy to attract scum's attention as they know you aren't scum all to take the heat off theoretical better PRs? If that's the case, why not come more prepared to D3 especially knowing you're going to be widely scumread? Instead it seems like you're just hoping to keep up the ambivalence hoping we'll get distracted at some point and move elsewhere.

It's really more of an organic planning process. I didn't know there was a roleblocker but I mentioned it to kitty after Czar and Sketch never mentioned anything on D2, so I knew I had to at least entertain the possibility.

And please tell me how you come to a day preparing to be scumread having no results from your PR and nothing really else to go on? Either you lynch me or you don't.

Ty4on

Speaking of Schmuffin, I did like how FEP soured on me once I was going after them

I also like how certain scum Ouro kept a scumreads on them that was reciprocated, and neither panned out either way

Finally, I like how their timezones works out to my theory that scum wasn't around to organize the counter vote
Why do both of them vote Darryl tho?

Ourobolus

Banned
hey_monkey[/QUOTE said:
did you, though? Your pushes on Schmuffin felt manufactured from the jump and you held the pro-kits line even when she was blowing up.

okay, peace out for real, I swear

Yes god forbid I am just having a bad game reading people. So nefarious.

Top Bottom