• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LttP: Japanese 3DS LL

Yeah... I got swung in myself:

iRveFcuaA2STw.jpg

JP Tomodachi Life
EU Luigi Anniversary
US No Frills Bluey

*shakes fist at Nintendo*

Your top JP eshop priority (as was mine) must be:

ibgIP1BTTXAuXH.jpg

An absolute crime it still hasn't been released in other regions.

WTF why isn't that out in the US also that nintendo soccer game that's out in EU why not USSSSSSSS

Futaba

I really, really wish they would allow language options on the japanese consoles
Still, love my Monster Hunter 3DSLL

Zornica

Banned
If anyone is interested in playing Daigasso P, I got a free trial code:

just download it and join the OT ;)

The "demo" is pretty complex and comes with 15 tomatoes, single- and multiplayer capability.

If the code doesn't work for some reason, PM me, I got more ;)

A05H-WLTF-1W7E-N9SC

Drago

If anyone is interested in playing Daigasso P, I got a free trial code:

just download it and join the OT ;)

The "demo" is pretty complex and comes with 15 tomatoes, single- and multiplayer capability.

If the code doesn't work for some reason, PM me, I got more ;)

A05H-WLTF-1W7E-N9SC
Downloading! Thanks :D

kubus

so, how's the japanese 3DS OT coming along?
do we need anything?
I'm working on it, finished a Club Nintendo translation guide yesterday. Not sure when it's ready to go up, I'm trying to make it as informative as possible and I keep adding things haha.

I really can't think of a OT title so if anyone has a good idea, go ahead and pitch in!

georly

I'm working on it, finished a Club Nintendo translation guide yesterday. Not sure when it's ready to go up, I'm trying to make it as informative as possible and I keep adding things haha.

I really can't think of a OT title so if anyone has a good idea, go ahead and pitch in!

Oh wonderful! I'll subscribe when it's up. Link to it here when it's done, in case I miss it. :)

Zornica

Banned
[...]

I'm still in favour of distributing copies of daigasso. so maybe it should reflect that
But it should also point out how different the japanese system is compared to the other regions systems...
Something like:
"Japanese 3DS OT | the ultimate 3DS Nintendo doesn't want you to have"
or
"Books, Movies and Music on the eShop? What is this madness?"
or maybe
"Join the dark Side, we got free Games"

kubus

Oh wonderful! I'll subscribe when it's up. Link to it here when it's done, in case I miss it. :)
Will do!
I'm still in favour of distributing copies of daigasso. so maybe it should reflect that
But it should also point out how different the japanese system is compared to the other regions systems...
Something like:
"Japanese 3DS OT | the ultimate 3DS Nintendo doesn't want you to have"
or
"Books, Movies and Music on the eShop? What is this madness?"
or maybe
"Join the dark Side, we got free Games"
Haha I like those! I agree that it should point out the differences between the systems, so I just came up with this one:

"Not the same games. Not the same content."

Pretty happy with it as it's also a jab at/reference to Reggie's famous quote :p

XL for you baka gaijins.

I've never bought the same system twice. Well, I guess GB and GB Pocket were the same, but I didn't have my GB at the time. I never bought the slim versions of PSX or PS2, never got the GB micro, and never got the DS Lite as I was content with my fat one (it was limited edition red!). However, my interest in getting a Japanese 3DS started when it was announced that Smash would come out in September 13th in Japan, but October 3rd in America. I AIN'T WAITING. I

I might as well get a XL/LL to see how it compared to my "classic" 3DS. I got the Japan-exclusive mint color.

3dsllmintwhitebig.jpg

So fresh, so clean, so minty.

I've played the 3DS XL before, but only at kiosks where you couldn't lift the thing. Now that I finally got one in my hands, I was afraid that I would kill someone with the sheer girth of this thing. It's like I'm holding an encyclopedia with movie screens on the inside. The gargantuan size of this thing kind of kills the portability, but playing these games on such a big screen is exciting and easier on the eyes. I've also noticed I don't have stigmata-esque imprints on my hands when using this. Although it's much bigger than the 3DS, it is very comfortable to use and doesn't feel heavy while playing. I do wish the buttons and d-pad were bigger, especially the d-pad. I was also disappointed to learn the battery life is only marginally better.

When I opened up the e-Shop, it felt like I wandered into a parallel world. Sales that weren't in the American 3DS e-shop. Games that hadn't come out yet overseas. GAMES I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW EXISTED. It was very overwhelming. I definitely want to spend time and peruse what it has to offer.

Overall it is an interesting version of the 3DS, with some good and bad features. The larger screens will certainly be useful for upcoming games, especially Smash. But I have some questions. What are some Japanese games available on the eShop that you recommend? I'm specifically looking for games that are exclusive to Japan currently. I already have Yokai Watch 2. Also can I use the same credit card as my American 3DS or should I use a different card?

Didn't op just waste money? I'll probably pick up a Japanese 3ds LL(the new one), and I'm glad I only invested in the American og ds.

Also, a bit offtopic for this thread, but I was positive I saw someone with a 3ds card case in this thread (looking back, can't find the post...), but does anyone have any suggestions for what a good one is (in which 3ds cards fit)? Preferably in the UK/Europe (so not the Club Nintendo one)

I personally use the 24 Card Cases by Hori. I usually buy the ones that have pokemon characters on the front.
I'm pretty sure Hori sells basic card cases on amazon. I have three of them filled. It fits my DS and 3DS games and seems pretty compact.

Edit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004K6LQAS/
I'm posting from my phone, so hopefully the amazon link is showing up fine.

I personally use the 24 Card Cases by Hori. I usually buy the ones that have pokemon characters on the front.
I'm pretty sure Hori sells basic card cases on amazon. I have three of them filled. It fits my DS and 3DS games and seems pretty compact.

Edit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004K6LQAS/
I'm posting from my phone, so hopefully the amazon link is showing up fine.

Cheers, I'll grab it then! I wasn't sure if it only fit a few 3ds cards, and the rest was regular DS cards...

Forkball

Didn't op just waste money? I'll probably pick up a Japanese 3ds LL(the new one), and I'm glad I only invested in the American og ds.

NO YOU WASTED MONEY

How was I supposed to magically guess a new 3DS with more RAM, a second stick, and more buttons was going to be announced a month after I bought this? Give me the benefit of the doubt!

A Japanese 3DS/N3DS is certainly a good investment if you are interested in some of the more obscure titles that will never make it to the West, especially the VC offerings.

Top Bottom