• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maajid Nawaz, Sam Harris & Joe Rogan have a chat. *Hint* It's pretty good.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
TTOOLL TTOOLL This is something special, yeah. It'd take all day here--more--to break down all the individual moments. Steven's having fun and playing games the whole time, but as honestly as he can. Just enough to keep his audience guessing a little, but always entertained, and his audience includes himself. Check that moment where he passes out snoring 40-something minutes in. Or was he playing? He even half-references it a few minutes later as part of a self-deprecating joke with a smile. He's firing on all cylinders, pages of notes with him, so that he doesn't stall out. At 70, any time might be the last time. <3

Edit: 1:10:00 or so, Steven notes a slight shake in Joe raising his coffee, sees it with his own lens and throws a playful gotcha at him that deflects back and forth in breezy volleys of mutual personal insight...that they're each smirking slyly for. They're both keen observers and storytellers, there's mutual respect and honesty but they're both playing mind games with each other the whole time too. Who's interviewing whom? Mmm. :D

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
This is something special, yeah. It'd take all day here--more--to break down all the individual moments. Steven's having fun and playing games the whole time, but as honestly as he can. Just enough to keep his audience guessing a little, but always entertained, and his audience includes himself. Check that moment where he passes out snoring 40-something minutes in. Or was he playing? He even half-references it a few minutes later as part of a self-deprecating joke with a smile. He's firing on all cylinders, pages of notes with him, so that he doesn't stall out. At 70, any time might be the last time. <3
I assume you are talking about the Steven Tyler interview that JRE had on the show yesterday. I didn't get a chance to watch it. Should be a good one.

Last edited:

Moneal

I just couldn't get into the Tyler interview. He was just too all over the place. Had some funny moments, like when Joe asked him a question and he spaced out and admitted to it. But those just aren't my kind of interviews.

Top Bottom