• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora is Nintendo's greatest villain

Jeeves

I always figured Great Bay Temple was only confusing if you're not paying attention. If anything I'd say Stone Tower is a more confusing dungeon -- not that I'm complaining, because it's the best one in the game.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Majora's Mask is one of the best instances of video games as art.

The entire premise and mechanics create feelings in the person playing the game in a way that no other medium could recreate.

Very cool thread. Some things about Majora's Mask doesn't sit well with me, but the setting and characters are just phenomenal.

Forkball

Neiteio said:
Can't believe the OP praised the villain of my all-time favorite game but forgot to post what he looked like before he was reduced to a mere mask:

Majora_(Manga).gif

Majora_manga.jpg

Majora's beast form, from the manga. As the legend goes, he ate every warrior who ventured into his realm to challenge him, until one warrior brought a pair of bongos (if I recall correctly) and played a beat that caused Majora to dance... and dance... and dance, until after 72 hours he collapsed of weariness and the warrior (the Fierce Deity) carved up Majora's carapace and made the mask, in which Majora's essence survived.

Meanwhile, the dance-to-death explains why Majora's Incarnation (the second form) dances all over the place, from the moonwalk to the can-can. It's a very cool origin story and one I wish they explored in the game proper. It would be cool to see Majora restored to his beast form in a future Zelda someday... Call him Majora's Hunger, since eating warriors is what he did. :)

Obviously not canon. The manga has a bunch of weird stuff in it that and has many scenes that are completely different from what was portrayed in the game.

The only thing really said about Majora in the game is that the mask was used by some ancient tribe for hexing rituals. His imagery appears in Stone Valley or whatever that place was called, and the last dungeon seems to be a temple dedicated to him. From that, many people assume he was some sort of powerful god or demon that was worshiped, but was sealed inside the mask.

If anyone wants to waste their Tuesday, I recommend reading this crazy in depth essay about the themes of Majora's Mask. A lot of it sounds fan-fictiony, but it's also plausible.

Neiteio

Forkball said:
Obviously not canon. The manga has a bunch of weird stuff in it that and has many scenes that are completely different from what was portrayed in the game.

The only thing really said about Majora in the game is that the mask was used by some ancient tribe for hexing rituals. His imagery appears in Stone Valley or whatever that place was called, and the last dungeon seems to be a temple dedicated to him. From that, many people assume he was some sort of powerful god or demon that was worshiped, but was sealed inside the mask.

If anyone wants to waste their Tuesday, I recommend reading this crazy in depth essay about the themes of Majora's Mask. A lot of it sounds fan-fictiony, but it's also plausible.
I just read the summary of the manga at the link, and it sounds amazing. Fits the events in the game perfectly, actually, with only some minor changes of the sort that really good book-to-film adaptations make (concessions to the format, in other words). Given this author was given license by Nintendo to do what he did, I have to think it's at least plausible it's canon. Also of note: Odolwa being Woodfall's god and demanding sacrifice from the Deku -- hence why he kidnapped their princess -- is a cool detail and just feels right given all his elaborate markings. I could go for more backstory on Goht (the mechanical bull with the face of a man) as he was my favorite of the bosses.

Terrific thread. I can't wait to play this game again, hopefully as a 3DS remake. And my friends and I have been talking for years about how badass it would be to have a new console Zelda game exploring the backstory of Majora and Fierce Deity. Given the timeframe of Skyward Sword I seriously hope those characters are incorporated

Cow Mengde said:
Manfloy isn't even that evil. His people were driven to hell became their ancestors once worshiped Loptous. The Yield desert was their hiding place. People there suffered, child died of starvation, all because of the sins of their ancestors many years ago. People from the Loptous cult were burned alive if they were found. Manfloy wasn't evil for the sake of evil.

You guys are also forgetting great villains like Trabant from Fire Emblem.

I don't know, he seems to take too much pleasure from the stuff he does. He seems like a really evil character to me. But I also think Alvis was a grade-A asshole.

Trabant was a really great and memorable villain, though. Your post is making me want to start FE5 up again, because I got stuck on chapter 4 half a year ago.

Woffls

Right, I'm going to play this again. I have a game save that's about half way through, so I think I'll just plough through the story and pay attention to the dialogue more towards the end. Not so keen on doing another 100% play-through at the moment, maybe when it's released on 3DS? :D I've got the manga as well, so I'll read that at the same time.

Outstanding game, and the atmosphere is simply unmatched to this day in my opinion. Take into account that a game can make you feel genuinely uncomfortable in such a strong way, then the fictional character responsible must be one mean bastard. Honestly, if the temples were better, this would be at least on par with that other game.

Some really brilliant responses, I really enjoyed the Earthbound and FE comments too.

Crunched said:
Wasn't Majora originally some kind of huge, obese monster? I remember a comic or something where he is "killed" and becomes the mask.

Neiteio said:
Can't believe the OP praised the villain of my all-time favorite game but forgot to post what he looked like before he was reduced to a mere mask:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/zelda/images/8/80/Majora_(Manga).gif

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090906092634/zelda/images/8/8e/Majora_manga.jpg

Majora's beast form, from the manga. As the legend goes, he ate every warrior who ventured into his realm to challenge him, until one warrior brought a pair of bongos (if I recall correctly) and played a beat that caused Majora to dance... and dance... and dance, until after 72 hours he collapsed of weariness and the warrior (the Fierce Deity) carved up Majora's carapace and made the mask, in which Majora's essence survived.

Meanwhile, the dance-to-death explains why Majora's Incarnation (the second form) dances all over the place, from the moonwalk to the can-can. It's a very cool origin story and one I wish they explored in the game proper. It would be cool to see Majora restored to his beast form in a future Zelda someday... Call him Majora's Hunger, since eating warriors is what he did. :)

Its an interesting backstory certainly, but being licensed from Nintendo does not canonise it. Captain N the Games Master was also licensed from Nintendo, and that certainly had no canon impact.

I actually would prefer this manga to be treated as a non-canon theory, and Majora's origins to be less clear. Given his power (to posess planetary bodies and pull them out of the sky and supreme corrupting sorcery), I imagine any specific explanation would be mundane.

McNum said:
Another comparison would be The Joker, except with superpowers. I mean, it's not hard at all to boil Majrora's motivations down to "for the lulz". Almost as if it doesn't know or care that anyone gets hurt by it, but dropping a moon on a town sounds like fun! Big boom! Even the lead-in to the fight against Majora has it still thinking it's just a game and it finally has a "bad guy" that's strong enough to be fun to play with.

Chavelo said:
Did the OP just compare Majora to the Batman's Joker?

The Joker comparison was not intended, but now I read through the post again I can really see it. Rather than specific origin stories for Majora, its tempting to think of him as a Joker-like force-of-nature, an agent of pure chaos. Subdued but never stopped.

Zeal said:
Ganon better

More words please.

wwm0nkey said:
As a kid to me it seems Majora though it was all a game. The end result being if we lose everyone dies and there is no continuing from that point. He seemed childish but I think that is what was really scary about it for me, treating the fate of the entire planet like a childrens game.

Its been awhile since I played it but thats what Ive though since I was a kid, could probably be wrong though since I havent played it in years.

EDIT: Also the way he dances and hops around in the final fight just made me think of a child and how he was clearly just treating the whole thing as a game.

Fimbulvetr said:
You forgot to mention that Majora has the mind of a child. Imagine if he/she/it was ever serious.

I interpret it a bit like the movie The Mask - the mask takes on qualities of his host (even after the detachment), and the new entity tries to consolidate their differing backstories into one.

Skull Kid backstory: A lonely child who runs away because his (Hyrule) friends will not play with him. He is bitter. He has a tantrum and runs away.

Majora (known) backstory: A demonic entity who tried to destroy Termina millenia ago (see the ancient carvings in the Stone Temple) only to be defeated by the four summoned giants and exiled from the realm (albeit temporarily).

Consolidated backstory internally invented by the new Majora-Skull Kid entity: A lonely child entity Majora tried to play with the giants but they do not play with him and cast him out.

If the mask, or another artifact of Majora fell into different hands, the resultant power and personality could be truly apocalyptic and very different.

SirPenguin said:
Saw this on another forum, but you know how you can use the observatory to look up at the moon? On the 1st and 2nd days it shows Skull Kid/Majora dicking around on the clock tower. He notices you, then mocks you by slapping his ass like a monkey before jumping away

On the 3rd day, he changes. The moment you look into the telescope he's staring at you, head cocked at an unnatural angle, twitching slightly. He doesn't even mock you, nor does he jump away. Just continues to stare and twitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tsu5kbcn7k

It's incredibly unsettling.

Jenga said:
No, that's what the Skull-kid wanted.

in my mind the real majora shows itself like when you see skull kid twitching at you , tightening its grip on the kid near the end making him become less trickster and more psychotic

as for bioware style "spiteful dick", imo that's just Skull-kid acting under the influence of Majora

I like the idea that the closer they get to the apocalypse, the more the entity asserts itself and dominates his hosts child behaviour. There are lines that a clearly child-like, and then there is the I WILL CONSUME EVERYTHING (the only use of full caps in the game) which seems to be the purest expression of the Majora creature.

SirPenguin said:
Majora's Mask is full of stuff like that. There's a ton of scenes I missed simply because I didn't even think to look for them. For instance, there's a scene that occurs if you rescued 1-3 of the giants, but not all of them. The giants you've freed still come and try to stop the moon...but they fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGzgBqi5qiU#t=1m55s

Holly shit I had no idea!

Green Scar said:
The Happy Mask Salesman was Majora's herald, he wanted to challenge Link after the events of OoT and pulled him into his fucked-up game.

At least, that's a possible explanation. If Majora is that evil it would make sense he'd want to fuck with the world's greatest hero just for the craic.

The Happy Mask Salesman, his disjointed movement and speech, his control over time and interdimensional manipulations confirm he is the Zelda version of Half-Life's G-Man. Reading his lines in the G-Man's voice is marvellous.

EatChildren said:
I always liked the idea that Ganondorf was to Majora as Sauron was to Morgoth.

It would be great if he was the main villain of Skyward Sword.

I like the idea that the Majora entity is leagues above Ganondof in demonic power.

A theory I've been bouncing about:

-Given Majora's almost-celestial power, he could be a creature on the same level as the three Goddesses that created the worlds. Some sort of universal personification of chaos.

-When the Goddesses created the bubble of life containing Hyrule, Termina and all related lands (As per the Hyrule origin story shown in OOT), this protected the people in it from Majora's direct interference.

-Dark artifacts that have been the focal point of atrocities can summon him back into the world. The Mask was used by a tribe in (if I recall correctly) hexxing and ritual human sacrifice. These ongoing acts made the mask a focal point that Majora could use to reenter the world.

-When Skull Kid stole the mask, Majora started as a little voice in his mind from the mask and enabled him with primitive magic (explaining the various mild magic 'pranks'). As time went on the voice grew to dominate and the magic became planet-destroying.

-When the mast detaches from Skull Kid, it acknowledges Link as a suitable challenger, and Majora's physical incarnation grows flesh out of the mask (its gateway into the world).

majroaaa.jpg

Note that if you look at the Majora's Wrath boss, and assume the purple colouring and symbols are a result of it retaining the patterns carved onto the mask, we can edit these out through a quick application of MS Paint. As you can might or might not agree, the result exhibits the most biblical Satanic design of anything in Zelda - Horns, talons, even Cthullu tentacles to borrow from another mythology.

-When defeated (the mask is destroyed), Majora has lost this entry point into the world. If another object picks up the chaos from atrocities or bloodshed, that could become another entry point.

(You could even expand this and suggest the Shadow Temple in Hyrule was a failed attempt to summon Majora through such atrocities, perhaps as a misguided attempt to win the wars that preceeded OOT).

Its all speculation of course, but its the way I like to interpret the character!

Neiteio said:
Who did these two incredible pieces of art?

EDIT: One step ahead there, Ivysaur. :)

Sorry should have posted the links with the OP:

http://kurkoboltsi.deviantart.com/art/MM-Fierce-Deity-VS-Majora-164494593
http://henskelion.deviantart.com/art/Majora-s-Wrath-179206359

sillik said:
Between this thread, and the "most creepy gaming moment" one it feels that certain fans of a certain company are blissfully ignorant/terribly shortsided when it comes to gaming experiences.

I really want you to come back and explain your patronising comment. Really, please do. I'm actually a "certain fan" of many companies.

You know what? I have high praise for the villains in System Shock 2 (never have I felt such directed contempt); Panzer Dragoon Saga (there's a strange alien logic to its motivations), Portal (present and yet an unknown, from beginning to end), Soul Reaver 2 (completely victorious), Braid (
himself
), Riven (magnificently eloquent), Eternal Darkness (true corruption of a human soul) and Killer 7 (many answers depending on what plane of the story - material, celestial or psychological - you are considering).

Blissfully ignorant, terribly-short sighted my arse.

In my opinion, Majora is outstanding. I don't need to repeat why, just read the OP. I've justified my comments, now justify yours.

apana

My guess is that Majora's Mask has some connections to the Twili tribe in Twilight Princess. They say that the mask was created by dark sorcerers or a dark tribe. I have the feeling that Majora is Termina's equivalent of the leader of the dark interlopers in Hyrule. In Skyward Sword we could possibly face Majora's Hyrulian equivalent.

Big One

Banned
apana said:
My guess is that Majora's Mask has some connections to the Twili tribe in Twilight Princess. They say that the mask was created by dark sorcerers or a dark tribe. I have the feeling that Majora is Termina's equivalent of the leader of the dark interloperes in Hyrule. In Skyward Sword we could possibly face Majora's Hyrulian equivalent.
But Majora's Mask DID come from Hyrule.

Well, it's very possible in the very least, since HMS is able to travel between both dimensions freely.

My guess is that Majora was some type of pagan god compared to the Fierce Deity's "God" status amongst the Dark Tribe. Fierce Deity is "God" and Majora is "Satan"

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
apana said:
My guess is that Majora's Mask has some connections to the Twili tribe in Twilight Princess. They say that the mask was created by dark sorcerers or a dark tribe. I have the feeling that Majora is Termina's equivalent of the leader of the dark interloperes in Hyrule. In Skyward Sword we could possibly face Majora's Hyrulian equivalent.
i hate you

Bob White

HOLY SHIT! I haven't checked the rest of the topic but I just remembered THIS...

inside-the-moon.png

To this DAY this creeps me out. I just cant stand silent/creepy calm in games. Shit just rattles my cage. That part at the end of ICO, on the beach, scary as fucking SHIT!

MM is fucking awesome. I never want to see a direct sequel or spin off or fucking anything. It's perfect.

mantidor

I can only support all this love for Majora's Mask, such an incredible game.

Gaming villains are all so cliche, mustache-twirling stereotypes, including Ganondorf, that very few stand out, I can only think of Karras from thief II as another original, uncommon gaming villain that can be truly disturbing.

The game is really grim, you are basically using masks of dead people around the world, most masks that are not from dead people are related to sad event in some way or another. However the game doesn't fall into "emo" territory and even manages to have some humor.

As I read somewhere else, it's such an unique game that I don't see how we can get another one like it outside the indie scene, most certainly Nintendo will never make a game like this ever again.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
This thread made me remember how amazingly awesome Majora's Mask was. What a game. Purchasing it on Virtual Console ASAP.

Duki

Banned
k one thing the op fucked up

the whole majoras plan is perfect thing. the plan wasnt perfect; the point was that in the end he was undone by his own sadism. he was himself responsible for sending link through termina, cos he wanted to fuck with him some more.

literally an obvious literary technique.

Dreavus

Duki said:
k one thing the op fucked up

the whole majoras plan is perfect thing. the plan wasnt perfect; the point was that in the end he was undone by his own sadism. he was himself responsible for sending link through termina, cos he wanted to fuck with him some more.

literally an obvious literary technique.
I don't know, I think its more Skull Kid as an individual who leads Link to Termina by stealing his horse and ocarina. Majora itself didn't really have anything to do with it - the mask didn't seem to have taken hold of him yet (he freely lifts it off his face to look around in the first scene). Of course, even that much is arguable, since Skull Kid could have been subtly influenced by Majora's will without him knowing it, even at that point.

Mama Robotnik said:
Majora isn't after power or world domination. He isn't motivated by revenge, conquest, bloodlust or greed. His goal is murder-suicide. He's going to kill every single creature in the world, himself included.

He gains no material benefit from these manipulations. He does it because its fun.

In realms outside of videogames, this is known as one-dimensional and shallow. Literature and (quality) films would giggle at this. Then again, if your lead actor plays a one-dimensional villain and dies of an overdose, he'll win an Oscar.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Freezie KO said:
Then again, if your lead actor plays a one-dimensional villain and dies of an overdose, he'll win an Oscar.
hurr

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Does anyone have a link (heh) to that piece about the symbolism of Majora's Mask, specifically Stone Temple Tower? Why can't I find it?

Nessus

Mama Robotnik said:
A theory I've been bouncing about:

-Given Majora's almost-celestial power, he could be a creature on the same level as the three Goddesses that created the worlds. Some sort of universal personification of chaos.

-When the Goddesses created the bubble of life containing Hyrule, Termina and all related lands (As per the Hyrule origin story shown in OOT), this protected the people in it from Majora's direct interference.

-Dark artifacts that have been the focal point of atrocities can summon him back into the world. The Mask was used by a tribe in (if I recall correctly) hexxing and ritual human sacrifice. These ongoing acts made the mask a focal point that Majora could use to reenter the world.

-When Skull Kid stole the mask, Majora started as a little voice in his mind from the mask and enabled him with primitive magic (explaining the various mild magic 'pranks'). As time went on the voice grew to dominate and the magic became planet-destroying.

-When the mast detaches from Skull Kid, it acknowledges Link as a suitable challenger, and Majora's physical incarnation grows flesh out of the mask (its gateway into the world).

I absolutely love the idea of the mask essentially being a portal through which Majora, a demigod, may enter Hyrule by way of Termina.

A new Zelda game could revisit this idea. His corruption has spread to Hyrule For the first part of the game you do the usual thing, dungeons and collecting powerful artifacts and so forth.

It's been centuries since Ocarina/Majora (I don't care about the time line at all, really, just put it in the distant past).

Since then Majora has again reasserted itself, reconstituted the mask, and spread throughout Termina, a Lovecraftian tumor suspended in the air over the city (which has grown in the intervening years), all originating from a singularity; the mask.

The city would be the final dungeon.

It'd be nice if Ganon were the fallguy/puppet for a change.

Kard8p3

Freezie KO said:
In realms outside of videogames, this is known as one-dimensional and shallow. Literature and (quality) films would giggle at this. Then again, if your lead actor plays a one-dimensional villain and dies of an overdose, he'll win an Oscar.

Stay classy.

Forkball said:

Hmm, if the stone tower is really meant to be the tower of babel, wouldn't it make more sense that the gods passed down the masks to the people, forcing them to hide their true selves, distort their opinions of others and change the way the looked at the world, thus making them unable to work together.

It might then be possible that the people of termina overcame the effects of these masks, and continued to build the tower.

This would make majora the messenger sent from the gods to cleanse the world of the heathens who've attempted to reach the heavens.

In realms outside of videogames, this is known as one-dimensional and shallow. Literature and (quality) films would giggle at this.
MM focused mainly on the Skull Kid when it came to characterization, and the Majora's Mask itself was a plot device.

Being such an extreme entity of evil, as MamaRobotnik went into detail on, really shows what you, the player are trying to stop and why your accomplishments matter so much in the end.

markot

Banned
I think I remember hearing that this game was originally meant to be made for the 64DD thingy, and that the other versions of link were meant to do what you did in previous attempts to save the world? So youd see yourself doing what you did before... if you know what I mean >.>?

I always though that would be really interesting, although maybe odd with 100 links running around town from a story/interaction point of view...

markot said:
I think I remember hearing that this game was originally meant to be made for the 64DD thingy, and that the other versions of link were meant to do what you did in previous attempts to save the world? So youd see yourself doing what you did before... if you know what I mean >.>?

I always though that would be really interesting, although maybe odd with 100 links running around town from a story/interaction point of view...

I also head that the moon crashing into the earth would be inevitable, causing it split into 4 separate dungeons.

GhaleonQ

Freezie KO said:
In realms outside of videogames, this is known as one-dimensional and shallow. Literature and (quality) films would giggle at this.

So, is M bad now? I'm fairly certain that an evil force that compels extreme behavior from those in its presence is exactly what happens in both titles. I'm not suggesting that it's Lang's equal, but your argument's silly.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I think the literati would probably point out the purpose of a 'one-dimensional' psychopath is to draw the character-focus away from the entity itself and make it about how the characters that surround it react to such a force. It's a natural disaster incarnate.

GhaleonQ said:
So, is M bad now? I'm fairly certain that an evil force that compels extreme behavior from those in its presence is exactly what happens in both titles. I'm not suggesting that it's Lang's equal, but your argument's silly.

What are you talking about? The antagonist in M is a child molester. He has a motive.

Edit: Are you referring to Dr. Mabuse in Lang's other films? In Testament of Dr. Mabuse, he becomes a controlling influence, but his original motives are explained better in Dr. Mabuse, the Gambler, where he tries to make a bunch of money with his criminal cabal.

please don't derail into elitist literature discussion please don't derail into elitist literature discussion please don't derail into elitist literature discussion please don't derail into elitist literature discussion please don't derail into elitist literature discussion

Duderz said:
How is the VC release of Majora's Mask? This thread has pushed me over the edge to replay this game.

Same here. I only played it very briefly before, so the game would be 95% new stuff to me. I'm really tempted to drop the $10 and do it. I have 200 Wii points already, I really wish Nintendo wouldn't force me into buying another $10 worth. Sneaky bastards.

GhaleonQ

Freezie KO said:
What are you talking about? The antagonist in M is a child molester. He has a motive.

Again, that's self-apparently wrong. A simple child molester, just like any functional sexual entity, could be satiated with what he wants: sexual pleasure. He's a pedophile-rapist-murderer who's driven to his actions by a shattered sanity and who does it time and time again. That's the entire argument of the movie. His essence is nihilistic destruction. The people who can make decisions (in Majora's Mask, the world's inhabitants) create it of their own will.

Rez said:
I think the literati would probably point out the purpose of a 'one-dimensional' psychopath is to draw the character-focus away from the entity itself and make it about how the characters that surround it react to such a force. It's a natural disaster incarnate.

Rez concurs. You are clearly wrong.

OrangeGrayBlue said:
please don't derail into elitist literature discussion please don't derail into elitist literature discussion please don't derail into elitist literature discussion please don't derail into elitist literature discussion please don't derail into elitist literature discussion

We're derailing into elitist MOVIE discussion (although there are plenty of literature examples, especially in pre-Renaissance writing). It's to point out that there's a respected tradition of this character.

GhaleonQ said:
Again, that's self-apparently wrong. A simple child molester, just like any functional sexual entity, could be satiated with what he wants: sexual pleasure. He's a pedophile-rapist-murderer who's driven to his actions by a shattered sanity and who does it time and time again. That's the entire argument of the movie. His essence is nihilistic destruction. The people who can make decisions (in Majora's Mask, the world's inhabitants) create it of their own will.

You're strongly misreading the character if you think M is anywhere close to representative of "nihilistic destruction." He has a sexual dysfunction and kills the children afterwards. That's not nihilism. He's not out to destroy society or the world. He's doing it because this is his only way to get off. A very human motive, not an ethereal "evil."

Majora was described as doing this for "fun" and gaining "no material benefit." First, psychologically, fun is not the same as sexual compulsion. And second, if M is getting his rocks off, then that's some sort of benefit.

Also, to label the character of M as one-dimensional is false given his own defense at the end of the film. He looks down on crime and the common criminal. He has a strong work ethic and believes the criminals that capture him should've just gotten a normal job. Further, unlike Majora's pure evil, M is torn about the acts he commits. He resents being looked down upon because of his psychosexual compulsions.

How does this compare at all to a being that represents, as you say, "nihilistic destruction?" Do Majora's impulses stem from human psychology and sexuality? Does Majora have any regrets? Does Majora have a nuanced view of crime and the legal process? The two aren't related at all.

Rez concurs. You are clearly wrong.

Rez is a boring game with no design beyond audio. I'm clearly right.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
for the record I was using this handle prior to the Dreamcast game

Sofo

For those wanting to buy it on the VC, I have it and it's good, just hate the C-buttons mapped on the Classic controller. Otherwise it feels like the cartridge version that I sold when I was young (I hate myself for that).

The fan discussion and speculation of Majora's Mask is probably why it continues to be my favorite 3D Zelda. There's just something to it that every other zelda game seems to miss.

Playing through it again, it's amazing to see all the things I missed on my first ever playthrough.

MNC

This game's due a replay, too :( I hate these nostalgia threads, and love 'm too. They bring me back to the wonderful times to be had, but also want me to replay them, and I have no time for that.

[Nintex]

I have the GameCube version of this game but every time I seem to make progress it crashes on me. How's the PAL VC version?

Top Bottom