• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man, ebay shoppers are brave. (Yeezy Turtle Doves)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick S.

Banned
Sorry, 2000 bucks?! Why? I would never pay that much for shoes, but if I did I would buy something like ultra rare chocolate kangaroo leather shoes or something. Not some cheap ass looking fluffy sneakers.

Yeah, seriously. Those Jackshibo's look just the same as the originals, ie. ugly. Looking at classifieds here in Germany, there's a guy selling a pair of those Yeezies for €1000 and one for €1200. Ridiculous.

1. You don't need to be brave to buy on eBay, you need to spend all of 15 seconds checking feedback and listening to your gut. The seller likely had very obviously nonexistent or shitty feedback and the buyer ignored clear warning signs because he wanted an easy deal.

2. Buyers always win disputes even when they're completely wrong or careless. I would bet my life he got his money back within a week.

3. You need to be much more worried about scammers on eBay as a seller. Buyers can file fake claims and scam the shit out of you for hundreds or even thousands of dollars with almost no effort.

maybe 99% of the time, but 1% this isn't true.

I bought a JBL speaker last year, eBay & usps said it was delivered but when I got home it wasn't there. either usps delivered to the wrong address, or a passerby saw a package on my front step and fucking took it.

but I wanted my money back right? eBay wouldn't give it to me since the tracking said it was delivered so I had to escalate it further to get my money back, and it came directly from eBay, not the seller.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
LOL

o-RESTORATION-570.jpg

Yukinari

As someone whos been using ebay more recently for discounted games, cables and random collectibles i always make sure to see the seller history and check the prices between sellers.

Id never sell stuff on ebay honestly with how much risk is involved.

LQX

Years ago before my brother became savvy at how to use EBay he bought some shoes that were a little cheaper than in store. Turns out it was Chinese seller who sent him knock-offs that were almost as ridiculous as that picture. They looked similar to the original but looked puffed out and swollen, just odd looking. He spent about $50 shipping them back to China as back then Ebay would not refund him until he sent them back.

Xe4

Banned
Sorry, 2000 bucks?! Why? I would never pay that much for shoes, but if I did I would buy something like ultra rare chocolate kangaroo leather shoes or something. Not some cheap ass looking fluffy sneakers.
Even though they were apperently a tenth of that, shit's still overpriced. Those look like they'd break down after I wore them for a week. Really, you're paying for Kanye, not the shoes.

I think it's dumb, but whatever makes people happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom