• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man sues Apple claiming iPhone turned him gay

Bullet Club

Banned

A Russian man has launched a lawsuit against Apple, claiming an iPhone app turned him gay.

He says this comes after an incident involving GayCoin crypto-currency.

Saying he suffered moral harm, he is asking for one million rubles (£12,000), according to a copy of the complaint seen by the news agency, AFP.

Homosexuality was decriminalised in Russia in 1993, but anti-gay prejudice is still widespread.

In 2013, Russia passed legislation banning the spreading of what it described as gay propaganda.

This officially bans the "promotion of non-traditional lifestyles to minors" but in effect outlaws LGBT activism. A number of campaigners have been attacked and killed in the past year.

So what's happened?

In a suit filed on 20 September, it is claimed a crypto-currency called "GayCoin" was delivered via a smartphone app, rather than the Bitcoin he had ordered.

Crypto-currency is basically virtual money - like an online version of cash - and Bitcoin and GayCoin are some of those currencies

According to the complaint, the GayCoin crypto-currency arrived with a note saying: "Don't judge until you try".

"I thought, in truth, how can I judge something without trying? I decided to try same-sex relationships," the complainant wrote.

"Now I have a boyfriend and I do not know how to explain this to my parents."

He adds that his "life has been changed for the worse" and he "will never become normal again".

Apple "pushed" him "towards homosexuality through manipulation", he claims.

"The changes have caused me moral and mental harm."

Sapizhat Gusnieva says the company "has a responsibility for their programmes" despite the alleged exchange taking place on a third-party app.

The court will hear the complaint on 17 October, according to information on its website.

Apple has not yet responded to Newsbeat's request for comment.

Source: BBC

This is what he looked like when he used Android:

auZApfh.jpg

And this is him a week after using an iPhone:

GP2O8pI.jpg

He looks happier after using the iPhone, so I don't know why he's complaining.

How can one be unhappy after being in relationship with a Gay man?

The GayCoin didn't make him gay, he was already gay and using an American Company as an excuse for his "problem". :LOL:

kingwingin

"I thought, in truth, how can I judge something without trying? I decided to try same-sex relationships," the complainant wrote.

😂😂😂

I wonder what his pickup lines were at the Eurotrash gay bars he went to?

"The cryptocurrency on my iPhone told me to try new things. I think it meant your dick."

lock2k

Banned
Anecdotal, but all gay people I know own iPhones and love apple shit. Not all iphone owners are gay, but the former is true in my case. :messenger_beaming:

jts

...hate me...
forgive english, i am Russia.

i come to study clothing and fashion at American university. i am here little time and i am very hard stress. i am gay also and this very difficult for me, i am very religion person. i never act to be gay with other men before. but after i am in america 6 weeks i am my friend together he is gay also. He was show me American fashion and then we are kiss.

wWe sex together. I never before now am tell my mother about gay because i am very shame. As i fock this American boy it is very good to me but also i am feel so guilty. I feel extreme guilty as I begin orgasm. I feel so guilty that I pick up my telephone and call Mother in Russia. I awaken her. It too late for stopping so I am cumming sex. I am very upset and guilty and crying, so I yell her, "I AM CUM FROM SEX" (in Russia). She say what? I say "I AM CUM FROM SEX" and she say you boy, do not marry American girl, and I say "NO I AM CUM FROM SEX WITH MAN, I AM IN ASS, I CUM IN ASS" and my mother very angry me. She not get scared though.

I hang up phone and am very embarrass. My friend also he is very embarrass. I am guilt and feel very stupid. I wonder, why do I gay with man? But I continue because when it spurt it feel very good in American ass.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I know how this guy feels. Damn Nike and their 'Just do it' slogan. On an unrelated matter please donate to my "buy me some meth" gofundme.

John Day

I shit you not, i never though The Onion would become a creditable journalistic source.

Not fucking kidding.

Animagic

Banned

A Russian man has launched a lawsuit against Apple, claiming an iPhone app turned him gay.

He says this comes after an incident involving GayCoin crypto-currency.

Saying he suffered moral harm, he is asking for one million rubles (£12,000), according to a copy of the complaint seen by the news agency, AFP.

Homosexuality was decriminalised in Russia in 1993, but anti-gay prejudice is still widespread.

In 2013, Russia passed legislation banning the spreading of what it described as gay propaganda.

This officially bans the "promotion of non-traditional lifestyles to minors" but in effect outlaws LGBT activism. A number of campaigners have been attacked and killed in the past year.

So what's happened?

In a suit filed on 20 September, it is claimed a crypto-currency called "GayCoin" was delivered via a smartphone app, rather than the Bitcoin he had ordered.

Crypto-currency is basically virtual money - like an online version of cash - and Bitcoin and GayCoin are some of those currencies

According to the complaint, the GayCoin crypto-currency arrived with a note saying: "Don't judge until you try".

He adds that his "life has been changed for the worse" and he "will never become normal again".

Apple "pushed" him "towards homosexuality through manipulation", he claims.

"The changes have caused me moral and mental harm."

Sapizhat Gusnieva says the company "has a responsibility for their programmes" despite the alleged exchange taking place on a third-party app.

The court will hear the complaint on 17 October, according to information on its website.

Apple has not yet responded to Newsbeat's request for comment.

Source: BBC

This is what he looked like when he used Android:

auZApfh.jpg

And this is him a week after using an iPhone:

GP2O8pI.jpg

He looks happier after using the iPhone, so I don't know why he's complaining.

VBWoQWe.jpg

A photo of the man after a recent arrest at a rest stop bathroom raid

forgive english, i am Russia.

i come to study clothing and fashion at American university. i am here little time and i am very hard stress. i am gay also and this very difficult for me, i am very religion person. i never act to be gay with other men before. but after i am in america 6 weeks i am my friend together he is gay also. He was show me American fashion and then we are kiss.

wWe sex together. I never before now am tell my mother about gay because i am very shame. As i fock this American boy it is very good to me but also i am feel so guilty. I feel extreme guilty as I begin orgasm. I feel so guilty that I pick up my telephone and call Mother in Russia. I awaken her. It too late for stopping so I am cumming sex. I am very upset and guilty and crying, so I yell her, "I AM CUM FROM SEX" (in Russia). She say what? I say "I AM CUM FROM SEX" and she say you boy, do not marry American girl, and I say "NO I AM CUM FROM SEX WITH MAN, I AM IN ASS, I CUM IN ASS" and my mother very angry me. She not get scared though.

I hang up phone and am very embarrass. My friend also he is very embarrass. I am guilt and feel very stupid. I wonder, why do I gay with man? But I continue because when it spurt it feel very good in American ass.

it is nice to know that the human embodiment of Russia is posting on GAF.

Top Bottom