• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizo

Banned
mgv.jpg

Kurita finally "won" the battle.

I was just thinking, maybe I'll get on there one day... then I saw my name. Shiiiit

Aizo

Banned
Ippo 1028
FUUUUUUJUUU

As an Itagaki fan, this is painful to read. I kind of guessed he would lose, but this is brutal.

Maaan, how long does it take to catch up with Ippo? That manga is so long... it's intimidating. Have you been current for years?

Tripon

Maaan, how long does it take to catch up with Ippo? That manga is so long... it's intimidating. Have you been current for years?
it took me about two weeks to read though 80 volume of manga. Of I was you, I'd just watch the two anime series and then catch up where the anime stops.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

There are far worse things to catch up on. A lot of Ippo's chapters can be really short, especially during the fights so the chapter count is a little inflated.

Team Tenri is worst team. #teamchihiro

Please. She stands no chance, Tenri literally just retconned it so she was the first girl. Chihiro is not genre savvy enough to win this fight.

Please. She stands no chance, Tenri literally just retconned it so she was the first girl. Chihiro is not genre savvy enough to win this fight.

Chihiro didn't even need to be saved by Keima to fall in love. Tenri is just another who fell for him because he was doing a conquest.

wonzo

Banned
holy shit that almost makes me want to pick it back up ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa FUCK YOU SHITOGEEEEEEEEEEE

Taboo-Tattoo 1-10
Cats' superiority re-confirmed.

This is a fun read. It's a battle series revolving around magic tattoos or crests or whatever. Not the kind of manga I'd usually enjoy, but I really like how it doesn't take itself as seriously as appearances initially suggest, and in particular how the comedy repeatedly breaks the tension in what should be heavy / dramatic situations. From skimming the next chapter, it looks like Childhood Friend and the Big Bad are playing ping pong against each-other for one reason or another.

Also it says something about me that I laughed so hard at this (1) (2) that I had to stop reading.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Nisekoi
Clearly this isn't a method to draw things out and will be utterly meaningless once we learn some convenient scenario such as "She was wearing contacts" or "I can't remember this non-blue color" or "The girl was the crazy one but its STILL NOT THE PROMISED ONE".

Clearly not.

Nisekoi
Clearly this isn't a method to draw things out and will be utterly meaningless once we learn some convenient scenario such as "She was wearing contacts" or "I can't remember this non-blue color" or "The girl was the crazy one but its STILL NOT THE PROMISED ONE".

Clearly not.

He's color blind worse then I am lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why does that shithead care about some promise he made as a 5 year old

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If he didn't then we wouldn't have a story. So it's reasons...

The back story is super fucking flimsy and would have worked just fine without it, really. Just make it about the children of rival mobs dating to stave off a costly mob war.

Of course, the mob war thing never becomes relevant beyond parts where the guy from Chitoge's mob acts creepy and possessive of her for comic relief.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The back story is super fucking flimsy and would have worked just fine without it, really. Just make it about the children of rival mobs dating to stave off a costly mob war.

Of course, the mob war thing never becomes relevant beyond parts where the guy from Chitoge's mob acts creepy and possessive of her for comic relief.

So basically the whole thing is built on multiple flimsily built premises? I would never have imagined such a thing from a harem story!

dumbyugi

Why does that shithead care about some promise he made as a 5 year old

It's one of the most common story hooks in the harem genre. Raku only kind of cared about the promise at the beginning of the story and only started giving a shit when he found out that Onodera might be the girl from his memories. My prediction is that he made the same promise to all three girls and that he's currently remembering Marika.

Kreed

Hajime No Ippo 1028:

Most satisfying Ippo fight in a long time (and it didn't last months). The reason I initially liked having Itagaki around in this manga is because of Ippo's stalling to go to the World Stage becoming boring, and at the time I thought Itagaki would bring some variety to the manga since he wasn't the star of the series (as in he could go through some non shounen tropes and actually lose a few fights). But eventually the character just got stale cause he just kept winning.

And then this chapter happens. A humiliating and devastating loss that not even Ippo had to suffer through. Too bad this will be the last time this ever happens in this manga.

grandjedi6

The chapter makes it super obvious that the crying girl was Marika, which is a pointless development since Marika will clearly not "win" nor is she the "real" promised girl.

Of course this is all based on the ludicrous premise that the guy remembers the girl's eye color as a 5 year old, but not whether he was talking to a blonde hair American girl or a Brunette Japanese girl.

I haven't read a single chapter of Nisekoi, but I feel like Raku just needs to initiate the threesome for this series to truly have a satisfying climax

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hajime No Ippo 1028:

Most satisfying Ippo fight in a long time (and it didn't last months). The reason I initially liked having Itagaki around in this manga is because of Ippo's stalling to go to the World Stage becoming boring, and at the time I thought Itagaki would bring some variety to the manga since he wasn't the star of the series (as in he could go through some non shounen tropes and actually lose a few fights). But eventually the character just got stale cause he just kept winning.

And then this chapter happens. A humiliating and devastating loss that not even Ippo had to suffer through. Too bad this will be the last time this ever happens in this manga.

Takamura title defenses are pretty humiliating for all those involved, but I get what you're saying.

grandjedi6

I haven't read a single chapter of Nisekoi, but I feel like Raku just needs to initiate the threesome for this series to truly have a satisfying climax

Too many tsunderes.

Also he has a full blown orgy of candidates at this point, but only the crazy one would be down for it.

Angry Grimace

So basically the whole thing is built on multiple flimsily built premises? I would never have imagined such a thing from a harem story!

Yeah, but there are better flimsy shit plots in the harem world

Tripon

Hajime No Ippo:

I love Takamura fights, but Takamura fights are like One Punch Man fights with more punches.

Sure, most of them. But the two best fights in the series have been the Takamura fights against Bryan Hawk, and David Engle. Its pretty clear that in order to get a great Takamura fight, we need to have an American with a Bird last name. =P

UQ Holder 4

That Kuromaru is a chick. Fuck you Ken if she turns out to be a trap!

Fairy Tail

Natsu powerup incoming? Slow chapter this time around.

Beelzebub

Hmm kinda interesting how Soloman Company is only one of the problems Oga has to deal with besides the other stuff. No Furuichi is surprising.

Waiting on HSDK as of now.

His Favorite v5 (Aitsu no Daihonmei v5)
tumblr_mt1lhrBK5j1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Good color page at the front (love that at least suBLime does give us color pages in our print manga here). Volume was somewhat stronger than the previous one as this time it only focused on Sato and Awkward Yoshida and at least put the Sato crazed fangirls off to the side for the whole thing. I want this to be animated as Sato and Yoshida moments are too hilarious even if they never progress any (dont even think they even kissed or anything this volume). 20 chapters should give some good amount for anime even.

Sato's blushes were up there for best moment (how he kept trying to hide his face) and then his fever confessional scene in front of the class to Yoshida making the girls furious and even fall over, the guys too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom