• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Chess?!

Vieo

Do you think Nintendo could make a Mario Chess game and have it sell well? They've done a good job with Tennis and Golf, but Chess isn't very exciting.(IMO) =)

I can't even imagine what spin they would put on it.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Sure why not. While they're at it I'd like a Mario Dominoes and Mario eXtremE Paintball game too. You know for old times sakes.

Keio

For a Finer World
Mario Chess would have to include a normal game of chess, a Battle Chess animated version and an Archon-esque battle version, where you'd have to fight an arcade battle to cap a piece.

Mario is playing golf
Mario is playing tennis
Mario is racing
MARIO IS KICKING ASS

I doubt it would sell, chess games are the realm of the very bored and nerdy.......... ok platinum

MrPing1000 said:
I doubt it would sell, chess games are the realm of the very bored and nerdy.......... ok platinum

How dare you! Why, I knew a fellow who was a cheerleader for the MIT Chess squad. It's as exciting a game as can be.

Mock

Banned
I'm actually starting to believe you can apply the Mushroom Kingdom asthetic to anything and have have something cool.

Super Mario Tactics? Sign me up!

Mock said:
I'm actually starting to believe you can apply the Mushroom Kingdom asthetic to anything and have have something cool.

Super Mario Tactics? Sign me up!

I think it goes without saying that putting Mario in a tactics game would be incredible. But the real test of strength is putting him in Lacross or Water Polo. Or Croquet? Badmitten!

evilromero said:
And Mario Shogi, Mario no Go and Mario Othello.

Mario no Go could be nice :) I'm a huge fan of GO and the only two games i know for the GBA are Hikaru no Go 1 and 2 (Great anime also). To bad they are all in Japanese ....

DCharlie

Banned
How about

Tokimeki Mario-al?

Will Mario get it on with Peach? Or will Bowser get his claws into her? Will Mario pop a Mushroom? Or will he just let all hang out with his bro?

Mario de go?

Ride mario around some of the most provactive areas in tokyo (Shinjuku 2-chome, Roppongi, and the Newhalf clubs of Gotanda)

El Papa

smble.jpg

MASB

Vieo said:
Do you think Nintendo could make a Mario Chess game and have it sell well? They've done a good job with Tennis and Golf, but Chess isn't very exciting.(IMO) =)

I can't even imagine what spin they would put on it.
An actual real, non-videogame Mario chess set might be neat.

If they did this as a game... I'd rather they made some sort of Mario Parlor Games collection. Chess, checkers, cards, etc. I'd buy that if it wasn't too expensive.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
How about we put Mario and Luigi and a bunch of other Nintendo characters in a fighting game?! Think about it, you could control your favorite Nintendo mascot and beat on other players with his or her signature moves! Mario vs. Link! Samus vs. Kirby! Man, that would own!!!

Oh, wait....

Top Bottom