• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC pricing confirmed ($7.99 each or $11.99 for both, 16 tracks)

Chibot

It all looks great. I just wish we'd get new characters, instead of the Mario/Peach/Bowser clones. Why not 3 from Zelda and 3 from AC, if they're going to theme the packs? I feel like that's a bit of a missed opportunity. Hopefully 2 of the 4 cups will be fully retro.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was expecting $10 for each of them, $8 was already a nice surprise, but freakin' $12?! Hell, Nintendo will even let you cancel the pre-order before the first pack is released.

This is the first time I've ever been excited for what's pretty much a season pass. It just sucks that the wait for May is going to be torture.

Now let me unlock a bike that looks like Epona & one that looks similar to the ones from Excitebike.

Minions

Still hoping for a free (or cheap) battle mode addon with actual arenas.... At least the DLC is not overpriced. Might bite.

DarkWish

DLCAllCups.png

EDIT:
Could be placeholders. So far only Yoshi's Egg has been used.
Or... could mean we're getting even MORE DLC after these two packs!

Pappasman

Can dlc and DL stuff in general be held on an SD card or will I need an external harddrive? Im running out of space and I need this DLC.

daxgame

nnggh... I don't really like any of the characters apart from Link but the courses, the vehicles... damn.

Besides, once my wife finds out about this and Isabelle I already know how it's going to end.

I like how the title says 16 tracks but nothing about the characters. :p

But yes, I am very curious about the music. Will it be orchestrated again? Either way, I simply can't wait to hear the music in the Zelda tracks.

Paskil

Wow, Nintendo going hard on DLC. 16 tracks is quite a bit and is probably something I will happily buy when I get a WiiU. Hope it's all really good (although I think they could have expanded into other IP, rather than reskinned Mario/Peach/Bowser).

LawfulEnder

Neo Member
That's a great price for the amount of content they're offering.

I can't wait to race as Link.
Or Red Yoshi starting tomorrow.

catmario

Buying both is more cheaper than separate!!!!!!

Nice!!! First I heard about DLC rumour, I didn't liked this, but now I accept this!

Being able to pre-order DLC on the eshop is a pretty big deal (might deserve it's on thread?)
Being able to cancel it is also pretty big. I love that you get content right away if you buy the bundle (the Yoshi/Shy Guys) and the price is just crazy low for what they are giving you.

flux1

I'm actually kinda glad you can pre-order it. I was thinking earlier I'd like to get it for the small bit of digital rebate points it would give, but that wouldn't be in effect next year. Guess I'll buy the two pack at some point before November.

AdanVC

So more than DLC or AOC, this really is more like Mario Kart 8.5! The game originally has 32 tracks and here we're getting 16 tracks! Can't freaking wait to see Wario's Gold mine in HD goodnes!

toa95

Anyone know if DLC contributes to the Digital Deluxe promo that gives you credit based on purchases on Wii U? If it does I should have enough to buy this tomorrow, and get enough credit from that to buy Azure Striker Gunvolt Friday.

Top Bottom