• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvelous announces Uppers for PS Vita

Translation of the important part from Gematsu

Marvelous has delayed Uppers, its PS Vita game from Senran Kagura producer Kenichiro Takaki, from its previously planned April 21 release to an unannounced release date.

In a blog post, Takaki discussed the delay.

“One reasons it that the number of pre-orders haven’t reached the amount we thought they would,” Takaki said. He added, “If we consider today’s market, they’re not numbers that we can realistically swallow.”

He continued: “I want to believe in the power and potential of this game even more.”

Takaki said that he wants more time to further promote the game.

As for the game itself, Takaki notes that the development staff is putting all of its power into finishing the game in its best condition.

deadfolk

He should consider having a simultaneous worldwide release and a steam port.

Nuts. I even make a jp account to download the demo. I think I'm going to hold off playing until there's more information. Knowing my luck, I'll love the demo and it'll get canned.

A new demo is releasing on the 31st. They're also adding Daidoji from Senran Kagura as a first print bonus character

senran-kagura-2-daidos0jeh.png

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/uppers-adds-senran-kagura-daidoji-second-demo-launches-march-31-japan

Prelude.

That's a surprisingly appropriate addition from Takaki. When he started adding SK shirts I tought he was gonna fuck it up.

Had a quick play on this yesterday, just finished the tutorial at the start. It was quite a responsive fighter, a bit like the street fighting in Yakuza, but with young girls watching instead of just passers by. I slammed the other guy into the ground in front of the girls and their squealed cheering let me do some furiously fast combos.

Top Bottom