• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2015 (Mar 16 - Mar 22)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Media Create Sales: Week 4, 2012 (Jan 23 - Jan 29)

02./00. [3DS] Resident Evil: Revelations <ADV> (Capcom) {2012.01.26} (¥5.990) - 146.559 / NEW <74,69%>

Media Create Sales: Week 21, 2013 (May 20 - May 26)

03./00. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations <ADV> (Capcom) {2013.05.23} (¥4.990) - 102.673 / NEW <67,11%>
10./00. [WIU] Resident Evil: Revelations <ADV> (Capcom) {2013.05.23} (¥4.990) - 8.398 / NEW <27,26%>
11./00. [360] Resident Evil: Revelations <ADV> (Capcom) {2013.05.23} (¥4.990) - 7.053 / NEW <74,14%>

02./00. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 <ADV> (Capcom) {2015.03.19} (¥5.389) - 73.373 / NEW
04./00. [PS4] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 <ADV> (Capcom) {2015.03.19} (¥5.389) - 42.358 / NEW

FluxWaveZ

Any ideas on how Bloodborne will do in it's first week?

Because everyone seems to be thinking that the game will do great on PS4, but why? It is still a brand new IP...

"Brand new IP" really is irrelevant in regards to Bloodborne, for obvious reasons.

PS4 is having a good run. It won't last once it starts hitting that May dry spell and onwards, but it's nice to see it doing well for the time being.

Hellraider

Because everyone seems to be thinking that the game will do great on PS4, but why? It is still a brand new IP...

It's gonna get close to 200k.

It's also a brand new IP as much as Dark souls was a brand new IP.

Eolz

Everybody knows it's still Dark/Demon Souls behind the cover.
YSO predicted ~180k, but GAF predicted lower than that I think.
>200k FW would be a bit crazy.

hiska-kun

Second Week:

04./02. [PS3] Yakuza: Ishin! (Sega) {2014.02.22} (¥8.600) - 54.148 / 192.305 (-61%)
08./03. [PS4] Yakuza: Ishin! (Sega) {2014.02.22} (¥8.600) - 22.466 / 105.006 (-73%)
06./01. [PS3] Yakuza 0 <ADV> (Sega) {2015.03.12} (¥8.845) - 29.568 / 175.390 (-80%)
13./02. [PS4] Yakuza 0 <ADV> (Sega) {2015.03.12} (¥8.845) - 15.255 / 105.761 (-83%)

Ishin > 0

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Media Create Sales: Week 4, 2012 (Jan 23 - Jan 29)

02./00. [3DS] Resident Evil: Revelations <ADV> (Capcom) {2012.01.26} (¥5.990) - 146.559 / NEW <74,69%>

Media Create Sales: Week 21, 2013 (May 20 - May 26)

03./00. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations <ADV> (Capcom) {2013.05.23} (¥4.990) - 102.673 / NEW <67,11%>
10./00. [WIU] Resident Evil: Revelations <ADV> (Capcom) {2013.05.23} (¥4.990) - 8.398 / NEW <27,26%>
11./00. [360] Resident Evil: Revelations <ADV> (Capcom) {2013.05.23} (¥4.990) - 7.053 / NEW <74,14%>

02./00. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 <ADV> (Capcom) {2015.03.19} (¥5.389) - 73.373 / NEW
04./00. [PS4] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 <ADV> (Capcom) {2015.03.19} (¥5.389) - 42.358 / NEW

the sequel did as the "HD remaster". I wonder if the digital sales can fill the gap with the first original release (considering its episodic nature, it could be able, indeed)
but in any case, not a growth for the "spinoff franchise".

Flarin

Didn't Disgaea 5 and Pirate Warriors 3 come out this week? Should keep the momentum going a bit into next week for PS4. (Also, Bloodborne)

Good...goood. Ditch your filthy PS3 already, Japan.

I expect Bloodborne to do equal or better numbers than Type-0, but it will certainly push a lot of hardware.

ps4 keeping that momentum. whats coming after bloodborne?

If you talk about major release.

Toukiden: Kiwami in April
FFXIV: Heavensward in June
The Phantom Pain in September

Hellraider

Didn't Disgaea 5 and Pirate Warriors 3 come out this week? Should keep the momentum going a bit into next week for PS4. (Also, Bloodborne)

This week is gonna be excellent for PS4. The dry after it is the problem. I really hope it doesn't get Vita'd. A couple of great months only to be left with peanuts for the rest of the year.

Sadly, it looks that way...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Type-0 HD did a bit better than what I thought, but still just decent IMHO. Its Western result will be much better, though (expecting pretty good things from Type-0 HD in the next NPD report). Battlefield: Hardline is good: EA is expecting a much lower result WW for the game compared to BF4, so having a worse debut (and not that worse) means things going as planned. Okay sales for Resident Evil: Revelations 2.

Bruno MB

Only barely related, but I didn't realise this version of the game was so overshipped. Seems like they were much more sensible this time around.

The funny thing is that it had one of the best sell through percentages for a third party Wii U title. Imagine how terrible everything did, that's why absolutely no one is releasing anything on Wii U.

eFKac

Stronger than expected Type O and PS4 sales, also pretty great opening for BFH on the PS4.

Yakuza 0 weaker legs than I hoped, DQH on it's way to 900k imo.

Shame that April looks weak in terms of software for the PS4, it had a great run, interesting were the baseline will settle.

This week is gonna be excellent for PS4. The dry after it is the problem. I really hope it doesn't get Vita'd. A couple of great months only to be left with peanuts for the rest of the year.

Sadly, it looks that way...
Well the end of the year has MGSV and Persona 5. But it looks like the next 5 months is going to be a rough time for the PS4 after March... :/

Darius

Banned
PS4 sales largely benefitted from the PS4 FF special edition, which was pre-orderable for months now. The game itself sold really mediocre at best and is already sold for a discounted price at amazon. It was overshipped compared to demand and sells therefore under expectations.

It sold quite worse than the FFX/-2 remaster be it on PS3 or even PSV and likely won´t compare well to the KH1 and the KH2 remasters as well. Even the combo of the movie+FF13 runs outclasses this performance.

Resident Evil Revelation 2 also a disappointing performance. Looking at the SKU individually no comparison with the original release on 3DS and also quite worse than the down the line port of Revelation on PS3. Combined it sold rathly the amount of the lat port of the first Revelation game on PS3 but still a big decline compared to the 3DS sku.

Atram

Stronger than expected Type O and PS4 sales, also pretty great opening for BFH on the PS4.

Yakuza 0 weaker legs than I hoped, DQH on it's way to 900k imo.

Shame that April looks weak in terms of software for the PS4, it had a great run, interesting were the baseline will settle.

this will be a very long way to 900k :p

Spiegel

PS4 sales largely benefitted from the PS4 FF special edition, which was pre-orderable for months now. The game itself sold really mediocre at best and is already sold for a discounted price at amazon. It was overshipped compared to demand and sells therefore under expectations.

It sold quite worse than the FFX/-2 remaster be it on PS3 or even PSV and likely won´t compare well to the KH1 and the KH2 remasters as well. Even the combo of the movie+FF13 runs outclasses this performance.

Resident Evil Revelation 2 also a disappointing performance. Looking at the SKU individually no comparison with the original release on 3DS and also quite worse than the down the line port of Revelation on PS3. Combined it sold rathly the amount of the lat port of the first Revelation game on PS3 but still a big decline compared to the 3DS sku.

No good news allowed for PS4.
Someone give this man jett's (old) tag

antibolo

Banned
PS4 on top 2 weeks in a row in Japan! Has the master finally be awakened?
wzpkcudw

There should be name captions (PS3, PS4, Vita).

allan-bh

Type-0 HD sales are fine for the game itself, but considering that has the FF XV demo, doesn't look so good.

In other times the japanese would kill for play a main FF demo.

Type-0 HD sales are fine for the game itself, but considering that has the FF XV demo, doesn't look so good.

Anyone who cared about this game would have already played it 3 years ago.

Also I don't think Japanese gamers care about Final Fantasy releases as much as western gamers, especially in 2015.

If the demo was packed in with a new game that hasn't been available in japan for nearly half a decade already, sure. But this is an old ass game over there, being the top seller and on the PS4 is a good thing given all things.

Everything was bad this week? ok.

P.S Revelations 2 was already out digitally before its retail release, so unless this wasn't the case in Japan, I don't think the retail sales are a good indication of how much it performed compared to its predecessor.

allan-bh

If the demo was packed in with a new game that hasn't been available in japan for nearly half a decade already, sure. But this is an old ass game over there, being the top seller and on the PS4 is a good thing given all things.

FF XIII demo came with with Advent Children Complete (which was an old movie) and sold 275k on first week.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
wow, xbone increased its sales by 12%

I wonder if/when MS is going to pull out of Japan, the X1's number's in Japan are absolutely pathetic.

Right now it looks like it would be hard pressed to even reach a quarter of the sales of the OG Xbox in Japan.

duckroll

Actually I feel a bit of the reverse. I don't think Type-0 is too old, but I feel it's too current. If it's a popular FF game which hasn't seen a re-release in 10-15 years or more, a good remaster would probably have quite a bit of interest. But unfortunately it is a game fans have played before, and it isn't old enough that they feel the need to experience it again. Another factor is that it is a game which is designed with a portable mentality - small areas broken up, segmented mission design, etc. Similar to Peace Walker, this sort of design doesn't really lend itself that well to a console experience, at least not the sort of experience which people would be super excited for at full price.

Top Bottom