• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2015 (Sep 21 - Sep 27)

September 2015
Wii U Super Mario Maker Set - ¥33.000

Which is now only ¥2000 (~17$) less than the PS4.

The Wii Party/NSMBU bundle had a great impact for the Wii U in 2013, it was the only time we could say that the numbers were good, and not only "for the Wii U".

bgtoS4n.jpg

Launching a bundle with less content for a higher price the following year was a very bad move. Even Iwata admitted that the Wii U sales in Japan for the holiday 2014 were especially unsatisfactory.

CY Q4 Wii U shipment
Americas
2013: 870 000
2014: 1 010 000 (+16%)
Europe/other
2013: 490 000
2014: 580 000 (+18%)
Japan
2013: 600 000
2014: 320 000 (-47%)

Now, the sales are good thanks to Splatoon and Mario Maker. But the Wii U need a price cut and a good bundle like the Wii Party/NSMBU one, something like Splatoon+Smash, or SM3DW+Smash for ¥30000.

But I think it's too early to blame Nintendo, since a price cut and/or a new bundle could still happen for this holiday season.

Vena

Picross would be an appropriate mobile release for around 2009 when things like the first Angry Birds and Where's My Water were the top mobile games.

It'd be pretty crazy to launch as a flagship starting title for Nintendo in 2015. I could certainly see it as a game they release later on in the process (maybe as their third or fourth title) when expectations are at "Well this is just another game for their mobile catalog." more easily.

I think Nintendogs is the safest bet, even when trying to expect the unexpected.

Launching a bundle with less content for a higher price the following year was a very bad move. Even Iwata admitted that the Wii U sales in Japan for the holiday 2014 were especially unsatisfactory.

Now, the sales are good thanks to Splatoon and Mario Maker. But the Wii U need a price cut and a good bundle like the Wii Party/NSMBU one, something like Splatoon+Smash, or SM3DW+Smash for ¥30000.

But I think it's too early to blame Nintendo, since a price cut and/or a new bundle could still happen for this holiday season.

Nintendo is no longer is a mindset to care about the WiiU market share, but how much money they are NOT losing on the WiiU. So don't be surprised if you don't see a price drop or, as you say, its just a better proposition bundle rather than an outright price slide.

Something like 30-32k with two games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think "expect the unexpected" might be a reference to it being a Mario game since Serkan Toto has spent the last couple of months guessing they won't bring out Mario until at least their second mobile title once they have some more experience learning the business model.

ZhugeEX

Banned
I think "expect the unexpected" might be a reference to it being a Mario game since Serkan Toto has spent the last couple of months guessing they won't bring out Mario until at least their second mobile title once they have some more experience learning the business model.

I've been thinking this as well.

After all they want their first game to actually be something people care about. Then again I do agree that they'd wait until they have experience as well....

I'M CONFUSED.

Just release Flappy Mario and call it a day.

Vena

What about a potential *mini* Super Mario Maker or plug-in therein? Perhaps they found an idea while making SMM or after its launch?

Something along the lines of:

Play SMM levels on the go.

or

Edit SMM levels on the go.

Its an endless and easy content stream that also promotes their product for the "complete" experience. No idea how one would monetize this, though, especially not as Iwata was talking about with not hunting whales but getting equal input from as many people as possible. Perhaps a SMM stage maker that has you buy the sets of items rather than unlock them with no ability to play the levels without the WiiU.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it will be a pretty standard mobile game (match 3, endless runner, collect 870 characters as cards and fuse them/etc) with a slightly less asinine business model than normal.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
04./00. [PSV] Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen # <SLG> (Aqua Plus) {2015.09.24} (¥7.344) - 26.252 / NEW <90,00%>
___

08./00. [PS4] Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen # <SLG> (Aqua Plus) {2015.09.24} (¥7.344) - 18.635 / NEW <80,00%>
___

14./00. [PS3] Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen # <SLG> (Aqua Plus) {2015.09.24} (¥7.344) - 10.693 / NEW <80,00%>
___

21./05. [PSV] World Trigger: Borderless Mission <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.09.17} (¥6.145)
22./00. [PS3] Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Soul <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.09.25} (¥7.690)
23./11. [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4: Empires # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.09.17} (¥7.344)
24./14. [PSV] Samurai Warriors 4: Empires # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.09.17} (¥6.264)
25./20. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 # <RCE> (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥6.156)
26./15. [PS4] Samurai Warriors 4: Empires # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.09.17} (¥7.344)
27./23. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.937)
28./24. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} (¥4.800)
29./13. [PSV] Saki: Zenkoku-hen # <TBL> (Kaga Create) {2015.09.17} (¥7.538)
30./00. [PSV] Teikoku Kaigun Renbojou: Meiji Yokosuka Koushinkyoku <ADV> (D3 Publisher) {2015.09.25} (¥6.458)
31./31. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800)
32./27. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.09.13} (¥5.616)
33./00. [3DS] Famicom Remix Best Choice <Balloon Fight \ Donkey Kong \ Donkey Kong Jr. \ Dr. Mario \ Excitebike \ Kid Icarus \ Kirby's Adventure \ Mario Bros. \ Metroid \ Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! \ Super Mario Bros. \ Super Mario Bros. 2 \ Super Mario Bros. 3 \ Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels \ The Legend of Zelda \ Zelda II: The Adventure of Link> <ETC> (Nintendo) {2015.08.27} (¥3.996)
34./17. [PS4] Destiny: The Taken King - Legendary Edition <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.09.17} (¥8.532)
35./28. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} (¥7.776)
36./34. [PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.07.09} (¥6.145)
37./39. [3DS] Style Savvy 3: Kira Kira Coord <ETC> (Nintendo) {2015.04.16} (¥5.076)
38./42. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.08.07} (¥6.145)
39./37. [3DS] Super Run For Money Tousouchuu Atsumare! Saikyou no Tousou Monotachi <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.07.09} (¥5.119)
40./32. [PS4] Dragon's Dogma Online <ACT> (Capcom) {2015.08.27} (¥8.424)
41./43. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.07.28} (¥4.800)
42./33. [3DS] Super Robot Wars BX <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.08.20} (¥7.171)
43./30. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate [1/1][Best Price!] <ACT> (Capcom) {2015.07.30} (¥3.769)
44./48. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition <RPG> (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2015.04.29} (¥4.320)
45./36. [WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.07.16} (¥6.156)
46./45. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5) {2014.12.13} (¥4.968)
47./38. [3DS] Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest <SLG> (Nintendo) {2015.06.25} (¥5.076)
48./41. [3DS] LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan) {2015.09.03} (¥5.076)
49./50. [WIU] Mario Party 10 # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2015.03.12} (¥5.616)
50./00. [WIU] Super Mario 3D World <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.11.21} (¥5.985)

Top 50

3DS - 21
PSV - 10
PS4 - 7
WIU - 7
PS3 - 5

SOFTWARE
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    541.000 |    611.000 |    738.000 | 24.559.000 | 28.249.000 |

ZhugeEX

Banned
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it will be a pretty standard mobile game (match 3, endless runner, collect 870 characters as cards and fuse them/etc) with a slightly less asinine business model than normal.

Endless runner, Puzzle game or Console experience game makes sense to me.

When I say console experience game I mean a game that releases/has released on console and can be played on mobile as well.

Spiegel

When I say console experience game I mean a game that releases/has released on console and can be played on mobile as well.

They said they weren't going to bring games from consoles iirc. That rules out ports and multi releases.

Vena

In the vein of the last idea, this is where I think the SMM tie in I proposed above would make sense. I do not expect them to outright put a console game on mobile.

ZhugeEX

Banned
They said they weren't going to bring games from consoles iirc. That rules out ports and multi releases.

Hence why I tried to differentiate by using the term "console experience game". By that I don't literally mean the exact same game on console, but instead allows you to play the console game but in a new way.

It's hard to explain exactly what I'm trying to say.

In the vein of the last idea, this is where I think the SMM tie in I proposed above would make sense. I do not expect them to outright put a console game on mobile.

Yeh something like that could work.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

And mario.
What about something in line with p&z mario edition?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
And mario.
What about something in line with p&z mario edition?

Pokemon Shuffle is already in this conceptual space, but yeah, I think something that resembles an existing popular mobile title, but with a different business model (and a few game design decisions to match that reality) would be likely.

I could easily be wrong. As far as prediction goes, guessing what software Nintendo will make to support a new business avenue is one of the hardest tasks.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Pokemon Shuffle is already in this conceptual space, but yeah, I think something that resembles an existing popular mobile title, but with a different business model (and a few game design decisions to match that reality) would be likely.

I could easily be wrong. As far as prediction goes, guessing what software Nintendo will make to support a new business avenue is one of the hardest tasks.

Got it: the last story 2 with terra battle cross events!

Or a hideo kojima game

;p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
While I don't think it's impossible they make something notably resembling their console games in the future, that's something I'm expecting in maybe late year two or more likely year three of their mobile effort, after the first five games are out.

By then the NX will be out and either have succeeded or not, so they can make these without fearing as much about eating their own new platform.

That's not to say there will be no similarity. I wouldn't be shocked at an Animal Crossing house and/or town builder that had different functional mechanics to the handheld/console series.

Vena

While I don't think it's impossible they make something notably resembling their console games in the future, that's something I'm expecting in maybe late year two or more likely year three of their mobile effort, after the first five games are out.

By then the NX will be out and either have succeeded or not, so they can make these without fearing as much about eating their own new platform.

That's not to say there will be no similarity. I wouldn't be shocked at an Animal Crossing house and/or town builder that had different functional mechanics to the handheld/console series.

Why not a product as per the aforementioned SMM tie-in creation/play tool? I think they'd have reason to aim for getting people interested in more expanded purchases on their own console/gaming ecosystem.

Similar tie-ins could be done with AC.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why not a product as per the aforementioned SMM tie-in creation/play tool? I think they'd have reason to aim for getting people interested in more expanded purchases on their own console/gaming ecosystem.

Similar tie-ins could be done with AC.

My main issue is I don't see what the fundamental business model would be.

If they just want to make companion apps, that seems like a pretty straightforward fit, though those are usually completely free things. I guess they could have packed activation codes into the box or required you to log into a Nintendo network where the game was redeemed, but that seems harder post launch.

ZhugeEX

Banned
I guess my issue is I don't see what the fundamental business model would be.

If they just want to make companion apps, that seems like a pretty straightforward fit, though those are usually completely free things. I guess they could have packed activation codes into the box or required you to log into a Nintendo network where the game was redeemed, but that seems harder post launch.

I guess the in-app purchase is for a Wii U console. :p

Seriously, I'd guess that you'd be able to cross purchase goods for use on both the mobile game and console game, even though they play/items can be used differently.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I guess the in-app purchase is for a Wii U console. :p

Seriously, I'd guess that you'd be able to cross purchase goods for use on both the mobile game and console game, even though they play/items can be used differently.

If they add a microtransaction shop to Mario Maker that worked on both platforms, then certainly that'd at least be a better fit for mobile, though at that point it would be somewhat confusing why the game is a paid product on the Wii U when mobile players are presumably getting a lot of base content for free.

Vena

My main issue is I don't see what the fundamental business model would be.

Well for SMM example, the model fits perfectly with Iwata's idea to not pursue whales but instead encourage even spending: buying the tools for the Mini-Maker (or something similar for the Mini-Player). In this way you give a decent taste of the greater product, let the creations be importable to SMM (or whatever game), and actually playable to the full experience. The free experience gives you "Day 1 Toolsets", and the rest costs money (a small fee) to buy. You're otherwise unable to play anything or experience any of the features of SMM.

By giving them a little taste, they get to experience the product and potentially be interested like an extended, super-demo. They can still spend all the time they want building levels and will spend money a few times to unlock tools, giving the product returns on investment even with people who had no interest ever picking up a WiiU+SMM. You may snag a few interested parties along the way though. (And if the person owns the game, they get little perks or something.)

That said, I think this is more realistic to expect with the NX which I expect to be built with these types of relationships in mind (as its another form of scaling and form-factor ubiquity).

I would type out more to be clearer but am currently in a presentation and meeting, and I can't spend too much time replying,

rhandino

Banned
What are the odds that Nintendo will bring to mobile some of the games that had great success during the DS days like Brain Training or Nintendogs? When they announced their plans to make mobile games I thought that those games could be a perfect fit for the platform... idk, I just want more Nintendogs + Brain Training T_T

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well for SMM example, the model fits perfectly with Iwata's idea to not pursue whales but instead encourage even spending: buying the tools for the Mini-Maker (or something similar for the Mini-Player). In this way you give a decent taste of the greater product, let the creations be importable to SMM (or whatever game), and actually playable to the full experience. The free experience gives you "Day 1 Toolsets", and the rest costs money (a small fee) to buy. You're otherwise unable to play anything or experience any of the features of SMM.

By giving them a little taste, they get to experience the product and potentially be interested like an extended, super-demo. They can still spend all the time they want building levels and will spend money a few times to unlock tools, giving the product returns on investment even with people who had no interest ever picking up a WiiU+SMM. You may snag a few interested parties along the way though. (And if the person owns the game, they get little perks or something.)

That said, I think this is more realistic to expect with the NX which I expect to be built with these types of relationships in mind (as its another form of scaling and form-factor ubiquity).

I would type out more to be clearer but am currently in a presentation and meeting, and I can't spend too much time replying,
There are mobile games that have tried this model. Notably, a lot of DS (and some 3DS) adventure games essentially give you the first couple of chapters for free, then you can either buy a bundle of all the remaining content, or buy them in smaller chunks (for example, chapters 3-5, 6-8, etc).

However, this model actually never worked astonishingly well for them. It made some money, but it was pretty marginal at best. We still see some adventure games take this route, usually releasing a while after the console/ahndheld/etc version, as they still want the money, but they also want the bigger money on dedicated platforms up front.

It's not impossible Nintendo breaks the mold and has success major success here, but it seems unlikely. DeNA's CEO has also been pretty clear about the way he's envisioning these products making money and it sounds much more like games that have an endless well of content updates and presumably operate under something that at least resembles a PC f2p game if not all the way over to a mobile f2p game, as opposed to a fixed retail product chopped up into smaller payments.

Here's his quote for context, in a recent interview with an advertising industry website: http://www.alistdaily.com/news/dena-west-ceo-marketing-is-more-expensive-than-creating-a-game

DeNA has entered into a historic partnership with Nintendo to create mobile games based on Nintendo's IP. What's the potential for these games in a mobile marketplace that's already crowded with titles?

Hundreds of millions of people have bought Nintendo consoles. Those are people who decided to spend a minimum of $200 just to get access to Nintendo IP. That number is already twice as big as the Candy Crush total user base. Not only that, every single person buying Nintendo devices spends an average of about $100 per year on software. So I have no question that when Nintendo's mobile games come out, at least 150 or 200 million people will try it. These people are super core Nintendo fans who used to spending $150 to $250 just to access the content. Let's say only 10% end up playing, and then those users pay $3 a month, that's still perhaps a $60 million dollar a month game.
It's hard to imagine how you get 10% of the Mario Maker Mini audience to spend $3 a month every month for years on end, along with having the concept appeal to 150-200 million people in the first place.

ZhugeEX

Banned
I just hope the game is actually F2P (which it will be). If Nintendo try and pull some $15.99 mobile game then they're dead.

What are the odds that Nintendo will bring to mobile some of the games that had great success during the DS days like Brain Training or Nintendogs? When they announced their plans to make mobile games I thought that those games could be a perfect fit for the platform... idk, I just want more Nintendogs + Brain Training T_T

They'd need to build it from the ground up and monetise everything. Then it'd work.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I just hope the game is actually F2P (which it will be). If Nintendo try and pull some $15.99 mobile game then they're dead.

They'd need to build it from the ground up and monetise everything. Then it'd work.

While he didn't 100% explicitly say "Our games will be f2p.", Iwata essentially confirmed their games would be f2p a while back: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1074044

He even pointed out that the price expectations on mobile make it very hard to sell premium software without potentially impacting the perception that their retail games aren't worth a premium price. If they're f2p though, that's just an entirely different business model, the same way tons of Blizzard fans pay $60 for Diablo 3 and then sit around playing their f2p games all day without wondering "Why can I pay $4 for Diablo on mobile, yet have to pay $60 on PC."

ZhugeEX

Banned
While he didn't 100% explicitly say "Our games will be f2p.", Iwata essentially confirmed their games would be f2p a while back: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1074044

He even pointed out that the price expectations on mobile make it very hard to sell premium software without potentially impacting the perception that their retail games aren't worth a premium price. If they're f2p though, that's just an entirely different business model, the same way tons of Blizzard fans pay $60 for Diablo 3 and then sit around playing their f2p games all day without wondering "Why can I pay $4 for Diablo on mobile, yet have to pay $60 on PC."

Yup. I wasn't being too serious with that comment tbh. Just saying it'd be funny if they did that and it'd be the death of their mobile endeavour. Clearly they won't do anything like that.

noshten

That would be hilarious but honestly they need to find out how much people are willing to spend for a non-F2P game as well at some point.

One problem is that Nintendo's previous attempts at f2p haven't been a large success spending wise.

They were solid games and pretty popular, just that people weren't really spending money on them or felt they had a need to really do so, so it would be interesting to see if Nintendo has figured out a way to get people to open those wallets.

Ryng_tolu

Banned

Wii U bundle Mario Maker + Splatoon.
Holy shit. This could sell like crack in Japan!

ZhugeEX

Banned
One problem is that Nintendo's previous attempts at f2p haven't been a large success spending wise.

They were solid games and pretty popular, just that people weren't really spending money on them or felt they had a need to really do so, so it would be interesting to see if Nintendo has figured out a way to get people to open those wallets.

Can you give examples? Outside of Pokemon Shuffle.

Sandfox

From what I've heard those games don't really push you to spend like mobile games tend to.

Ōkami

Can you give examples? Outside of Pokemon Shuffle.
There's Rusty's Real Deal Baseball and some Steel Batallion game on 3DS, both F2P.

I wouldn't count Shuffle as Nintendo btw, that's TPC, same as why the Rumble World on WiiU shouldn't be considered.

Vena

&#332;kami;180579080 said:
There's Rusty's Real Deal Baseball and some Steel Batallion game on 3DS, both F2P.

I wouldn't count Shuffle as Nintendo btw, that's TPC, same as why the Rumble World on WiiU shouldn't be considered.

Those games were experiments, I don't think they were conceived or even intended to be made as products that earned oodles of money from F2P monetization schemes. In fact Steel Diver: Sub Wars got increasingly MORE lenient with what it allowed players to do with time instead of less.

Rusty's even lets you barter and makes sure that you are sure that you want to spend money.

saichi

On a random notes, how is Tokyo Ghoul manga or anime? If anyone has read it, what kind of style of manga is it?

hiska-kun

I made a list of the next releases until the end of the year. We're facing to the worst holiday season ever.
Notes: The list is not complete. Just relevant releases, I ignored sub 50k games with a few exceptions.
Games with potential to sell above 200k are underlined.

Week 40, 2015 (1st of October)

PS4] [PS3] Winning Eleven 2016 (Konami)
[PS4] [PS3] Arslan: The Warriors of Legend (Koei Tecmo)
[PSV] Tokyo Xanadu (Falcom) <30th of September>
[PS4] [PSV] [PS3] Yoru no Nai Kuni (Koei Tecmo)
[3DS] Picross 2 (Nintendo)

Week 41, 2015 (8th of October)

[3DS] Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash (Nintendo)
[3DS] Pro Baseball Famista Returns (Bandai Namco)
[PS4] Uncharted Collection (Sony Japan)

Week 42, 2015 (15th of October)

[3DS] 7th Dragon III: Code VFD (Sega)

Week 43, 2015 (22nd of October)

[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Nintendo)

Week 44, 2015 (29th of October)

[PSV] [PS4] God Eater: Ressurection (Bandai Namco)
[PSV] Yomawari (Nippon Ichi Software)

Week 45, 2015 (5th of November)

[PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Sony Japan)
[3DS] Disney Magic Castle 2: My Happy Life (Bandai Namco)

Week 46, 2015 (12th of November)

[3DS] Project X Zone 2: Brave New World (Bandai Namco)
[PS4] Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Ubisoft)

Week 47, 2015 (19th of November)

[PS4] Star Wars: Battlefront (EA Japan)
[WIU] Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival (Nintendo) <21st of November>

[3DS] Pokemon Rumble World (Pokemon Co.)
[PS4] [PSV] Grand Kingdom (Spike Chunsoft)
[PS4] [PS3] [PSV] Atelier's Sophie (Koei Tecmo)
[PS4] Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Bandai Namco)

Week 48, 2015 (26th of November)

[3DS] Monster Hunter Cross (Capcom) <28th of November>
[3DS] Aikatsu! My No.1 Stage (Bandai Namco)
[PSV] Kan Colle Kai (Kadokawa)
[PS4] [PS3] Blade Arcus from Shining EX (Sega)
[WIU] Taiko no Tatsujin: Atsumete Tomodachi Daisakusen (Bandai Namco)

Week 49, 2015 (3rd of December)

[3DS] Mario & Luigi RPG: Paper Jam (Nintendo)
[WIU] Yo-kai Watch Dance: Just Dance Special Version (Level 5) <5th of December>

Week 50, 2015 (10th of December)

[PS4] Gravity Daze (Sony Japan)
[PSV] Idol M@ster Must Songs (Bandai Namco)

Week 51, 2015 (17th of December)

[3DS] Monster Strike (Mixi)
[PS4] Fallout 4 (Bethesda)

[PS4] [PS3] JoJo Bizarre's Adventure: Eyes of Heaven (Bandai Namco)
[PS4] [PSV] Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (Spike Chunsoft)
[PS4] [PS3] [PSV] Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition (Sega)

Week 52, 2015 (23rd of December)

[3DS] Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives 2 (Sega)
[WIU] Genei Ibunroku #FE (Nintendo) <26th of December>

2015 without release date

[WIU] Mario Tennis Wii U (Nintendo)
[PS4] [PS3] [PSV] Attack on Titan (Koei Tecmo)
[PSV] Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force (Bandai Namco)

BriBri

I'd definitely include Sumikko Gurashi 2 (19 November) and the wildcard of Frozen (3 December). Sega 3D at 50,000 is lol.

hiska-kun

I'd definitely include Sumikko Gurashi 2 (19 November) and the wildcard of Frozen (3 December). Sega 3D at 50,000 is lol.

Notes: The list is not complete. Just relevant releases, I ignored sub 50k games with a few exceptions.

Sumikko 2 will drop as hard as Kobitodzukan 2?
Not sure about the promotion that Frozen will get, if it gets any at all.

Didn't Sumikko get 100k but in the long run?

Also, what about Odin Sphere? I could see it above 50k.

Odin Sphere is January 2016

Dystify

Don't you think Zelda: Triforce Heroes has the potential to break 200k? Even Link between Worlds sold more than 450k (Don't know exact numbers). I know it's not mainline but it has the whole multiplayer aspect going for it, which might drive a lot of sales if there's good word of mouth?

I'd personally say it's a fairly save bet to assume it'll go above 200k, but that's just my opinion.

hiska-kun

Don't you think Zelda: Triforce Heroes has the potential to break 200k? Even Link between Worlds sold more than 450k (Don't know exact numbers). I know it's not mainline but it has the whole multiplayer aspect going for it, which might drive a lot of sales if there's good word of mouth?

I'd personally say it's a fairly save bet to assume it'll go above 200k, but that's just my opinion.

Link Between Worlds didn't hit 450k at retail (425k Famitsu 430k MC).

I can see Triforce Heroes selling more than 200k mostly because Christmas, but I'm not 100% sure of it.

Dystify

Link Between Worlds didn't hit 450k at retail (425k Famitsu 430k MC).

I can see Triforce Heroes selling more than 200k mostly because Christmas, but I'm not 100% sure of it.

But what are your reasons for assuming it'll go below 200k? Most Zelda games sold more than that and this one has decent advertising, (online-) multiplayer, releases in the early christmas season and is on a platform with many Zelda games, so there should be a decent fanbase.

Also wouldn't this be a big sell as Japan loves local-multiplayer, hence why MH is so successful?

It might be a selling factor, but The Legend of Zelda is traditionally a single-player adventure without any multiplayer mode, so the fanbase might not be attracted by this feature - also MHX is just around the corner and YWB provides local multi to a younger audience so the genre is quite well covered right now.

Top Bottom