• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega64 GET READY FOR HALO FEST!!!

Cramoss

I came here to post this.

It's a blatant rip-off. Here is the original:

https://youtu.be/tP4yX2rkpBc

SDQBjWk.gif

Izayoi

Banned
Well, Halo is definitely not cool anymore.

And really, when I think halo fans, I think of people in their early 30s or mid 20s. It really is just not popular with the younger demographic that is absolutely where the popularity of games like Overwatch are.
Alas, 343 can't seem to take a hint and continually chases after the younger crowd with this bullshit - driving the franchise further into the ground with each passing iteration.

A real head-scratcher, that.

Perennially confused by what 'relevant' means in this context and why i should care as long as i can play. Seems odd in a place that worships games that sell less.

I fond this pretty funny and somewhat sad. Halo 5's multiplayer is great, but no doubt it lost its unique identity trying to chase other shooters. I don't mind the ADS (as it's mostly cosmetic) and sprint is okay, but Halo would stand out more if it wasn't chasing genre conventions. Halo 6 needs to get back to its roots a bit.

I think if they went back to the old artstyle, gave us classic scopes and removed sprint they would gain a lot of people back. They can still retain some new mechanics like groundpound and the thruster pack since those are mechanics that actually make sense (as they were inspired and not simply copying genre tropes). Having a weak campaign also hurt the overall perception of the package. Even if the multiplayer is good, people say the game sucks because the campaign sucks. They need to look at what made CE, 3's and ODST's campaigns great. Halo 6 should be in better shape as the Xbox One is stronger now, plus a PC version is likely, but if they don't make more adjustments to make Halo more like classic Halo, it won't be enough.

I fond this pretty funny and somewhat sad. Halo 5's multiplayer is great, but no doubt it lost its unique identity trying to chase other shooters. I don't mind the ADS (as it's mostly cosmetic) and sprint is okay, but Halo would stand out more if it wasn't chasing genre conventions. Halo 6 needs to get back to its roots a bit.

I think if they went back to the old artstyle, gave us classic scopes and removed sprint they would gain a lot of people back. They can still retain some new mechanics like groundpound and the thruster pack since those are mechanics that actually make sense (as they were inspired and not simply copying genre tropes). Having a weak campaign also hurt the overall perception of the package. Even if the multiplayer is good, people say the game sucks because the campaign sucks. They need to look at what made CE, 3's and ODST's campaigns great. Halo 6 should be in better shape as the Xbox One is stronger now, plus a PC version is likely, but if they don't make more adjustments to make Halo more like classic Halo, it won't be enough.
How is the xbox one stronger now

Top Bottom