• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

I don't quite believe that. I don't think they decided to split the games during development. Despite what's been said, I think it was a planned cash grab from the get go.

They only split it off when Konami realized they had no other games they could put out this year.

Chinner

Banned
I wish Konami would patch GZ to get rid of that story block when you're streaming a cutscene. It's been like almost a year, and the game is like an hour long; get rid of it!

Hope they don't do it with TPP. It's lame.

JayEH

I wish Konami would patch GZ to get rid of that story block when you're streaming a cutscene. It's been like almost a year, and the game is like an hour long; get rid of it!

Hope they don't do it with TPP. It's lame.

I thought they only did that when it's the Paz scene and the Kaz voice overs at the end of the mission.

Skullface

While their decision to split them up eventually was indeed a money grab, it wasn't the case from the start.

Neither of us can ever be 100% certain one way or the other.

Any way, my original point is that there may be some interesting, spoilerific information in the code.

If we fail and he our hope dies, we lose our chance at revenge.

But we need more Intel. If you just go charging into Kojima Station, you'll be putting both of our hypes at risk. See what you can find out first. YongYea has other sources -- not just the one you saw.

I suppose for better or worse, at least we had some type of MGS game to play this year.

I would have lost it without Ground Zeroes. Definitely the best game I've played this year.

Batzi

Banned
I suppose for better or worse, at least we had some type of MGS game to play this year.
I thought it was necessary for them to release GZ separately. I needed my MGS fix.
But we need more Intel. If you just go charging into Kojima Station, you'll be putting both of our hypes at risk. See what you can find out first. YongYea has other sources -- not just the one you saw.
I only said what I said regarding this week because I have my own sources. Trusted and they couldn't say more. Let's just say that they work in the gaming industry for big development studios that spawn a game from a very popular franchise every year around this time of the year.
I would have lost it without Ground Zeroes. Definitely the best game I've played this year.

Same. Add PT to that. To be honest with you, PT was a far better unique experience to me than GZ and that's coming from a HUGE Metal Gear fan.

I only said what I said regarding this week because I have my own sources. Trusted and they couldn't say more. Let's just say that they work in the gaming industry for big development studios that spawn a game from a very popular franchise every year around this time of the year.

Oh, yeah? ;-) Batzi-kun has dat info. Well, nice! I believed in the Christmas day release date reveal from the jump, so here's hoping your sources are on point.

Same. Add PT to that. To be honest with you, PT was a far better unique experience to me than GZ and that's coming from a HUGE Metal Gear fan.

PT is, by far, the coolest thing that has happened in gaming in quite a while. I know what you mean, though. Ground Zeroes doesn't retain a lot of the series' charm that will make a return in TPP and so I think that's part of it (for me, at least). I think of Ground Zeroes more so as the best Splinter Cell game I've ever played, in a lot of ways.

Batzi

Banned
Oh, yeah? ;-) Batzi-kun has dat info. Well, nice! I believed in the Christmas day release date reveal from the jump, so here's hoping your sources are on point.
The announcement is coming before the end of year most likely this week. The 6 & 22 weren't coincidences, not with Kojima. He visited the Swedish Embassy and met with game developers there. And at the TGAs he was wearing t-shirt with Swedish writing on it. Moby Dick Studio is a fake Swedish studio same with Joakim Mogren. Everything adds up. That's our theory, "they" hinted at it.
PT is, by far, the coolest thing that has happened in gaming in quite a while. I know what you mean, though. Ground Zeroes doesn't retain a lot of the series' charm that will make a return in TPP and so I think that's part of it (for me, at least). I think of Ground Zeroes more so as the best Splinter Cell game I've ever played, in a lot of ways.
Please leave that garbage out of our forum.

Please leave that garbage out of our forum.

XD Blacklist is pretty OK. Ground Zeroes is still a Hideo Kojima game, though, and has many characteristics that can only be found in one of his games. But still, a lot of that stuff that TPP has to lighten the mood just isn't in place in GZ, and that's a huge part of the games -- it's partly what separates Metal Gear from the rest.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Uhm why would the asscreed or call of duty devs know anything about a MGSV release date? o_O

JayEH

Uhm why would the asscreed or call of duty devs know anything about a MGSV release date? o_O

My only guess here is it's Infinity Ward (which is located in LA) and they know people who work at Koji Pro LA who know the release date lol.

I don't care though. #TeamBatzi all the way.

Batzi

Banned

Those people happen to be very close friends of mine. You think Konami employees keep their lips sealed? People talk.

FYI, I'm not saying this for the sake of creating hype. I'm only saying it because it was hinted to me by them. They wouldn't tell me exactly what day but when asked "is it related to the release dates theory (Merry Christmas on)" they said "yes".

Sn4ke_911

Those people happen to be very close friends of mine. You think Konami employees keep their lips sealed? People talk.

FYI, I'm not saying this for the sake of creating hype. I'm only saying it because it was hinted to me by them. They wouldn't tell me exactly what day but when asked "is it related to the release dates theory (Merry Christmas on)" they said "yes".

God dammit man, don't do this to me. Now I'm getting all hype again so in the end i can get crushed and burned again.

Batzi

Banned
God dammit man, don't do this to me. Now I'm getting all hype again so in the end i can get crushed and burned again.

Dude you think I didn't push them to tell me more? Everytime I ask about it I get "we're keeping our lips sealed!". They know it. I will try one last time tomorrow. But if it's related to the "Merry Christmas" theory than yes expect it this week! ;)

h.o.l.y.s.h.i.t.

itshappening.gif

Sn4ke_911

I don't know why they would reveal a release date on Kojima Station. A big event like TGA's or PSX just a few weeks ago would have been better, but hey i'd take it.

Chinner

Banned

I thought it was necessary for them to release GZ separately. I needed my MGS fix.

s.

Agreed. Ground Zeroes is an excellent game, not sure where I'd rank it for 2014 but considering the content it offers I've got a lot of hours out of it. I'm not really bothered that they cut it from TPP, as it appears that TPP is going to be a mammoth of a game.

JayEH

I don't know why they would reveal a release date on Kojima Station. A big event like TGA's or PSX just a few weeks ago would have been better, but hey i'd take it.

They'll probably just announce the Japanese release date and then confirm the next day that it's a simultaneous release.

Sn4ke_911

In the credits of GZ there is something about "Camp X-Ray" i bet there will be more camps like Omega and X-Ray in the game and maybe the waterboarding scene from the E3 2013 trailer isn't from Camp Omega.

Batzi

Banned

GZ's release date wasn't announced at an event. It was announced through the "Jamais Vu" trailer. MGS4's release date was announced through a podcast (Ryan Payton days).

Palpable

In the credits of GZ there is something about "Camp X-Ray" i bet there will be more camps like Omega and X-Ray in the game and maybe the waterboarding scene from the E3 2013 trailer isn't from Camp Omega.

Camp X-Ray was the name of the real detention center camp at Gitmo which Camp Omega is based off of.

Batzi

Banned
It'll be interesting how they bring back camp Omega in MGSV, wonder what Kojima's 'twist' is relating it.

Wouldn't be so different 9 years later. It's a detention camp. Prisoners change (either they leave or they die there). Who is that prisoner they're torturing though? Was Kojima showing us the brutality of humanity or is there a story behind that detainee we should know about?

Chinner

Banned
It could be anything at this moment, it's hard to tell with so little information. Supposedly there is some kind of twist that can only be done in a video game. Makes me wonder if it depends on how much you have done in GZ or your percentage counter.

Salaadin

It could be anything at this moment, it's hard to tell with so little information. Supposedly there is some kind of twist that can only be done in a video game. Makes me wonder if it depends on how much you have done in GZ or your percentage counter.

I'm excited for it. Kojima seems to be in full fuck around mode lately. Maybe more than usual.

Vally

There's a guy on reddit who claims to work at a major retail store and says the release date just changed from 12/31/2014 to 2/24/2015

FhVMaXg.jpg

That could very well be another placeholder date, but someone else in this thread already mentioned a possible February release:

Well, if anyone is looking to get their hopes up, this MIGHT do it, but it's to be taken with a tremendously huge grain of salt:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain In February?

I didn't want to hype myself up, but fuck it. #teamBatzi #teamFebruary

There's a guy on reddit who claims to work at a major retail store and says the release date just changed from 12/31/2014 to 2/24/2015

That could very well be another placeholder date, but someone else in this thread already mentioned a possible February release:

2/24/2015... Falls on a Tuesday! o_O Usually, placeholders come at the end of the month, so... this could be legit!!!!!

Slowdive

Banned

Oh my god, please be true.

JayEH

Rejoice, brothers! It's happening. The shirt, Batzi, the other person in this thread that claimed February. It all leads to this.

#TeamBatzi

Sn4ke_911

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

Someone make a new thread, I'm on phone.

Batzi

Banned

2/24/2015... Falls on a Tuesday! o_O Usually, placeholders come at the end of the month, so... this could be legit!!!!!

Oh my god, please be true.

Rejoice, brothers! It's happening. The shirt, Batzi, the other person in this thread that claimed February. It all leads to this.

#TeamBatzi

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

Someone make a new thread, I'm on phone.

This is it BROTHERS! Our final moment! The war is over, but we ARE NOT YET FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom