• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaadin

Look what I got!

1Rb1TI5.jpeg

Oh shit you got to watching TTGL? (if I remember correctly you were the person who asked about animu recs)

I was in that conversation, but I was the GL advocate! I think it was Brau. He said Kill la Kill was too much but he liked FLCL.

And TTGL is my favorite. I have a holy trifecta of entertainment. The Beatles, Metal Gear, TTGL.

Akiller

.Hahahaha! Perfect response to a newcomer.

Love Deterrence, you are second in command of Cipher Cats. However we need more members in order to combat Diamond Dawgs! Find them! To motivate them, here are special Cipher Cats avatars.

Revolver Ocelot, a loyal "Cipher Cats" member.
sox56fnx.png

Solid Cat, Big Boss' worst nightmare!
qyscez3g.png

I really liked KLK and I'm not talking about the fan service in it. The action alone did it for me.

I loved Kill la Kill! Especially the characters, costume design, and kind of meta commentary. It's exaggerating fan service and magical girl animes, like TTGL exaggerates mecha anime, like MGS exaggerates the American action hero tropes.

Plus, you're right. The animation is so fluid when they put the budget into it. I heard an anime critic describe that best as "the budget is spread like a 4 year old asked to butter a thousand pieces of toast. Clumpy and uneven." Not a direct quote, but you catch my drift.

Maybe the one in TPP will take 2 weeks like the one in MGS3 was supposed to.

Also, first post in MGC thread, hi everybody!

Be prepared to exclusively talk about Metal Gear and nothing else.

Love Deterrence, you are second in command of Cipher Cats. However we need more members in order to combat Diamond Dawgs! Find them! To motivate them, here are special Cipher Cats avatars.

Revolver Ocelot, a loyal "Cipher Cats" member.
sox56fnx.png

Solid Cat, Big Boss' worst nightmare!
qyscez3g.png

What can I do to help, brother?!?!?!

waz the OT poll some of you are talking about?

IT'S OVER!

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| What the fuck happened here? You people are insane.

Akiller

I really liked KLK and I'm not talking about the fan service in it. The action alone did it for me.

I loved Kill la Kill! Especially the characters, costume design, and kind of meta commentary. It's exaggerating fan service and magical girl animes, like TTGL exaggerates mecha anime, like MGS exaggerates the American action hero tropes.

Plus, you're right. The animation is so fluid when they put the budget into it. I heard an anime critic describe that best as "the budget is spread like a 4 year old asked to butter a thousand pieces of toast. Clumpy and uneven." Not a direct quote, but you catch my drift.

Be prepared to exclusively talk about Metal Gear and nothing else.

Reminder:
8d70f491e3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom