• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience Announced (GZ + NAIN STORY + DLC) 10/11

Reminds me I need to get back to this game. I think I left off after that highly memorable mission in the desert where you had to extract the guy, it was about 30 hours in.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
tumblr_ly164vQDV11rnxe6ho1_500.jpg

Konami really has a way with box art

Disappointing there isn't anything new since I already have all this. Still one of the top 3 games I have played in 30 years of gaming. I think it's gaming bliss.

Tovarisc

I am just trying to stop people from wasting their money and time on this. I know I wished someone told me the same before I bought it.

Ocelot's face looks weird in this art.

I'm glad I got this for free with my GPU. After all hype I have heard over years about MGS games when it comes to stories MGSV was pure disaster zone. Some worst incomplete nonsense I have played in years. Great stealth gameplay tho, Splinter Cell on steroids.

Shame that MGSV had so troubled development and came out as half baked.

Kindekuma

Banned
As this been confirmed? It's what will decide my purchase.

This is a literal repacking of both games in one disc. GZ is like 4GB on disc, and TPP is 27GB. Blu-Ray can hold like 50GBs if not more. So since both games launched differently it comes off as a better value to consumers who didn't get the game already since everything is included in one package.

If you're thinking there's going to be any changes to both games compared to whats out now, you're going to be very disappointed.

Justinh

What the hell does NAIN STORY even mean??

OP must've misspelled "nein."

Good for people who haven't bought the game, I guess.
I think people need to just let go of the Chapter 3 thing. If it existed, it would've probably been released already.
If it didn't exist already, then it means that it was made without Kojima, so why would anyone want it anyways?

edit: fiddlesticks!

pfffft, lmao

What happened to monochrome Shinkawa box art? Why'd that ever stop being a thing? Is it so they can force people who want it to spring up for steelbook limited editions or something?

I'm not sure what people were expecting with this.The chance of more MGSV content was already super low. When Survive got announced, any expectations for more MGSV content should have went out the window.

I loved the game up until they threw all that Base building/defending and online shit at you. Aint nobody got time for that. Did they remove the online stuff with your base?

Well, you can always just not participate in that online stuff. I replayed MGSV again a few months ago, never bothered to touch all that stupid FOB stuff.

Opa-Pa

I love that Phantom Pain art so I'm glad it's getting more use. Didn't really care for TPP's cover so this is definitely an improvement... Could do without the 10/10 nonsense tho.

I originally played this on PS3 and was considering to get it on PS4 so this sounds like a nice deal.

😧😧😧

Its almost like waiting 3 months after launch doesn't make sense either. Maybe I should bump my game purchases to a year after launch so I can buy these repackages. I still have my original purchase for MGV in the plastic untouched and I got GZ from PS+.

Sigh.....

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
OP must've misspelled "nein."

Good for people who haven't bought the game, I guess.
I think people need to just let go of the Chapter 3 thing. If it existed, it would've probably been released already.
If it didn't exist already, then it means that it was made without Kojima, so why would anyone want it anyways?

edit: fiddlesticks!

Well, mission 51 was already completely storyboarded out and had cutscenes that were partially complete. So if Konami released mission(s) based off that it would still be like Kojima was behind it. I would definitely play that.

But I agree about needing to just let go. I DO think there should have been at least a small blurb in the credits about what happened to Liquid. People will compare it to Liquid's fate being ambiguous in MGS2 but that never claimed to be a missing link nor was it an interquel, so that dropped plot point sticks out like a sore thumb. You pretty much have to watch the mission 51 development video to know how MGSV wraps up lol

No.

Already have two copies of TPP, not buying a third copy of the most disappointing MGS game of all time. Seriously, you stop making the game and release a what would've been chapter 3 storyboard video to appease fans..? Then you Fire Kojima, disband KojiPro, turn to pachinko, and remake glorious MGS3 cutscenes for it..? You call Metal Gear Survive, a cheap generic coop zombie shooter. earning my trust back...?!? Until you announce MGS3 REMAKE, you're dead to me Konami. Not buying your cheap cash grab releases.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
the only thing that would have made me interested in this is if they tweaked gz to run on the updated tpp engine with the improved controls and rendering

as it stands this looks like they are just throwing the 2 original discs with new labels in a box with a piece of paper for dlc codes. they also redesigned the label to match their stupid zombie game

im not disappointed though. i knew even that much was nothing but pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking when konami is involved

Ridley327

I'm glad I got this for free with my GPU. After all hype I have heard over years about MGS games when it comes to stories MGSV was pure disaster zone. Some worst incomplete nonsense I have played in years. Great stealth gameplay tho, Splinter Cell on steroids.

Shame that MGSV had so troubled development and came out as half baked.

If it makes you feel any better, this isn't even the most nonsensical the series has gotten!

Whales

Banned
ya'll exaggerating so hard, remove that little red sticker with the 10 ou of 10 and its a great looking gamebox

Tovarisc

If it makes you feel any better, this isn't even the most nonsensical the series has gotten!

I mean once I just accepted that game won't and just can't deliver on story front I started to ignore it and focus on core gameplay loop. As stealth game MGSV is good, controls so well. I did find justification for Quiets appearance to be extremely bad tho, amazed Kojima didn't get shit for it.

Top Bottom