• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Azure is available to everyone, including PS exclusives

TBiddy

yeah i know , just was a bit sarcastic ;-)
They way they marketed it before was some kind of glorious save-the-world and gaming kind of magical power of the cloud .... i am just disgusted my such marketing as its just standard cloud service and imo not that amazing

No they didn't. They marketed it as a cloud service, that could be used to enable games with dedicated servers, extra processing power for AI and more.

From what I've seen, it's mainly been the "anti-Microsoft club" that has grabbed the term "Power of the Cloud" and used it to make fun of the XB1 and MS.

That would be a very specialized hardware setup, difficult and expensive to implement, and entirely unnecessary since the amount of CPU used to write network results to RAM would not be enough to spend the money on.

Not to mention the security implications if a remote machine could write directly to the memory of your console.

John Wick

Because Respawn/EA may want Sony to foot half the costs for the service? Not sure. I know with Azure and Microsoft Respawn gets a huge discount.

Why would Sony foot the bill of a 3rd party game? Sony aren't a charity.
Also yes there is a discount for Respawn for the first Titanfall using Azure but how much nobody knows. It won't have been huge. Also with Titanfall 2 being multiplatform doubt there is going be much discount as MS have nothing to gain. Exclusivity got them that discount.

SwolBro

Banned
It doesn't need to be Azure. That's just one of many similar services. I think what you mean is you want Titanfall 2 to have dedicated servers. There is no reason why it's severs need to be specifically Azure based.

Right, but i trust Azure more than some EA bullshit server. There has not been a smoother shooter experience on console. This has been by far the best connection experience ever (a long with Halo 5).

Why would Sony foot the bill of a 3rd party game? Sony aren't a charity.
Also yes there is a discount for Respawn for the first Titanfall using Azure but how much nobody knows. It won't have been huge. Also with Titanfall 2 being multiplatform doubt there is going be much discount as MS have nothing to gain. Exclusivity got them that discount.

Of course they would. It'd be a better experience if it were on Azure. And if it goes on Azure with the PS4 as well they'd surely get a bit of revenue from that.

Top Bottom