• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

As someone who preordered digitally, I would weep and then still play it to decide for myself.

Hopefully that wont happen and it gets good reviews though!

i am guessing it'll be in the 8-9 range, but then again we've seen plenty of games that looked good but turned out to be okay.

also, the lack of hype, marketing and awareness would probably affect how reviewers see this game. they would want to push the game more into the spotlight.

i was just thinking, if watchdogs and destiny didn't get as much marketing and hype, would they have scored higher? i think most reviewers scored those games not solely by the games' merits but also the added "effects" of marketing and hype, which are both external factors.

ironcreed

Banned
it-begins.gif

I am going to call a solid 8.5 from IGN and 8 from Polygon. But I would love to be surprised with even higher scores.

Guys, the real question: are you going PC, PS4 or Xbox One? Personally, I'm stuck between PC or PS4.

PC.

I'm ready to be burned like a balrog. (Yes I know they don't actually look like that, but Jackson's interpretation is hella awesome.)

1.5 points

Yeah, I think it's probably just pretty good or maybe it leans great. I don't expect mediocre or masterful.

That's a huge range when most almost all big releases score between 7-10. The first five points might as well not exist.

Xbox One, even though I own all consoles and a great PC, I'm just attached more to my Xbox account especially since most of my friends are there. That's what happens when you stick with MS beginning of last gen lol.

Xbox One, even though I own all consoles and a great PC, I'm just attached more to my Xbox account especially since most of my friends are there. That's what happens when you stick with MS beginning of last gen lol.

well it's not like the game has MP or anything. you can always output the ps4 through hdmi in lol

i am guessing it'll be in the 8-9 range, but then again we've seen plenty of games that looked good but turned out to be okay.

also, the lack of hype, marketing and awareness would probably affect how reviewers see this game. they would want to push the game more into the spotlight.

i was just thinking, if watchdogs and destiny didn't get as much marketing and hype, would they have scored higher? i think most reviewers scored those games not solely by the games' merits but also the added "effects" of marketing and hype, which are both external factors.

I think you're right, but who knew Dark Souls II would have a 92 Metacritic (and it's not as good a game as the first two Souls games imo).

Am I correct that there is NO multiplayer at all in this game?

The only connectivity is with the nemesis system. Say a orc kills you...That prev may pop up in your friends game slightly more powerful now. Your friend can now try to avenge you for some reward (I think a rune)

Guys, the real question: are you going PC, PS4 or Xbox One? Personally, I'm stuck between PC or PS4.

Same here. Waiting for tomorrow to check out footage. If the 60fps or unlocked framerate is true I will probably go PS4 for the extra missions.

joshcam19

Well there's no multiplayer, so might as well go for best version. Which seems to be PS4 or PC. But if that's your preference, I'm sure that version will be fine.

Am I correct that there is NO multiplayer at all in this game?

There are online components (namely the Vendetta system where you avenge your friend's deaths), but no multiplayer.

And it just struck me that the recently-released Gauntlet has WBplay account stuff. I think this bodes ill for Shadows of Mordor, especially since there is an online component.

Well there's no multiplayer, so might as well go for best version. Which seems to be PS4 or PC. But if that's your preference, I'm sure that version will be fine.

well it's not like the game has MP or anything. you can always output the ps4 through hdmi in lol

Yeah, I know. Lmao at the hdmi in suggestion. It's just that I'm attached to my Xbox account and usually after completing games, I like doing the extra stuff while talking with my friends and all. If things like resolution and frame rates bugged me, I would have left consoles a long time ago and played on PC only since that's where the best of the best is if anyone is bothered by those type of things.

Getting my first PS4 tomorrow and this will be the 2nd game I get. So Physical PS4 copy all the way. I think I might lean 80% physical for most of my games this gen. Also remote play with Vita looks pretty awesome!

Jira

PC, can't beat getting the game and season pass for $49.

I want to get this for my PC... but PS4 Remote Play with Vita has been so good to me... so so good

If you have an nvidia gpu you can stream to any android device via Limelight @ 1080/60 or even use steam in house streaming.

Top Bottom