• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

PC graphic options.....sexy
ShadowOfMordor-2014-09-25-20-55-27-91.png

My GTX 580 is weaping :( Guess I should just get this on ps4...

There's apparently a Ultra-Texture option on PC that requires 6GB VRAM. Fucking what. I just got my 980 and already feel like it's been overshadowed. Lol

Reminds me of when Doom 3 came out. Their Ultra texture option required 512MB of VRAM, which at the time was insane because there was no graphics card on the market that had that much VRAM (however the game was a great benchmark for this reason and was future proofed for a while)! I'm pretty sure there was a warning in the game when you selected that just to tell people "Hey, chances are your graphics card can't run this, don't do it".

Granted, maybe a better analogy would be if it required 8 or 10GB or something, since there are cards with 6GB on the market.

I was going to get a physical version of this. Now I'm really debating going digital and getting the season pass just to have that goodness on my PS4 at all times whenever I get the urge to play.

Panda Rin

some other peeps on the b/s/l thread have the premium edition for steam for about $34 if anyone is interested. There is no hesitation on my end.

xBladeM6x

Here's to hoping as well reviewed as the game may be, it plays well on mid-high end systems. I'm cool with having textures at high, but it'll kill me if the game turned out to be Watch Dogs level of unoptimized.

I'm actually really excited for the game. :p

Kud Dukan

Trying to decide if I should go with the PC or PS4 version. My PC is a few years old now, but the 3GB GTX 580 still usually handles anything I throw at it.

Astral

I don't think my wallet can handle both this and The Evil Within. Part of me was hoping this game wouldn't be too good because of that lol.

Jira

Is it me or does the PC version look kind've lackluster on max settings?

It's a youtube video, they're always compressed to shit. Go grab an uncompressed video from gamersyde and then go look at one on youtube of the same game.

PepperedHam

Can't wait to pick this up next week.

Watching the combat play out on video gets me so god damn hyped to play it.

Oh it's visceral Jerry.
cosmo-kramer-everyone-seinfeld--large-msg-132036321514.jpg

J3ffro

I'd love to see the preorder numbers from when the embargo dropped. I'm guessing this is going to be a big weekend on that front.

I'm one of 'em.

VanWinkle

I was hoping this would be for LOTR what Arkham Asylum was for Batman games. I tried to temper my expectations somewhat but it was tough. Looks like I didn't need to, after all.

Also, watching the IGN video review, there's no tearing whatsoever. Who knows what was going on with that one build. Looks fantastic.

I wonder if Monolith/WB scrambled to get the PC version out the door for reviews, or if they were just stonewalling RPS' access to the game... for some reason.

I was hoping this would be for LOTR what Arkham Asylum was for Batman games. I tried to temper my expectations somewhat but it was tough. Looks like I didn't need to, after all.

Also, watching the IGN video review, there's no tearing whatsoever. Who knows what was going on with that one build. Looks fantastic.

Re: the bolded: That would be glorious. I hope it comes true.

LotR games have always been fun, but being legitimately good games would be an added bonus. SoM looks to have begun this bold new trend.

Marcel

My last LOTR game was the one where you control Gandalf during the Battle of Minas Tirith. Was that Return of the King for PS2?

I had almost no hype for this game, but the reviews are pulling me in. Damn, I don't need another game to play this holiday, but looks like I will be getting this one now.

Marcel

Probably. That was a level in the game.

RotK was incredibly fun, considering what it was.

I only have a fondness for that genre and era. The PS2 brawler/character action game with stat progression (sometimes). The Warriors, the LOTR games, etc.

Shadow of Mordor has my attention, that's for sure. I'm glad I didn't let it slip under my radar.

Top Bottom