• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

Eusis

i7 4770k
16gb DDR3
290x
I'd at most have waited to hear of strange issues, which didn't seem to have happened.

I'm in a better position to sweat it there, i5 2500k/8GB ram/560 Ti with 1GB VRAM. And unless their recommendations are grossly off I'd probably be better off with PS4 without a video card update.

Future Krappa,

The original OT was "Boromir was wrong", then "One simply parkours into Mordor", then back again. More correspondence to follow should the War of the OT change.

Cordially,

Past Krappa

HowZatOZ

Banned
Ugh, I fear GMG is going to repeat their Watch Dogs fiasco and not have keys out before launch. I'd love to download the 38GB now rather than later...

Why does the OT title keep changing??

Same for Destiny. I've never seen that before. Not so often at least.

It's kind of fitting actually. The thread title is constantly being usurped by new thread titles much in the way the nemesis system works in the game.

Some mod should dedicate all of their time to keeping this meta nonsense going.

I normally don't say this, but I'm not spoiling myself. It's pretty obvious the orcs, and their personalities are the highlight of this game. Wanna go in fresh with that stuff.

haha yeah i feel you. I was really impressed by how unique each of the orcs looks and how they all have their own motives for doing things. Monolith really put a lot of time into this game and it shows with the level of detail.

burgerdog

Ugh, I fear GMG is going to repeat their Watch Dogs fiasco and not have keys out before launch. I'd love to download the 38GB now rather than later...

Even though I'm going to be playing DS2 on the 30th, it would be nice if SoM was installed. In case I want to check it out for a few minutes!

Tagg9

I'm kind of amazed at how positive everyone is for this game, especially after the trainwreck that was Destiny (as seen in its OT and review thread). And very few people here have even played Shador of Mordor!

Question for you guys - do you think that this positivity is mostly a result of minimal advertising/hyping of the game beforehand? As in, no one really had any expectations for the game in the first place, so they could only ever be impressed with the result? Again, this is in sharp contrast with Destiny, which was marketed to hell and back (and because of this, many gamers wanted it to fail).

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
I'm kind of amazed at how positive everyone is for this game, especially after the trainwreck that was Destiny (as seen in its OT and review thread). And very few people here have even played Shador of Mordor!

Question for you guys - do you think that this positivity is mostly a result of minimal advertising/hyping of the game beforehand? As in, no one really had any expectations for the game in the first place, so they could only ever be impressed with the result? Again, this is in sharp contrast with Destiny, which was marketed to hell and back (and because of this, many gamers seemingly wanted it to fail).

Maybe, it didn't really seem to get a lot of press coverage despite being at all the major conventions and what not. I think now as the good reviews are coming out people have finally noticed it. That and the fact most LoTR/middle earth games have been shit. I keep hearing the Batman AA comparison, apparently this game is following a similar trend of attention? IDK, wasn't on GAF at the time.

Daft_Cat

Question for you guys - do you think that this positivity is mostly a result of minimal advertising/hyping of the game beforehand? As in, no one really had any expectations for the game in the first place, so they could only ever be impressed with the result? Again, this is in sharp contrast with Destiny, which was marketed to hell and back (and because of this, many gamers wanted it to fail).

It probably has something more to do with Shadow of Mordor being a good game that's lacking in a bunch of divisive design decisions.

Comparing this games dev cycle to Destiny is insane.

Destiny is a Legacy Child groomed from inception to be the next King.

Seriously, that's like asking why do we think Sliders is a good show if Fringe exists. Or we why think other movies are good if Avatar/Titanic exist.

d00d3n

I forgot about this coming out so soon, but it is a good surprise. Anyway, what is the PC release timer showing when you log in with an IP from Korea/Japan? How many hours are left until release? I would check myself, but I just got to work.

Rurunaki

So you are saying it was there and back again?

98854-huehuehue-lizard-meme-hue-rept-895m.jpeg

HowZatOZ

Banned
NBN & home for me, so basically I log into Steam, redeem the code, then tell Steam to download it on my home PC.

So not actually a major issue for me :p

Damn you! I did have cable at old place, but moved to Ashgrove and have to deal with ADSL2+ :(

Ugh, re-watching these trailers makes me so much more eager. One thing I've been super excited about since its initial announcement was the fact the sword had no clipping onto the cloak. Blew my mind.

Jb

That dark ranger cape is pretty dope. Fuck, I usually never give a shit about preorder stuff but I might do it for this game.

Top Bottom