• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midnight Club"Remaster"leaked from Xbox Live

xrnzaaas

The second photo shows the rear lights of the current generation of the Ford Mustang so it can't be a simple remaster assuming it's not fake. Anyway I hope for a multiplatform release. :)

jmizzal

Woah is Rockstar really about to put out remasters

This and the LA Nair rumor, give me Vice City remastered

salromano

Woah is Rockstar really about to put out remasters

This and the LA Nair rumor, give me Vice City remastered

In this case, the person who found it is just assuming it's a remaster because it doesn't have a subtitle. It's probably a reboot, if anything.

The original Midnight Club wasn't even on Xbox, so it can't be a backwards compatible game. Why would it say just "Midnight Club" if it was Midnight Club 2+?

This has to be a remaster or a reboot.
Remaster seems unlikely as Midnight Club didn't have licenced cars until DUB edition. I doubt they'd licence a bunch of real cars and redo a bunch of cars to suit those licences for a simple remaster.

So wait built from the ground up or just a port?
No one knows for sure but given the above and the presence of new cars it's not a port.

shandy706

Remaster seems unlikely as Midnight Club didn't have licenced cars until DUB edition. I doubt they'd licence a bunch of real cars and redo a bunch of cars to suit those licences for a simple remaster.

Has to be a new game with those licensed cars and that being a current model Mustang on the title screen.

Has to be a new game with those licensed cars and that being a current model Mustang on the title screen.
I don't really mind I just need some Midnight Club goodness. Favourite racing series. Hopefully they bring back multiple cities. LA was OK but I loved switching it up. DUB Edition 2 would be great, I'd have kinda loved if they went back to unlicensed cars.

VeeP

Please be MC3DUB Edition. I really didn't like LA, I think the Rubber Banding was just terrible.

Please be out on PC, PS4, X1, and Switch. I would love it on the Switch, but I'd take it on anything really.

The pics in the OP update definitely can't be from Midnight Club 1 or 2, as they didn't have licenced cars.

Was the R34 GTR in MC3 or only from MCLA onwards? UI isn't anything like MCLA anyway.

Rellik

Someone in that GTA6 thread did mention that Rockstar was currently working on something else that wasn't RDR or GTA.

xzeldax3

I'm super hyped for this because I've been a huge fan of this series for years! I hope it isn't just a concept.

farisr

OMG PLEASE BE REAL!!!!!

the crew is ok at best compared to midnight club
The Crew 2 actually looks like a legit contender, but always online kills it for me. Won't be spending any money specifically on it, will play when it shows up as a GWG or PS+ title.

Absolutely down for this (unless this turns out to be always online as well).

RockmanBN

Finally an arcade racer. Needed one since 3.
Haven't been keeping up with the AAA ones with official cars. I'm ignorant on what's out. Only ones I hear about are Forza, Grand Turismo, and Need For Speed. Alot of them seem to go for the realistic xim4 route.

That's a modern mustang in the title screen. Could it be a new game?

Ford avoided all street racing games until MC:LA because they believe it would tarnish their image.

MC:LA's debut trailer featured the Mustang prominently in it for that reason, to show Ford finally was on board.

So this is either injecting new cars into the old game, or a reboot.

Seems they maybe just had to relicense cars and went with getting a few more.

shockdude

ooh booy.
Now the real question is whether the handling will be modern and heavy like MC3 and MCLA, or pure arcade insanity like MC2.

VeeP

ooh booy.
Now the real question is whether the handling will be modern and heavy like MC3 and MCLA, or pure arcade insanity like MC2.

Was the handling heavy in MC3? After going from MC3 to MCLA, the handling felt a lot heavier.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Fucking yes!!!

Stevey

Apc34v2.gif

VeeP

Heavy compared to MC2, that's for sure. But then again MC2's handling is a league of its own lol.

Ah, fair. I definitely felt MCLA was heavy. That plus the rubber banding turned me off, and I really wanted to love it :(. Hopefully Rockstar can deliver a nice balance between all the games.

Top Bottom