• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 |OT| The Blue Bomba

hey if anyone wants my US PS4 backer copy of the game Ill give it to you for 15 dollars through Paypal PM if youre interested. I'd rather play last blade 2 than this

EDIT: the code has been claimed

Danji

Good God Brand is BS. I've beaten the game and can run through bossrush killing everyone leading up to him without losing half of my health bar and he blows through my 2 energy tanks like nothing.

I know his weakness is technically the bulldozer but does anyone have any better strategies? I keep hitting him, bouncing off, and immediately being hit by him.

Beartruck

So they're saying the WiiU version was last minute delayed, but my local gamestop has copies according to the site. What's up with that? Did they not tell any retailers that version wasn't finished? What a clusterfuck.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Removed 'temporary' since this is the OT now

So they're saying the WiiU version was last minute delayed, but my local gamestop has copies according to the site. What's up with that? Did they not tell any retailers that version wasn't finished? What a clusterfuck.

Nope my Wii U copy shipped out from Best Buy and I'm getting it in the mail today.

Boogiepop

Here's an excerpt from the Humble Bundle page where you claim your game codes.

Tried this, but the only other seemingly relevant thing was a download for a demo. Unless that stuff was for some reason one of the several "coupons" I have...

Anyway, tried the WiiU version, and... yeah, those death load times are straight up unacceptable. Gonna try to pressure them into at least giving me a darn PS4 code, but I'm not super hopeful. The game seems... eh, outside of that. Doesn't gel as well as I'd have hoped, at least from the first stage, but I guess it's at least playable. Options helped SOME at least (IE by default the WiiU version has confirm as B and cancel as A, as well as some slightly iffy jump/shoot buttons, and the ESPECIALLY questionable choice of putting the dash on R instead of ZR, but that's at least all customizable. Oh, and I can switch out the dicey English voices for Japanese too, so that's not so bad). Any chance further turning down graphics stuff helps at all with the awful load times?

Also... good lord, why is there so much voice acting, but like... zero animation? Like, you couldn't even put in some half-hearted mouth movements? Looks super awkward to have the characters just standing there, mouths closed as they "talk" to each other.

Krammy

I got that page and did what it told me to do but when I click the link in the email it just sends me to the same humble bundle page where I redeemed the game code.

Tried this, but the only other seemingly relevant thing was a download for a demo. Unless that stuff was for some reason one of the several "coupons" I have...

From reading it, I assumed it wasn't available yet, just like the soundtrack. That's what I was getting at.

The wind turbines on Dynatron's stage is so frustrating. There's a part where you have to slide under two of them and the timing is so strict that if you fuck up by a small distance you die instantly.

The whole thing just makes me sad

I want to see these kind of things survive and succeed but i think its only natural to have a good mix of faliure and success in the world

I just hope Inafune learned something from all of this but he seems to just be brushing it off

So are people able to play the game?

Yeah Asian psn on ps4 is fine. Haven't seen any slow down and actually having s blast. Its tough like old school mega man with challenges that seem like megaman fair, but are fairly new. Beat my favorite the ectricity lady with only the normal blaster its a shame that her ability kind of sucks. Stuck on the ice water level right now.

@bxoy yeah that "crouch slide" is a tad cheap died there a few times on my first run and noticed that. Did the entire stage in one life second continue then died at boss till I beat her.

I saw this last night and thought I'd share this, So when you redeem the DLC for the PS4 version this is what happens.

I shit you not

CldRWv0VYAEgYIH.jpg:large

Mega Squid. Mega Kid.

UltraJay

Just when I thought this game couldn't have any more problems, I receive duplicate DLC codes for the Retro Hero.

The Ray DLC key I tried to redeem was actually Retro Hero DLC. The Retro Hero DLC key on my page was what it said it was and I couldn't redeem it because I had already redeemed the other key.

Contacted Humble support to get the actual CORRECT DLC key.

Just when I thought this game couldn't have any more problems, I receive duplicate DLC codes for the Retro Hero.

The Ray DLC key I tried to redeem was actually Retro Hero DLC. The Retro Hero DLC key on my page was what it said it was and I couldn't redeem it because I had already redeemed the other key.

Contacted Humble support to get the actual CORRECT DLC key.

lol yeah this just happened to me too.

bumpkin

I saw this last night and thought I'd share this, So when you redeem the DLC for the PS4 version this is what happens.

I shit you not

CldRWv0VYAEgYIH.jpg:large
Shit... Is anyone seeing this issue on XB1?

If so, sounds like I should delete the DLC before starting the game tonight.

This game kind of bums me out. When it was first announced, I was at a point where I refused to pledge on Kickstarter just based on principal. That said, I was super interested. Then I preordered it the day they finally put preorders up. Cancelled that back in January as I totally lost hope of the game ever getting released...

I'll probably play it eventually, but it's not the "Megaman" I was hoping for. I can't believe they messed this up THIS bad. The art speaks for itself, and from the little that I've seen about how the game plays... I just don't think this is my cup of tea.

I'm going to do my job as a Wii U backer by letting the game run for an hour, rate it 1 star on the eShop, and remove it from my life forever.

Berordn

Okay so...

What exactly were all those delays about, now? There's a ton of user facing issues here mere moments from starting the game... did they just give up on QA at the end?

I'm outta this thread at least for a while. This and watching the launch twitch stream depressed the fuck out of me. I actually feel bad for Inafune and company. They were in over their heads clearly and they apologized all the way through the stream. It was difficult to watch. And I say this as a $60 backer.

I hope he gets to make a sequel without Kickstarter hurdles, learning from all these mistakes and maybe concentrating on a PC, PS4 and X1 releases only. After all, Megaman didn't became a household name until his second game, right?

I'll play this game finally when Im off work today.

Dr. Buni

Okay so...

What exactly were all those delays about, now? There's a ton of user facing issues here mere moments from starting the game... did they just give up on QA at the end?
It is weird. If they were going to release this sorry excuse of a game, why not release it on the original release date? Go figure.
I'm outta this thread at least for a while. This and watching the launch twitch stream depressed the fuck out of me. I actually feel bad for Inafune and company. They were in over their heads clearly and they apologized all the way through the stream. It was difficult to watch. And I say this as a $60 backer.

I hope he gets to make a sequel without Kickstarter hurdles, learning from all these mistakes and maybe concentrating on a PC, PS4 and X1 releases only. After all, Megaman didn't became a household name until his second game, right?

I'll play this game finally when Im off work today.
I agree that people are overly harsh when criticizing the game (me included). Anyways, I am not sure it is even worth trying to make a sequel for this, the game's name is already burned, might as well start a new project instead.

Looks like the PS4 Euro shop has updated, but I still can't redeem my code. Is that because the game is technically not out until Friday? If so that sucks...

I just beat Dynatron and so far the bosses are easy. They move so slow that you can instantly predict all of their attacks.
Shit... Is anyone seeing this issue on XB1?

If so, sounds like I should delete the DLC before starting the game tonight.

I'm on Xbox with all the DLC downloaded and it worked fine.

Gurrry

I will never understand their need to go back and ask for more money so that they could insert this horrrrrible voice acting.

This game kind of bums me out. When it was first announced, I was at a point where I refused to pledge on Kickstarter just based on principal. That said, I was super interested. Then I preordered it the day they finally put preorders up. Cancelled that back in January as I totally lost hope of the game ever getting released...

I'll probably play it eventually, but it's not the "Megaman" I was hoping for. I can't believe they messed this up THIS bad. The art speaks for itself, and from the little that I've seen about how the game plays... I just don't think this is my cup of tea.

Honestly, what's the difference?

FLECKO

Sorry if someone asked before but, could anyone validate the ps4 code for this game? mine says "cannot validate bla bla bla"

I just beat Dynatron and so far the bosses are easy. They move so slow that you can instantly predict all of their attacks.

I'm on Xbox with all the DLC downloaded and it worked fine.

I am either getting old or you are really good. I found her quiet difficult and felt like I got lucky when I beat her. Did you have a special weapon?

Holy shit. The frame rate on Brand's highway stage stutters between 30 and 60. This game can't handle the rain.
I am either getting old or you are really good. I found her quiet difficult and felt like I got lucky when I beat her. Did you have a special weapon?

I didn't use any special weapons. I found her to be easy and predictable. Honestly I'm not really seeing any good reason to use any of the special weapons.

Top Bottom