• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Wii U Edition rated by Pegi

Ōkami;185118152 said:
Releasedate: 2015-11-12

Huh, isn't that tomorrow?

It's Europe, which goes by day --> month. December 11.

Wait, there isn't a Minecraft WiiU version?

I honestly thought there was.

There are a few knockoffs floating around the eShop, but nope, no Minecraft at all on Nintendo platforms until now.

Vinland

Banned
Must be joke thread because this makes too much sense. Also, this might actually get me to buy my first minecraft game especially if it has Nintendo themed bits in it. My old roommate played the living piss out of that game and I never really found it good for me... But on the gamepad... Color me curious.

Ridley327

Not as weird. Oddworld, Viva Piñata and a few other games were on Nintendo platforms back then, with the Microsoft Game Studios logo.

Heck, Rare worked on the port of Diddy Kong Racing DS no MS logo though.

I mean, that wasn't really as weird, given that there was no mobile market and putting those games on the DS weren't doing anything to take away from their console projects. This is a port of a game that's being announced well after the Mojang purchase, on a console that really is past the point where it will do much of anything.

On the other hand, this does bode well for an NX port, which is probably the real aim for Nintendo.

amnesiac

This is going to be a wasted opportunity if they don't have a crafting system similar to the PC. It could be the best console version if it does.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Not as weird. Oddworld, Viva Piñata and a few other games were on Nintendo platforms back then, with the Microsoft Game Studios logo.

Heck, Rare worked on the port of Diddy Kong Racing DS no MS logo though.

Most of those game were on a platform that didn't directly compete with Microsoft's platforms. I guess the Wii U is/was always at that point? The specifics and reasoning are probably over my head.

KingBroly

Banned
No, it's European date, date it's today.
Sometimes PEGI info appears on release day (Driveclub Bikes) sometimes it's for long term (Darius PS4/PSV/PC for exemple).
My bet is releasing today after Direct.

Surprise release for tomorrow?

Man, Nintendo's gonna kill the eShop...again

Oersted

Best selling Vita game isn't that hard to accomplish...

;)

But anyways, seems like this may have to do with the direct tomorrow. I guess we'll see!

For what its worth...

The release of the game's PlayStation Vita version boosted Minecraft sales by 79%, outselling both PS3 and PS4 debut releases and becoming the largest Minecraft launch on a PlayStation console.

It's like Microsoft is in the business of saving failing consoles. First Vita, now Wii U.

Vita version was announced one year before the deal.

Sandfox

If this ends up happening it'll be good to see Nintendo finally getting Minecraft and I'm curious to see if they got any exclusive content/features given the title.

Eh, I've bought three different copies of it already. Not getting it again. If it came out like 2 years ago I might have though.

Balb

One of Nintendo's biggest failings was not to secure Minecraft on their platforms. Hopefully they do it right this time, even if they're a few years late to the party.

My little sister moved from the 360 to the Wii U because she wanted to play Splatoon and she's been missing Minecraft pretty badly. She'll be excited to play all the games she likes on one system.

But where's the 3DS version? That's the one I've been waiting to see.

Oersted

Most of those game were on a platform that didn't directly compete with Microsoft's platforms. I guess the Wii U is/was always at that point? The specifics and reasoning are probably over my head.

Microsoft brought Office to Apple devices. They trying to get out their software to as many devices as possible.

Top Bottom