• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10: Videogame Scam of the Year - post#476 you gotta be KIDDING

Smokey said:
When you've been an admin of GAF NBA2K leagues for 3+ seasons then get at me. When you've offered your own money as a prize and go through everything that comes with managing a league of 20+ people then get at me. When you realize how much effort I put in with NBA2K products here on GAF because I LIKE(ed) their product then get at me.

Until then shut tha fuck up. I'm not a EA plant. Do you realize how stupid that makes you sound? Obviously you are not in tune with the sports community here if that is what you think, but whatever. You tried to ninja edit your post but I caught it.

You are part of the problem. The game is obviously flawed yet you're willing to stand by it and suck it up. You even acknowledge the obvious amount of bugs, yet you're willing to stand there with your pants down waiting for Admin Ron to come fuck you again, again, and again.

So..who's really the plant?

I took out the part about the EA plant before anyone fucking copied my original post, so bringing that up is bullshit. I took it out right after I wrote it because I realizes who wrote the original topic. So chill out.

Sorry if you had a bad experience. Get over it. God knows you can't stop posting about it. Go return the game, get your 60 bucks back, and don't fall for their 'scam' next year.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Hey guys remember when games just worked? Hard Drives + Internet are slowly killing the industry because now devs can ship unfinished games under the pretense that a patch will fix everything.

charsace

This game is so unfinished that it doesn't even have a video intro. When is the last time you played a sports game that didn't have one?

Raging Spaniard said:
I own the game, play it and I agree with Smokey. I dont need to change my opinion because other people are enjoying the game, I form my own opinions trough my own experiences.

What about it isnt a scam? Is a roster update worth 60 bucks? Hell, they didnt even do it right as several trades werent working on launch day

When an old game with old bugs and with non working MODES is being sold as something thats NEW, then yes, thats a scam.

A roster update? Seriously? You really consider 2k10 a 'roster update' with stuff like NBA Today, new animations, My Player mode, etc. If so, I'm done with this thread. You guys win.

CartridgeBlower said:
Online leagues are busted, no argument. And yes, there are a ton of glitches. But to call it the "videogame scam of the year" is juuust a bit much. The core gameplay is spot on. To people like me who don't even play online, we don't see 80% of the problems he's mentioning.

Like I said, if you want to know more, go to opersationsports. Ton of people are enjoying this year's game.
stop defending a broken, unfunished game. consumers we're swindled by 2k and reviewers alike. we were not told that almost all the modes do not work.
ALMOST ALL MODES ARE UNPLAYABLE.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Sorry if you had a bad experience."

Honestly if you were in front of me I would stick my copy of 2k10 up your ass, then you can have a bad experience with the game as well.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Raging Spaniard said:
Hey guys remember when games just worked?
Obviously you have never blown on a cartridge

Honestly if you were in front of me I would stick my copy of 2k10 up your ass, then you can have a bad experience with the game as well.
f*ck it I'm going deep

aznpxdd

CartridgeBlower said:
Online leagues are busted, no argument. And yes, there are a ton of glitches. But to call it the "videogame scam of the year" is juuust a bit much. The core gameplay is spot on. To people like me who don't even play online, we don't see 80% of the problems he's mentioning.

Yeah, that makes it completely okay then. Too bad the modes I want to play (crew & league) don't fucking work.

This game's a disgrace. NBA2K-Age put so much hope on the patch to fix majority of the issues that we were willing to deal with this broken piece of shit for a month. Well, the patch is here and it didn't fix anything.

Live's gameplay might be not as "sim" or "realistic" as 2k series, but at least the online mode works and was working smoothly since day 1.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
CartridgeBlower said:
A roster update? Seriously? You really consider 2k10 a 'roster update' with stuff like NBA Today, new animations, My Player mode, etc.

I'm done with this thread. You guys win.

I used to work on sports games and can give you an approximation of how much work is involved in making those modes and handful of new animations

hint: its not a year.

HMC

Some folks demand a lot of stuff on 2K's wishlists, and have for years, a great deal of which they are able to get in...so personally, I can't hate on the growing pains. We've contributed to it.

Perhaps if you are operating from the perspective of consumers who never been, or cared to be part of the solution, then this game is indeed a travesty, since alot of the things they've fixed may go right over your head. For those who appreciate the substantial in-game improvement (the post game) and can actually recognize and all the new stuff we've clamored for, this game is phenomenal, even with annoying glitches and online issues.

The problem is that the OP and others would (continue to) bash this game to shit if they took a year off from adding new stuff to polish the existing features, so obviously 2K is damed either way to a certain crowd. Which is you. This is an admittedly sucky situation. For you. Be aware though, that it's prettty lame to let this define the experience, lol. The rest of us are as happy with the good, yeah...tough to believe there is actually any good stuff...as the poor unfortunate complainers are frustrated with the bad. Most of the "glitches" people are running with are one in every few games occurences, most of which the posters in this thread haven't even seen themselves, only read about. Most of these things represent 10 seconds of a 20 minute experience.

This will be quoted a few times with "OH EM GEE, how can you let them get away with murder dood you suck, hur hur!!! sentiments, but please try to comprehend what I'm saying. A lot of hardcore basketball game players won't just arbitrarily ignore all the positives in the heat of frustration when the ridiculous shit pops up.

Carry on.

HMC said:
Some folks demand a lot of stuff on 2K's wishlists, and have for years, a great deal of which they are able to get in...so personally, I can't hate on the growing pains. We've contributed to it.

Perhaps if you are operating from the perspective of consumers who never been, or cared to be part of the solution, then this game is indeed a travesty, since alot of the things they've fixed may go right over your head. For those who appreciate the substantial in-game improvement (say...the post game) and can actually recognize and all the new stuff we've clamored for, this game is phenomenal, even with annoying glitches and online issues.

The problem is that the OP and others would (continue to) bash this game to shit if they took a year off from adding new stuff to polish the existing features, so obviously 2K is damed either way to a certain crowd. Which is you. This is an admittedly sucky situation. For you. Be aware though, that it's prettty lame to let this define the experience, lol. The rest of us are as happy with the good, yeah...tough to believe there is actually any good stuff...as the poor unfortunate complainers are frustrated with the bad. Most of the "glitches" people are running with are one in every few games occurences, most of which the posters in this thread haven't even seen themselves, only read about. Most of these things represent 10 seconds of a 20 minute experience.

This will be quoted a few times with "OH EM GEE, how can you let them get away with murder dood you suck, hur hur!!! sentiments, but please try to comprehend what I'm saying. A lot of hardcore basketball game players won't just arbitrarily ignore all the positives in the heat of frustration when the ridiculous shit pops up.

Carry on.

Amen.

aznpxdd

HMC said:
Perhaps if you are operating from the perspective of consumers who never been, or cared to be part of the solution, then this game is indeed a travesty, since alot of the things they've fixed may go right over your head. For those who appreciate the substantial in-game improvement (the post game) and can actually recognize and all the new stuff we've clamored for, this game is phenomenal, even with annoying glitches and online issues.

Too bad the post game is broken after the patch. :lol

Smokey

CartridgeBlower said:
I took out the part about the EA plant before anyone fucking copied by original post, so bringing that up is bullshit. I took it out right after I wrote it because I realizes who wrote the original topic. So chill out.

Sorry if you had a bad experience. Get over it. God knows you can't stop posting about it. Go return the game, get your 60 bucks back, and don't fall for their 'scam' next year.

Yeah smart ass, because I can definitely do that after buying the game day 1.

The only place I even post about 2K problems is in the league thread in the online forum, where you know, online GAF K players reside.

And if you think I'm the only person that bitches about it you'd be wrong. I've decided to speak up about it after people in this community and personal friends have been burned by this POS.

chubigans said:
I don't get it. You recognize that online is broken, yet if someone buys the game for online, they shouldn't complain because the core gameplay of single player still works 80% of the time?

Even this is debatable. Did you see the front page regarding Association and My Player glitches. Those are all single player, with My Player being the hyped up feature that K wouldn't shut up about and there's all kinds of stupid stuff going on in that mode.

Raging Spaniard

Guys its not about glitches, its about FULL GAME MODES THAT USED TO WORK THAT DONT WORK ANYMORE. That is FUCKED UP!

And yes, this can be fixed by adding more team members. Sure the current 2k dev team in charge of NBA cant fix shit AND add modes, but add 3 more engineers and a couple more artists and that could be the difference maker.

Compared to the huge gain this game makes for 2k when compared to its budget, Im sure they could afford to put a bit more money into it ... but they dont because they realized that they can put out a very flawed product and people will not only buy it, but defend it!

kenta

Has no PEINS
I shouldn't be surprised that people are defending 2K, but yet I still am

This is about when I'd expect EviLore to randomly pop in with some juicy discovery

MedHead

HMC said:
The problem is that the OP and others would (continue to) bash this game... if they took a year off from adding new stuff to polish the existing features
Wait... what? How do you know this? The complaints here are that bugs that are in the current game were seen in previous versions. Why would they complain that the bugs were fixed?

ZoddGutts

chubigans said:
Didn't Sony used to put out their own NBA game too?

Doesn't look like one is coming out for PS3. Which is good news now they can fully concentrate on making MLB The Show even more awesome then it already is. :D

Smokey

HMC said:

Carry on.

Bro..I'm talking about full modes that are not working. Modes that WORKED LAST YEAR. Really, I'm the last person to talk shit upon NBA2K until this season when I realized I was getting screwed. I'm pretty sure I know what they fixed. I'm pretty sure I know what they didn't fix. I didn't start playing NBA2K last season.

How anybody can look at the first page and the patch notes and not see how unfinished this game is/was is beyond me. Okay, so they issue out a giant patch.

But..

wait for it..

Some things said to work in this big ass patch do not. It's been a month + since this game launched. Azn BOUGHT a 360 to play in this league. He's screwed. As are others. My Player still has all sorts of glitches and bugs. Things getting deleted from their forums. A poster here uploading some videos with things that are wrong. Deleted. NBA2K has some of the most hardcore sports fans, and VC chooses to shit all over them.

Keep smokin' that good stuff though.

They knowingly realeased this game with certain modes not working AND knowingly put out a patch that didn't fully correct these modes. This is their 2nd patch. Why is this important? Because MS charges for a 3rd patch, which I'm willing to bet 2k is not going to do.

They scammed people. They got their money.

Do you not see this as a problem?

jman2050

When games like MLB The Show nail their goals with minimal technical difficulties, games that are in such an unfinished state like NBA2k are simply unacceptable. It's as simple as that.

HMC

Sucks for dude who bought a box. On OS we never start the season til around Thanksgiving so the pacthes, sliders and ratings tweaks can be worked out. I can say with zero sarcasm that I am truly sorry you guys are having these game-killing experiences, cuz some of the games I've played with buds have been magnificent.

a176

Banned
HMC said:

Carry on.

All I play are quick games. Just the core, basic, no nonsense basketball game. If even that can't be done right, what can you say about the game? "Oh hay, I liked the commentary, well worth my 60 bux!"

Which was more than 70 bux in canadaland, by the way.

charsace

CartridgeBlower said:
I've been playing the game since Day 1, and while it's a buggy fucking mess, it's still the best playing basketball game on the market. This coming from a guy who loved Live 09.

But please stop posting every two days about how busted the game is. Seriously, your post history is littered with how much you hate 2k. We get it.
2a5f5uo.gif

Cartridge Blower, HMC, get your fucking bitchasses out of this thread, coming in and talking shit to my boys...all Smokey does is shit on 2k? :lol You actually bothered to look through his post history? wow some people...

this game is a fucking atrocity and everybody knows it. anyone who tries to defend it obviously doesn't care about the fact that 2k is a scamming shit this year

HMC

a176 said:
All I play are quick games. Just the core, basic, no nonsense basketball game. If even that can't be done right, what can you say about the game? "Oh hay, I liked the commentary, well worth my 60 bux!"

Which was more than 70 bux in canadaland, by the way.

Yeah, cuz thats all that they improved. Teh commentary. :/

ph33nix said:
Cartridge Blower, HMC, get your fucking bitchasses out of this thread, coming in and talking shit to my boys...all Smokey does is shit on 2k? :lol You actually bothered to look through his post history? wow some people...
:lol
im still in line :(

HMC

ph33nix said:

this game is a fucking atrocity and everybody knows it. anyone who tries to defend it obviously doesn't care about the fact that 2k is a scamming shit this year

1. Ooooohhhhh [/highschool] seriously, stop catchin' feelins little dude. I guarantee you wouldn't call me a bitch ass to my face so stop with the e-macho shit. You're embarrasing yourself.

2. I never said dude only shits on 2K. Again, you mad?

3. Everybody knows it? Wow is correct, lol.

Zep

Banned
Dammit, OS 2K apologists found the board? Im standing behind Pheeniks and his girl(friends) on this one.

HMC

At least do me the favor of quoting, friends. :lol

jman2050

Some people need to be taught that you don't screw around with Sports-GAF and you ESPECIALLY don't screw around with NBA-GAF. Ever.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I loved 2k. I really did, but I can't even sim association games without experiencing some completely nonsensical bugs. Hell, my fucking scouts don't even progress right. I gave up on the gameplay at first because I knew that patch was going to fix most of the problems (lulz) but even the simmed events are broken.

When I go through team rosters, I have to remember that the buttons to switch between positions and teams get changed depending on whether or not I'm attempting to trade of just view salaries. During the off-season, the entire layout of the menus are changed - keep on pushing up to get to rosters if you want, you'll be fucked into letting your sixth man go because you can't change their fucking role. By the way, he's only rated 71 but goddamnit he wants 30 minutes a game off the bench or he's going to ruin all of your team chemistry. Player Tendency, Hotspot, and Attributes have almost no consistency with drafted players or rookies and progression is still broken.

I wanted to love this fucked up game. But 2k just won't even let me. I literally gave up on playing any kind of actual basketball and just messed around with association mode hoping that the late ass patch would fix things, at least make it playable. But no. I can't even get that.

Screw you 2k.

charsace

HMC said:

Carry on.
Take this post and shove it.

The post game is the only thing they fixed. Collision detection, lateral speed and defense still need work. 2k hasn't done serious fixes to the base game in years.

Bottom Line: 2K charged people $60 for a game that doesn't even do alot of the things it says on the packaging and is severly broken. How can anyone say that a person that bought the game shouldn't be pissed?

You can't.

Don't make excuses for the publisher of this game. If you do, you are part of the problem.

ecnal

i really hate the people who come in here and start their counter argument with, "well over at OS..."

can you describe a more niche and fantasy bubble than OS?

do you people really not understand that it is impossible to buy this game off the shelve, pop it in your 360/ps3, and not be able to play a single game without encountering an issue?

it's really not that difficult to figure out, so if you're happy playing in and with other people in your make believe fantasy world have fun, but don't come in here acting like people are EA plants or that the issues aren't really that bad.

ph33nix said:

::puts on kevlar vest and slowly backs out of the room::

HMC

Y'all are very upset about this I see. Now even OS is under fire, lol.

Sorry to rile you doods up, toodles. :lol

Smokey

JimtotheHum said:
Bottom Line: 2K charged people $60 for a game that doesn't even do alot of the things it says on the packaging and is severly broken. How can anyone say that a person that bought the game shouldn't be pissed?

You can't.

Don't make excuses for the publisher of this game. If you do, you are part of the problem.

THIS

is what this thread is about. Scam is indeed the correct word in this situation.

HMC said:
Y'all are very upset about this I see. Now even OS is under fire, lol.

Sorry to rile you doods up, toodles. :lol

Umm..when I can't play a mode or the majority of the game that I bought on day 1, then yes I get upset. When a patch still doesn't fix GAME MODES that I bought the game for..then yes..I get upset. When shit is knowingly released with the intent to deceive customers..then yes..I get upset.

You two jobs make OS seem like ankle grabbers.

HMC said:
1. Ooooohhhhh [/highschool] seriously, stop catchin' feelins little dude. I guarantee you wouldn't call me a bitch ass to my face so stop with the e-macho shit. You're embarrasing yourself.

2. I never said dude only shits on 2K. Again, you mad?

3. Everybody knows it? Wow is correct, lol.

Hey what's your phone number? I'll call you a bitch to your voice right now, for real

signs you know someone should leave a thread: when only you and your butt buddy over there are in defense mode constantly. nobody in here likes you, sorry you had to call me a HIGH SCHOOLER! OMG!!!111

as for anyone who says just deal with it....that represents everything that's wrong with retarded customers that buy the same horse shit every year

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
OS can go sit in the same corner of suck with 2k.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Smokey said:
THIS

is what this thread is about. Scam is indeed the correct word in this situation.
I seriously can't think of one feature of the game that is playable.

Even the 2k Beats shit is fucked up, it won't even shuffle correctly - got a track you want to play for your home opener in association mode? lol I bet you do.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
CartridgeBlower said:
I've been playing the game since Day 1, and while it's a buggy fucking mess, it's still the best playing basketball game on the market. This coming from a guy who loved Live 09.

But please stop posting every two days about how busted the game is. Seriously, your post history is littered with how much you hate 2k. We get it.

2hrlngo.jpg

Top Bottom